Hays County Courthouse, San Marcos
This is one of the major piece of architecture in San Marcos.
The Hays County was created in 1848 and named in honor of Capt. Jack C. Hays, a noted Indian fighter and Texas Ranger.
Restored to its original style, this buildings typify the Central Texas Courthouse Square.
Hays County Courthouse was built in 1909 and was placed on the National Register of Historic places in 1992. It has been restored to its original style with copper dome and mosaic rotunda tiles.