Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery, San Antonio

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 9 Reviews

218 Produce Row, San Antonio (Market Square)

I'm ready for another margarita...
    Now that is what I call Decorations
    The Bar
  • Mi Tierra's Bakery and Cafe: Far better, far cheaper Mexican restaurants

by DixiePixie Written Jul 5, 2010

The only real reason I can think of to choose Mi Tierra's over other local Mexican restaurants is if you get a hankering for Mexican food at 2 AM, or if there is some reason you absolutely positively cannot leave downtown. The food is okay, but San Antonio has so many cheap Mexican restaurants that if good Mexican (or Tex-Mex) food is what you're looking for, all you have to do is go out Commerce St. to far better restaurants for a far cheaper price.

If ambience is what you're looking for, well, okay, I guess, but I can still think of several others I'd go to first.

• Mi Tierra Cafe: Not all that.

by roadtrip101 Written Jun 30, 2009

Family of 4 that included young boys-- The atmosphere was fun and we enjoyed the music; however, the food was just 'ok'. We ordered the fajitas for two and there wasn't much food on the plate and they were fairly bland. We had two well drinks from the bar and 2 kids meals. We were really surprised by the $70.00 ticket. Maybe we didn't know "what" to order and the locals know the ins & outs. Either way, we wouldn't go back. Oh, and let's not forget the $8 polaroid picture they want you to buy.

• spgood301's Profile Photo

Mi Tierra Cafe y Panderia: Mexican Food, 24 Hours a Day!

by spgood301 Written Dec 26, 2008

Mi Tierra was recommended to me by my hotel concierge after I'd just arrived in town...and for that I'm very thankful! It's a big, beautiful restaurant with delicious Mexican cuisine and yummy margaritas, a big beautiful bar too. And don't forget the strolling mariachis, and other musicians! And yes, it's open 24 hours a day - stop by for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or an after-hours snack.

Opened in 1941, Mi Tierra is a San Antonio landmark. It's not to be missed.

Favorite Dish: I had a variety of Mexican food from the appetiser menu, all delicious. And their margaritas are real good too...they also have a wide variety of beers. I had a bottle of Carta Blanca after my margarita - I was a happy boy!

• starrlot's Profile Photo

Mi Tierra Restaurant and Bakery: A Must Visit When in San Antonio

by starrlot Written May 23, 2008

Every single time we visit San Antonio, the first restaurant we visit is Mi Tierra. The atmosphere is festive and addictive. You cannot help but want to speak Spanish when you leave.

The menu is massive with authentic Mexican dishes. The desserts are sinful and divine. Definitely try the milanesa, a fried steak that is heaven. Top it off with their top shelf margarita.

Favorite Dish: Milanesa and sopapillas

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: Authentic Mexican

by Stellaluna Written Apr 20, 2006

Jumbo Margaritas!!

Mi Tierra is a marvelous Mexican restaurant in El Mercado. There is a fabulous bakery inside of the restaurant. Be sure to get the jumbo margaritas. Mi Tierra was established in 1951 and is open 24 hours a day.

Favorite Dish: Order anything and you will be pleased.

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: As good as its reputation!!

by basstbn Written Jan 23, 2006

I look

I regret waiting so long to enter my thoughts on VT, for now I have forgotten exactly what we had to eat at this restaurant. However, I do remember remarking at the time what wonderful meals we had and that the service was superb. I have since recommended this restaurant to several others headed to San Antonio and would the same to my VT friends.

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Mi Tierra Café Y Panaderia: Lunch in Market Square

by KimberlyAnn Updated Jul 25, 2005

Mi Tierra Caf�� Y Panaderia

In Market Square we had lunch at Mi Tierra Café Y Panaderia. Here we ate a nice Mexican meal and listened to traditional Inka music being played on the street near-by. The decorations were festive in the Mexican tradition.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: The Bakery Side

by keeweechic Updated Aug 15, 2003

Be sure to visit the bakery even if you are eating in the cafe part of this restaurant to see all they have to offer.

They offer a stunning selection of over 50 varieties of Mexican candies and sweet rolls. Just take a look at this website for a mouth watering look into some of their goodies.

Bakery Selection

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: Lots to Put On Weight With

by keeweechic Updated Aug 14, 2003

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery is a great Mexican restaurant and very popular too. A very colourful place right in the Market Square. Good choice of menu and breakfast 24hours. Very good service.

It has it's own bakery which was very popular (see photo in Market t'logue).

Favorite Dish: Well I have to admit that I wasn't hungry the day we stopped for lunch. It was really hot outside and I was more thirsty. I searched the menu for just a cool desert and in the end they accommodated me with a big bowl of vanilla ice cream.. yes I know.. but I wasn't hungry. However I did have a couple of bite samples of a very delicious quesadillas meal which was a huge meal. Service was excellent.

Instant Answers: San Antonio

Comments

Hotels Near Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery
3.5 out of 5 stars