South Padre Island Restaurants

Don't be discouraged by the name!
    by TexasDave
  • Restaurants
    by lisa85202
  • Restaurants
    by lisa85202

Best Rated Restaurants in South Padre Island

NEW WAVE - sign says International Buffet: don't make our mistake

by ctietbohl Written Mar 3, 2008

My wife and I went to Brownsville, TX to do some sightseeing. We looked for a place to eat that was pretty crowded because we find if a lot of people eat there it must be good. Bad Mistake this time. This place had the worst food we ate on our trip. It is buffet style dining. My wife had diarrhea soon after leaving the restaurant. I had only one plate, and tried to pick only hot food, so I had no ill effects. Two buffets $14.05. without drinks

Marcello's Italian Restaurant: excellent food, poor service

by ctietbohl Written Mar 3, 2008

Our first clue that the service was not going to be good was when the maitre d' seated us and said that he would bring us menus but didn't. Our waiter brought us water and asked us if we wanted to see the wine list. We said no, so he asked us if we were ready to order. It was then that he noticed we had no menus. After he brought us the menus and we ordered Steak and Shrimp for my wife and Fried Shrimp for myself, he asked what we wanted to drink and my wife said the water was fine and I ordered iced tea. After eating our salads, which were very good, I again asked for Iced tea, which was eventually brought. My wife's steak was cooked correctly, medium well, and her shrimp were excellent, but the veggies were cooked al dente. That's French for raw but warm. My fried shrimp were a little tough, but tasted great. My spaghetti with marinara sauce was very good and the bread was very good, also. My wife never got a refill on her water, so she had to drink mine. The total for the meal was $30.20.

Dirty Al's: Cheap decor, good food

by ctietbohl Updated Mar 3, 2008

My wife and I were definitely Not impressed with the decor in this place. But, we certainly enjoyed the food. Cheap tables and chairs, loud and crowded is how I would describe this place. But, I ordered Med. Shrimp & Oyster Basket and substituted Onion rings for the fries. My wife ordered the Large Fried Shrimp Basket, and we both got Iced Tea. We really liked the food here. But, the food came in baskets and there was no silverware. Drinks were included. I really liked the Onion Rings and we both loved the Shrimp. Total cost $22.53.

• Rovan's: Rovan's LIVE COCKROACH

by tysonwhipple Written Apr 1, 2005

Me and my wife read a review on Rovan's and it seemed very nice. See we went there for breakfast, hoping for a warm meal and great local service. As soon as we walked in the door there seemed to be a uncomfortable amotsphere. We ordered and when our food was about to come out my wife unrapped her knife and fork only to find a live cockroach staring back at us. I brought this to the attention of the establishment and there was no apology, nothing. Very unprofessional. Our waiter made us feel very uncomfortable about it and right away we knew this wasnt a place we were EVER going to come back to or recommend. Overall it was terrible service and a filthy establishment.

Favorite Dish: We couldnt eat due to the fact that it was too filthy.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Kohnami: Japanese at the Beach!

by TexasDave Updated Feb 17, 2006

Typical Japanese sushi and steakhouse.

Favorite Dish: Teppan-yaki, where the meal is cooked right in front of your table.

• rsleisk's Profile Photo

BLACKBEARD'S RESTAURANT: Really good food!

by rsleisk Updated Apr 4, 2011

Old blackbeard himself!

The food here was really good. they have just about all kinds of food, plenty of choices (American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Seafood).

Favorite Dish: Definitely the chicken fried chicken, with mash taters!!!

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: South Padre Island

Comments

South Padre Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of South Padre Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for South Padre Island sightseeing.

View all South Padre Island hotels