Port Aransas Warnings and Dangers

JAWS
    by kyoub

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Port Aransas

• Gairc's Profile Photo

Watch out for Man oWar and oil exploration trucks!

by Gairc Written Mar 5, 2006

Numerous blue man o war jelly fish washed up and in the water though no one I saw got stung it probably would not fell to good. When I was relaxing one day on the beach along came 2 transport flatbeds on the beach and they got stuck right in front of me , Irritating but I guess an evil we cannot get rid of since the oil co.s have exploration rights there! :((

• Theft

by GeoloJoe Written Nov 20, 2004

I've been visiting Port Aransas at least once per year for the last 11 years, and I've never had any problems until September '04 when someone absconded with my tools out of the back of my truck! The police said they thought it was this vagrant that keeps coming back to the island. Other than that one instance, I've never had any problems here.

• Seniors

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Spring breakers

by kyoub Updated Aug 20, 2004

It is best to go elsewhere during spring break season.
    The arrival of 150,000 or so students can be overwhelming, to say the least.
    Unless you are a student or you enjoy hordes of noisey people you will probably want to plan a trip to Port A at another time.

• Festivals

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Sharks !

by kyoub Written Aug 20, 2004

JAWS

Watch out for sharks. One just swallowed my husband. I think it will spit him out though.
    Do watch out for man-o-war jellyfish. They are especially bad in the summer months.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Port Aransas

Comments

Port Aransas Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Port Aransas warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Aransas sightseeing.