Schertz Travel Guide

Schertz Things to Do

Rhinos

by rsleisk Updated Nov 19, 2004

The Ranch is home to over 50 species some endangered. The animals roam freely
    throughout the park. A great adventure for the whole family.

From the website:

Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch is nestled at the edge of the scenic Texas Hill Country. Animals from six of the seven continents find their home away from home on this beautiful 400 acre ranch. The drive thru is divided into four pastures and a walking safari area. The four pastures each have unique landscapes, so the animals are placed in the areas most closely resembling their natural habitats.

Drive through the 4 ½ miles, adventuring past a trio of white rhinos, a herd of eland antelope, a flock of rheas, and the many other species that roam the Hill Country land of Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch.

• Theme Park Trips
    • Zoo

Natural Bridge Caverns

by rsleisk Updated Nov 18, 2004

Texas' largest natural caverns and a great place to go for the whole family. You stroll amongst the stalagmites and you can take a tour and see the vital role the aquifer has supplying water for the area.

Adults $15 up to $25
    Children $9 up to $14.50

Open all year round from 9 am to 4 pm and till 7pm in the Summer.

• Eco-Tourism

• Schertz Hotels

5 Hotels in Schertz

87 Reviews and Opinions

Schertz Hotels

Schertz Restaurants

• by ted&cindy Written Jun 24, 2007

I was test driving a car and found this tearoom/restaurant/store. My husband and I stopped in to see what it was all about and returned (after buying the car..Civic...great little car) for lunch. The prices were so fair that I left thinking they should have charged more! Really. The food was delicious and the servings were huge. I had homemade tomato/basil soup (great for vegetarians) and a salmon (not smoked) w/cucumber sandwich on ww bread. Salad and veggie PLUS a huge scone w/strawberry jam and cream (the real stuff) and a pot of tea for 8.95. My husband had cottage pie and loads of vegetables. I thought he wouldn't be pleased that I was taking him someplace I thought might be delicate/dainty but he was happy. He loved his meal. The staff was friendly and nice. We live in Austin (over an hour's drive each way) and I thought we wouldn't get down that way too often but lo and behold my son has a job in San Antonio which means we can stop in before or after each visit with him. Please try this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Scones w/jam and cream. That's a real treat!

• rsleisk's Profile Photo
    Heart-attack on a plate! Yum!

by rsleisk Updated Jul 21, 2005

Abel's Diner offers good home-cooked style food at low mom-and-pop prices. The restaurant is quite small making seating a little tricky.

I would try to get there early but if you have to wait it is well worth it. There are daily specials and great deserts.

Favorite Dish: I like the Chicken-Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. They offer a Pork-Chop dish that is very tasty as well.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Schertz? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Schertz Sports & Outdoors

Retama Races!

by rsleisk Written Nov 18, 2004

Come and try your luck on the horses! A fun place to spend money. I got lucky the first and last time I went here and won a $300 trifecta. I walked away after that.

• Business Travel
    • Horse Riding

Instant Answers: Schertz

Comments

Schertz Travel Guide
Map of Schertz