First United Methodist Church, San Marcos
First United Methodist Church is a Victorian Gothic styled church was completed in 1893 and has been serving congregations since that time. In 1939, 20 stained glass windows were added as memorials to the early builders. There is an 1872 bell in the four-story bell tower which had previously hung at Fort Hawkins, Georgia in 1796 and is the oldest historic artefact in San Marcos. This was the first church organised in Hays County and the church has a close link with the heritage and founders of the city.