Places to eat in San Antonio

• Restaurants
    by msbrandysue
  • Luciano Brickoven Pizzeria, Caprese Salad
    Luciano Brickoven Pizzeria, Caprese...
    by bpwarne
  • Restaurants
    by bpwarne

Most Viewed Restaurants in San Antonio

Paesano's: Italian...At Its Best

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 9, 2008

Paesano's was located along the River Walk not far from the Hyatt Regency. As most restaurants, it was packed with a waiting list. Although we were expecting a long wait, we were surprised when a table opened up not long after we arrived.

The restaurant is decorated in contemporary style with black washed walls and colorful modern art (picture #2). The outdoor dining faced the River Walk, while a sleek bar/waiting area fronted the main indoor dining room. During our short wait, we enjoyed a glass of Pinot Grigio ($7.00).

Once we were seated, crusty bread was served with a small dish of olive oil mixed with parmesan cheese on the side. For an entree I ordered Ravioli with Bolognese Sauce ($11.95) which was superb! I would stop by Paesano's again anytime! They serve lunch and dinner daily; Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.

UPDATE: We were determined to bring our family to Paesano's over the NY's holiday and we succeeded on doing so the second night. All enjoyed their meal and I would recommend it to anyone!

Paesano's Paesano's contemporary dining room

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

The Rainforest Cafe: For a Taste Of The Amazon...

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 7, 2008

UPDATE: While visiting this New Year, the grandkids ALL loved the Rainforest Cafe. Check out the new pics (#2-#5)!

This is a great place to bring the kids! Not only does it feel like a visit to a tropical rain forest, but animated critters make your dining an interesting adventure.

Our first visit to a Rainforest Cafe was while we were living in New Jersey. It was packed with diners--this restaurant was no different. There was a long waiting list since this was on the weekend.

We decided to park ourselves on the outdoor terrace at a table beneath a wide umbrella. It was a very hot day and the shade was appreciated. There were only four tables, so you'd be fortunate to grab one! Our meal was served promptly by a friendly waiter.

The main dining area was on street level, with a gift shop below at the River Walk entrance. Items such as t-shirts, mugs, stuffed animals, toys, candy, videos and such were imprinted with the Rainforest logo and available for purchase.

Whether you're traveling with children or in twos, I think you'd like the Rainforest Cafe. Hours for the Cafe are Sun.-Thurs. 11 am-10 pm; gift shop 10 am-10pm. Fri.&Sat. the Cafe hours are 11 am-11 pm; gift shop 10 am-11 pm.

Rainforest Cafe-Outdoor Dining Area First night dining--RAINFOREST CAFE! A Friendly Beast The Rainforest Gift Shop
    • Seniors

Texas Land and Cattle: A Unique Steakhouse

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 9, 2008

It was early evening, we had been sightseeing all day and we were famished. As we pushed ourselves along the River Walk we asked a guide to recommend a good restaurant. He gave us directions to Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse. We were so glad to have bumped into him!

The steakhouse was located along the River Walk, but was a little further away from the crowds. Because of this we had no waiting in line, but were conducted directly to our table. The dining room left no doubt in our minds that we were in Texas...I think it was the steer horns that convinced us!

I ordered Grilled Chicken with Shrimp ($14.99)with a baked potato and house salad acompanying the entree. It was tender and tasty! A Geyser Peak Pinot Grigio suggested by the bartender was good, too. Our experience at Texas Land and Cattle was wonderful and we would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Dish: The Grilled Chicken With Shrimp was full of flavor and cooked perfectly

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

CHAPS: We Ate Breakfast Here...

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 9, 2008

CHAPS is located at the Hyatt Regency Hotel on the lobby level. Our day began here each day with a hearty breakfast. I became addicted to the waffles which are made in the shape of Texas--and to prove it I included it with this tip!

Your meal can be ordered from the menu or you can partake of the breakfast buffet. Pastry assortments, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit salad, bagels, pancakes, omelets and other items are offered with the buffet. Although the fruit wasn't all that ripe, we thought the food was hearty fare and the staff friendly.

Texas Waffles! Chaps Breakfast Buffet

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Thai Kitchen: Skip this restaurant

by kyoub Written May 23, 2005

We read great reviews on this Thai restaurant and could hardly wait to try it for ourselves.
    They have a lunch buffet and we had hoped to get there for that but it didn't work out so we went early evening.
    The decor appeared to be Thai but the food tasted more like chinese.
    It was very expensive for a non-impressive dinner.
    The service was good but the food was a big disappointment.

Tofu

Michelino's: Another River Walk Restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 9, 2008

Michelino's location is excellent--it's along the River Walk; has indoor and outdoor weather-protected dining and is conveniently situated. However, the evening we chose to dine there was a little disappointing.

Before I mention anymore, though, I have to say our waiter was pleasant and the atmosphere warm and congenial. Through the window, lights glimmered in the rain. Inside, red poinsettias brightened the room, while a mariachi band strolled from table to table asking for requests. (See picture #2, please)

We began our meal with a delicious appetizer: seafood and ricotta stuffed mushrooms ($7.99) After a moment of indecision, I ordered the grilled pork tenderloin with green beans and carrots and garlic potatoes ($17.99).

Unfortunately, both of our entrees came to the table lukewarm. When we mentioned the problem, our waiter whisked our plates away and brought them back in no time at all, but by then my pork was...what's the word...chewy.

My experience was probably an isolated one, so I would give this restaurant a chance to serve up a nicely cooked, hot meal.

Michelino's
    • Seniors

Schilo's: German Delights!

by rsleisk Updated Aug 2, 2006

Located downtown Schilo's offers some great German food since 1917. The restaurant is locally famous for its deli sandwiches like the Rueben but there is also the German sausages to satisfy your hunger.

They have a good selection of local and import German beers. The also have their own homebrew of Rootbeer which is quite tasty!

Favorite Dish: It's all good!

A downtown tradition.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Hooters: Good Food Great Waitresses

by Basaic Written Mar 18, 2010

Hooters is famous for their wings and their cute women in bright orange short shorts and Hooters T-shirts. I love their wings, their clam chowder and their chili. Gotta love the staff too. Friendly!

Favorite Dish: They have great clam chowder, spiced just right.

Hooters Rivercenter Mall Amber Ashley, Amber and I Ivette, Symphony and I

BENIHANA: Wow!

by Yaqui Updated Oct 26, 2006

I was invited to eat with some classmates here and since it wasn't far from my hotel, I said why not. I was thoroughly impressed with the surroundings and service. The food was excellent and enjoyed the mini performance by the Chef. It is always a pleasure to be able to sit with strangers like they are not strangers. Everyone here was helpful and friendly. I recommend everyone try one out!

HOURS:
    Sat 11:30AM-11:00PM
    Sun 11:30AM-10:00PM
    Lunch: Closed
    Dinner: $14.95-$35.95

Favorite Dish: I had the typical rice, vegetable with chicken dinner, but they give you plenty to eat and it’s was all very delicious!

• rsleisk's Profile Photo

Rosario's: Eclectic Mexican Cuisine!

by rsleisk Updated Aug 2, 2006

Rosario's is a very lively, artsy place bursting with color from the many local artists' paintings that adorn the walls.

There is good size bar and Salsa dancing on Friday nights.

The food is excellent. Try the Posole soup. Posole is a Metizo Mexican Indian soup that is out of this world. Have Negro Modelo and order any enchilada plate from the menu, enjoy.

Favorite Dish: The Posole soup. Their enchiladas are excellent as well.

Great atmosphere! Posole soup!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Cha-Cha's House of Margaritas: Excellente'

by Yaqui Updated Oct 26, 2006

I was very tired from traveling, but very hungry too, so I stopped here on the way to my hotel. It was not croweded at all and I sat at a table that had a patio cover with it decorated in loads of flowers. Each table in the room was covered in this fashion, which gave you lots of privacy. The had other rooms with regular tables also. Yet, you have to sit at the covered ones:-)

Favorite Dish: I had the Beef Fijitas that were very delicous. They give you plenty and the price was very reasonable too. so check it out if your in the area.

Great Buffalo Wings: BuckHorn Saloon and Musuem

by Yaqui Written Oct 26, 2006

I have this as something to see and do because of the musuem, but you have to try out there buffalo wings, which were very yummy and a nice cold glass of ice tea is nice. Lots of tables to sit at, it was clean, good price and tons of things to gaze around at.

Favorite Dish: Buffalo Wings.....yummy!

• doug48's Profile Photo

schilo's: german

by doug48 Written Mar 8, 2008

schilo's is a historic delicatessen located in downtown san antonio. schilo's is located in a 1917 building that was once a saloon. schilo's opened it's delicatessen in 1945. schilo's offers a wide selection of german food moderately priced. a very interesting place to visit when in san antonio.

schilo's deli
    • Architecture

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Dick's: Attitude Served Here.......LOL!

by Yaqui Updated Oct 26, 2006

I got a kick out of this place because the waiters and waitresses like to mess with you, so be prepared and just have a sense of humor ok:-). I didn't really eat here, but instead had a huge glass of ice tea since it was rathers warm then. Yet, the food they kept bring out looked and smelled really yummy, but I was saving myself for a simi formal dinner down the walk. Sorry Dick's:-p. I sat on a bench table along the Riverwalk and enjoyed the view while enjoying my ice tea. Oh, there is pleanty of sitting inside also.

Very comfortable outside:-) Ha!

• rsleisk's Profile Photo

Rudy's Barbeque: When in Texas...

by rsleisk Updated Aug 2, 2006

When in Texas you have to eat some barbeque and there is no better place to eat it at then the relaxed atmosphere of Rudy's. Their barbeque sauce is the best as far as I'm concerned.

In Texas we have this barbeque favorite called Brisket, which other areas of the USA seem to not know about as I recall a trip to Georgia.

At Rudy's you order by the ounces like at a deli or a butcher. You can even fill up your gas tank at the restaurant after eating of course.

Favorite Dish: Brisket and peach cobbler.

A must EAT Texas activity

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Value Place Zarzamora
Hotel Havana

Instant Answers: San Antonio

Comments

San Antonio Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and San Antonio locals.
Map of San Antonio