Places to eat in Texas

Most Viewed Restaurants in Texas

• Astrobuck's Profile Photo

Romano's: Local Pizza

by Astrobuck Updated Feb 12, 2005

OK, this place....the guy who owns and runs it is a real pill. I used to work here. The guy is Jordanian, but claims to be Itallian....if you try to confront him with it, he flips out. He never flipped out on me, but he's a little wierd. I think he is suffering from some sort of identity crisis.

Nonetheless, the pizza here is fantastic. All the dough is made fresh daily, and is made from scratch. There are tons of toppings to choose from, and there are also other types of dishes to choose from. You will miss out if you don't eat here.

Favorite Dish: Romano's has pizza, stromboli, spaghetti, and other itallian dishes.

Cafe Istanbul: Delicious homemade bread

by kyoub Written Aug 14, 2006

We like to try different kinds of food so when we noticed the Cafe Istanbul in the food section of the newspaper we just had to try it. It is the only Turkish restaurant in the Dallas-Ft Worth area so we took the drive to Dallas one evening.
    The cafe is located in a strip shopping mall but as soon as you walk in the front door you seem to be transported across the sea.
    It is a very cosy little place. It appears small but actually seat several people.
    I decided on the Beyaz Peynitili Pide Pizza (thick crust, feta cheese, parsley, dill, and eggs.
    It was good but the homemade bread that came with my husbands meal was outstanding.
    I could have just pigged out on bread with olive oil and wine.

Turkish Pizza Homemade bread

Sand's Restaurant: Decent Food/Good Variety in Van Horn

by Basaic Written Jul 20, 2007

The Sand's Restaurant is located on the main street of Van Horn near I-10. It offered a variety of food ranging from steak to chicken to Mexican. I ordered an enchilada platter. It was pretty good. The decor was simple; but I liked the family photos displayed throughout the place. The staff was efficient enough and fairly friendly. Most of the clientele however, seems to be locals. They have a buffet in addition to menu order and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sorry, no picture.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my enchilada platter, especiallt the beef enchilada. A friend of mine ate here before and said the breakfast is good too.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

The Outback: An Aussie in Texas..

by Sweetberry1 Updated Oct 16, 2004

I was rather surprised on entering The Outback resturant. The decore was so very Australian, blue gum branches and leaves were everywhere.. not to mention, a koala or two, and several other mammals.
    The Meals were great, the atmosphere nice and relaxed, and the service excellent.

Steak..

Pasand Indian Cruisine: Spicy Indian Food

by kyoub Updated Aug 14, 2006

I love Indian food and one of my favorite restaurants near where I live is Pasand Indian Cruisine. The have a very nice buffet at lunch time or you can order from the menu.
    I prefer the buffet most all the time.

The restaurant has two levels of seating plus a large banquet room which is usually in use for birthday partys and such.

There are several windows in the restaurant so it is bright and cheery inside.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dishes are:

Dahl Curry(lentils with spinach). Palek Paneer Curry(spinach with cheese cubes), they also deliver Masala Dosa's(potato and other veggies in a wrap) to the table for everyone.
    For dessert I like Kheer(rice pudding) or Gulub Jameen(small balls made with milk and wheat flour soaked in sweet syrup).

Lots of water.

Meat lover Veggie plate Dosa(half eaten) Dessert

Antares: Revolving restaurant

by kyoub Updated Apr 4, 2011

For my birthday on July 30, 2006, we went to Dallas and ate brunch at Antares Restaurant. It is in the Reunion Tower, up on the 50th floor.
    It was breathtaking to sit there and revolve around to see the sights of Dallas without all the traffic and noise.
    I hardly had time to eat for looking out the windows.
    There was Sunday brunch set up at various stations around in the middle of the circle. The tables revolved but the food stations remained in place. You never knew where your table would be when you returned.
    As soon as we were seated we were given water and champagne.
    Our waitress was very friendly and even offered to take our picture before we left.

Favorite Dish: I always head for the breakfast station and have a made to order omlette.
    Then I check out the dessert table.
    That day I found a dessert with blueberries that was delicious.

Hyatt and Tower Reunion Tower Blueberries Restaurant Ice carving

The Queen of Sheba: Delicious Injera

by kyoub Updated Aug 13, 2006

One of our very favorite places to eat is the Queen of Sheba.
    We don't get there often but we did go there for our Valentine's Day dinner.
    The setting is not quite as romantic since they moved to their new location but the food is still as good as it always has been. I was disappointed that they no longer served the Ethiopian honey wine that they formally had on the wine list but Mead is good too..

Favorite Dish: I always have the vegetarain platter. The food is served on a metal tray lined with injera(flat spongy bread).
    There are several mounds of different beans and veggies on the tray. You have a plate of injera with extra bread with which to pick up your food and you eat with your fingers. You can ask for a fork if you would rather eat with one.
    The food is spicy so you will need plenty of water and honey wine to go with it.

Meat platter Veggie platter Injera Bread Honey wine
    • Architecture

Belnap Thai: Authenic Thai food

by kyoub Written Nov 12, 2006

After going to Thailand we now travel far and near for some authenic Thai food here in Texas.
    Lucky for us, there are many Thai restaurants not to far away from where we live. Some are better than others but most are owned by thai's.
    Our last great find was in Haltom City which is very close to us. We can go down a few country roads and we are there. No need to worry about the traffic on the interstate to get to this one.

Favorite Dish: I, of course, love their great veggie dishes, the seaweed salad, and the Thai custard.

Seaweed Salad Tofu veggie dish Green Curry Thai custard dessert

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Texas Roadhouse: Good Texas Style Meals

by Sweetberry1 Updated Oct 21, 2004

The Texas Roadhouse is a great place to eat if you like a good tender steak.
    But that is not all that they serve here.. there are various other foods on the menu..
    Ribs, Chicken Dishes, Various Seafood, Side Items, Fresh Baked Bread, and Cold Beer. And the portions are large.

The atmosphere is very casual, and the staff are really friendly

Texas Roadhouse

• Hosell's Profile Photo

The Big Texan: Real Texan homemade food!!

by Hosell Updated Oct 22, 2003

This is a real typical Texan Restaurant, the food is very nice and you must to try one Texan Steak.Below you can see a part of the dinner menu.
    Also has live music and some shows.

Favorite Dish: Homemade Salad Dressing choices
    Ranch, Thousand Island, Roquefort, Honey Mustard
    BIG TEXAN PRIME RIB, slowly roasted, juicy and very tender, served with Au Jus and horseradish sauce.
    10 oz. Palo Duro Cut $16.95
    16 oz. Panhandle Cut $18.95
    BIG TEXAN STRIP, move over New York and Kansas City, our strip has made a name for itself!
    16 oz. Big Texan Strip $21.85

BIG TEXAN RIBEYE, This steak is well-marbled, making it flavorful, moist and tender. Don't order the Ribeye if you want a lean cut of beef.
    12 oz. Ft. Worth Cut $15.95
    18 oz. Dallas Cut $18.95
    22 oz. R. J.'s Texas Cut $22.95
    PRIME GRADE TOP SIRLOIN, a Texas cattleman's favorite selection, the most incredibly flavorful beef available.
    7.2 oz. Crockett Cut $13.95
    10 oz. Amarillo Cut $15.95
    18 oz. Lone Star Cut for One Person $23.25
    18 oz. Lone Star Cut, One Steak Prepared for Two People $27.95
    BIG TEXAN T-BONE, You're in Texas, treat yourself to the ultimate king of steaks.
    16 oz. Ranch Hand $23.50
    22 oz. Trail Boss $26.95
    BIG TEXAN FILET, the most tender and delicious filet you will ever experience. "Center Cut" and perfectly lean.
    8 oz. San Antonio Ladies Cut $17.95
    12 oz. Governor's Cut $22.95

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Don Pablo's: Great Tex-Mex

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 11, 2008

As we travel around Texas, I've noticed Don Pablo's restaurants but had never tried any of their meals. On a recent weekend we had that opportunity. Not only was the food great, the decor was colorful! (See pic #2)

Before our order was even taken, a basket of nachos and salsa were promptly delivered to our table.

For dinner, I ordered Chicken Chimichunga on a corn tortilla with rice and topped with Ranchero sauce ($9.49). It was delicious! My husband ordered a beef fajita, which he proclaimed "tasty"!

Each week there seems to be a discount coupon in the newspaper--$5 off a $15 order or other discounts on the entree.

Don Pablo restaurants in Texas are located in Arlington, Bedford, Ft. Worth, Grand Prairie, Irving, Lewisville, Mesquite and North Richland Hills and Grapevine.

Favorite Dish: The chicken chimichunga was very good!

Yummy Chicken Chimichunga Festive and colorful
    • Seniors
    • Singles

Seoul Restaurant: Great Asian Buffet in Del Rio

by Basaic Written Mar 8, 2011

The Seoul Restaurant offers a variety of Chinese and Korean dishes in an all you can eat buffet. The food is brought out often and they have a decent selection of fruit and deserts too.

Favorite Dish: This is one of the few buffets that had good kimch'i! Nice mix of Chinese and Korean food.

Seoul restaurant

K Bobs Steakhouse: Nice Steakhouse in Fort Stockton

by Basaic Written Mar 8, 2011

K Bob's specializes in steaks but also serves, chicken and fish and have their "salad wagon". The salad wagon has a variety of fresk vegetables, fruits salads and soups and a big pot of beans. Decor is slump block with ceramic tile floors and a few western style items on twalls. Food was good but the service was not so great. The hostess asked what I wanted to drink and I said Decaf. It never came. My waitress asked what two side dishes I wanted and I said Rice and Green Beans. All she brought me was rice. When I finally got her attention, she said "oh it only comes with one side". Couldn't she have said something? When I kidded the hostess that my coffee never came. she rudely said "I wasn't your waitress". Well, if you are not going to bring me a drink why ask, and why didn't the waitress ask what I wanted to drink? Food is a 4; service drops it back to 3. They serve beer. Hours are 11 AM to 10 PM Monday through Friday, 6 PM to 10 PM on Saturday and 6 PM to 9 PM on Sunday.

Favorite Dish: The fried catfish was pretty good. I liked the "chuckwagon Rice".

K Bobs Steakhouse
    • Business Travel

Al-T's Seafood and Steak Restaurant: Great Cajun Seafood in Winnie

by Basaic Written Mar 8, 2011

This place serves some of the finest cajun cuisine in Texas. The decor was fine as was the service. I would definitely stop here again.

Favorite Dish: Al-T's Seafood Platter has fish, crab, shrimp, and even froglegs, along with red beans and sausage, crawfish etouffe, and a side of jumbalaya. It is all very, very good. Bring your appetite.

Al-T's  Seafood and Steak Restaurant

Afghan Grill: Afganistan cuisine

by kyoub Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant in far north Dallas serves dishes with a focus on Afghanistan dishes.
    It is located in a shopping strip center. There is a huge dining room. A buffet is offered daily at lunchtime. Dinner until 10pm.
    There is an Afghan eating space on a raised platform, where diners sit crossed-legged on ornamental rugs. There are also tables and chairs.
    There is a selection of kebabs-skewered meats-with beef, chicken,lamb or seafood.
    Several specialty dishes are available.

Favorite Dish: Mantoo, a simmered spinach dish, with garlic,onions, and tomato served over rice,
    Kadu Buranee, chunks of pumpkin topped with yogurt and a house meat sauce.
    Badenjan Chalao, mashed eggplant cooked with garlic, onion, and tomato.

appetizer meal kabab dessert

897 Reviews - 1897 Photos
Texarkana Hotels
45 Reviews - 49 Photos

Instant Answers: Texas

Comments

Texas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Texas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Texas sightseeing.
Map of Texas