Dick's Last Resort, San Antonio

by ATXtraveler
    by jlpretty
    by jm34bee
  • jm34bee's Profile Photo

Dick's Last Resort: Not the best food, but lots of fun!!

by jm34bee Updated Feb 19, 2007

The food is mostly cheeseburgers and other fried items but the service is what makes this place so fun. On the day I was there they were out of catfish and pasta but the food we ended up ordering was fine.
    The gimmick at this restaurant is that the waters/waitresses are rude, impolite, and offensive.
    Prepare to be embarrassed as mostly everyone at the table ends up with an embarrassing hat before the meal is over with. 17% gratuity is automatically included.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Dick's Last Resort: Attitude with your Meal

by ATXtraveler Written May 18, 2008

Do you like verbal abuse when you eat, drink and be merry? If so, then Dick’s on the Riverwalk is definitely your place to go eat. The waiters and waitresses here definitely have it in for you, and there crude style of waiting is exactly why people actually go here. The only place where I consistently had worse service is actually in Australia, where the empathy level for their job makes waiting tables laughable at best. Here at Dick’s though, rude is what you are paying for, because it surely is not the food.
    ……

Favorite Dish: I would recommend the Dolly Parton.... its two plump juicy chicken breasts.

• Dick's Last Resort: Very rude!!!

by texasladie49 Written Jul 11, 2007

I recently visited DICK'S LAST RESORT on the Riverwalk this past weekend. They explained to us that they do things different there and that if we didn't like it that we could leave. That was funny. It was ok for a little while but this guy was taking it to the EXTREME so bad that we DID end up leaving the restaurant. I do have a sense of humor but we felt it was a little bit too extreme. Enough is enough. We felt that if we would have stayed that they were going to spit in our drinks or food and I have NEVER thought that about any restaurant before. I don't know if it was the waiter or what because the place was packed, but I saw no one being treated the way we were. I am a business owner and I treat my customers the way I would want to be treated. It was their loss though. There were 4 of us there and we were ready to drink some drinks and eat dinner which would have been close to $100.00 ticket, if not more.

• jlpretty's Profile Photo

Dick's Last Resort: Wacky Waiters

by jlpretty Written Jun 18, 2007

Don't come for the food, come for the entertaining waiters who are rude to you...their way of being humorous.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Dick's Last Resort: Drinks, food and fun

by spartan Updated Jul 9, 2003

Live rhythm and blues, Motown, Classic Rock and Roll and no cover charge.

Favorite Dish: Didn't eat anything, had some beers and got a big ass glass!

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: San Antonio

Comments

Hotels Near Dick's Last Resort
4.5 out of 5 stars