It is an authentically restored 1895 Victorian farmhouse which has all of its original outbuildings. In its day it was a working farmhouse although pretentious for its time. It was opened as a museum for the purpose of interpreting rural life on the Blackland Prairie in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The main building of the museum is the restored 1891 Farrell-Wilson House which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
On the 4 acre property are 7 restored original buildings which include a potting shed, blacksmith shop, smokehouse, sheep and ram barns and a pole bard – as well as the main house which has 14 rooms all furnished with large furniture, small objects, books etc from this period. The external buildings are all equipped with farm implements and machinery which date back to the 1890’s to the 1910’s. There are also live animals around the property.
Closed Mondays and Public Holidays