San Saba Favorites

• Favorites
    by jenna24

Most Recent Favorites in San Saba

by jenna24 Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: An interesting tidbit about my family. The picture is a photo of the famous outlaws Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker , known to you as Bonnie&Clyde. They were stranded once on a deserted street in San Saba, my Great father came upon them, changed their tire, shared a sandwhich and they gave him a hundred dollar bill. He always told me that they were the nicest people he ever met and he cried the day he heard they were killed.

by jenna24 Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: Sion Bostick - I wish I had a photo to show you but sadly I do not and cannot find one. Sion was a great heroe of my family and my great great grandfather. He was a soldier who helped capture Santa Ana so many years ago. To this day you can see a big memorial to Sion in the San Saba Cemetery. For more information including an account in his words of the capture visit this web site. Sion Bostick

by jenna24 Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: This isn't what I would say is a fond memory but it doesn't fall into the must see category either. Aside is a photo of a man by the name of 'Black Jack' Ketchum. He was a outlaw in the late 1800's-early 1900's. He commited a variety of robberies throughout the south and even rode with a few members of the Wild Bunch. He was even a member of my family, I say forgive and forget don't you?

If you would like more information on Black Jack visit this web site and hear the horrid tale of how he met his maker!
    'Black Jack' Ketchum

by jenna24 Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of San Saba is my aunt Frances Fried Chicken, which to this day is the best I have ever had, and something she took with her to her grave.

Second is the smell of Pecans in the air. There is nothing as fragrant as the smell of wet pecan shells.

Instant Answers: San Saba

Comments

San Saba Favorites

Reviews and photos of San Saba favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Saba sightseeing.