Seabrook Travel Guide

Seabrook Hotels

Seabrook Restaurants

• texaspine's Profile Photo

by texaspine Written Aug 15, 2005

Tookie's is the coolest mom-and-pop burger joint around though I hear they used to be better in the old days. The food takes me back to my childhood days of driving down to the "Glass Kitchen" in Laredo with my mom to pick up greasy burgers wrapped in white paper. Juicy (read:greasy) burgers, fries, onion rings, pitcher of Coke. To be honest, I've never tried a Tookie's regular cheeseburger. What for? The best part of Tookie's is their menu of specialty burgers. The restaurant itself is pretty cool on the inside, and although the service is not that great, we've never had a major problem.

Favorite Dish: I always have the #99, which is a cheeseburger that's marinated in wine before cooking. It's an acquired taste, but oh so delicious once you're hooked. My husband loves the Bean Burger, which comes with Frito's, refried beans, and salsa picante on the patty (which, when you think about it, is really a combination that is meant to be). We always ask for wheat buns.

• texaspine's Profile Photo

by texaspine Written Aug 15, 2005

Neptune is a local favorite that serves delicious subs, soups, and baked potatoes. It's a small quirky (read: beatnik) place alongside the railroad tracks and Highway 146. Every 1st Monday is "Bald Monday" and you get special discounts at Neptune on Mondays if you're bald or balding (motto: the more you shine, the cheaper you dine). They don't stay open very late, but they do deliver within the area if you're not in the mood to go fetch. Subs are especially handy if you're a boater. Grab one or two to take with.

Favorite Dish: My favorite's the tuna salad, but turkey sub's good too. My hubby loves overstuffed baked potatoes.

• Water Sports
    • Sailing and Boating

• Seabrook Hotels

11 Hotels in Seabrook

Instant Answers: Seabrook

Comments

Seabrook Travel Guide
Map of Seabrook