Southlake Restaurants

A Nod to the Pope

Most Recent Restaurants in Southlake

ANAMIA'S: Tex-Mex In Style

Anamias

If you have the yen for Tex-Mex and you want to add a bit of atmosphere to your dining, try Anamia's. This restaurant is not a fast food establishment, but instead is a bit more sophisticated.

Upon entering we noticed large planters bearing lush greenery, wrought iron embellishments and stone and stuccoed walls.

It was lunchtime and I tend to order the same meal often--this was no different. I chose a chicken quesadilla, which came in two sizes: half size ($4.95) or a whole tortilla. My husband chose a chicken fajita ($10.99). We were both satisfied with our choices.

I've enjoyed the same entree at other restaurants that were just as good, but the decor and feel to this place added a distinct atmosphere, so we'll most likely return.

Favorite Dish: Chicken quesadella--pretty tasty!

Milwaukee Joe's: Perfect for Ice Cream

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 26, 2008

It was a hot summer evening when someone suggested stopping by Milwaukee Joe's for ice cream. Each day a different flavor is highlighted--their list of flavors is extensive!

Just listen to some of the flavors: Iced Nirvana, Cinnamon Streusel Crumb Cake, Birthday Cake, Baileys Irish Cream, Mocha Me Baby and Butterfinger Cheesecake...just to name some.

I indulged in a vanilla frozen yogurt cone that was creamy and flavorful. The rest of the gang ordered their favorites and pronounced Milwaukee Joe's their place for ice cream. I promised myself that on the next visit, I'd try my all time favorite: chocolate chip cookie dough. AND I DID!

The outdoor seating area is encircled by a wrought iron railing--a great idea for children who might stray too close to the street which runs right along the sidewalk.

Hours are Mon.-Sat. 11am-10pm; Sun.12Noon-10 pm.

Favorite Dish: They have interesting flavors like Disco Live and Just Java, as well as traditional flavors.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake and more...

Cheesecake Factory Rntrance

The Cheesecake Factor has a great reputation for delectable desserts, but the entrees are delicious, too. It's located in Southlake Town Center and is jam-packed on the weekends. You'll find 40 different cheesecakes, 35 entrees, 14 salads and 25 appetizers!

The decor is Mediterranean with warm washed walls, unique lighting and murals on the ceiling. There are two dining areas, a bakery counter featuring those great cheesecakes and a long bar with counter or table seating.

The cheesecakes are fairly pricey, but you are paying for an incredibly delicious dessert!

I love the atmosphere here--it's worth the wait! Hours are Mon.-Thur.11am-11pm; Fri.Sat. 11am-12:30 pm; Sun. 10am-11pm.

Favorite Dish: Their chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables was very good. Any type of cheesecake for dessert would suit me fine!

Brio: Dining With An Italian Flair

BRIO

Given a choice of restaurants, we most likely would select Italian. Brio had wonderful dinner entrees on the menu, but our first visit was for brunch.

Their Bellini brunch offered French Toast stuffed with melted cream cheese and topped with strawberries. Our waitress suggested a "bocci ball" to accompany our meal--orange juice mildly flavored with amaretto, which was delicious and not overpowering. A side order of crispy bacon completed our order.

Brio is a popular restaurant located in Southlake's Town Center. It's decor is Old World, with warm gold-washed walls, striped chair covers and murals of the Italian countryside. The service was excellent, in spite of the full dining area. We will definitely return to enjoy another meal here.

Hours are Sun.-Thur. 11am-10pm; Fri.-Sat. 11am-11pm.

Favorite Dish: The entrees are looked inviting and the breakfast brunch was delicious!

• Women's Travel

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Mi Cocina: Looking for great Mexican food?

Mi Cocina

We stopped by Mi Cocina for lunch one day in our wanderings around Southlake, Texas. It's a colorful, contemporary Mexican restaurant located in trendy Southlake Town Center.

I had my favorite lunchtime meal, a quesadilla, enjoying it tremendously. Judging from the crowd, alot of other people relish the thought of eating here, also.

You'll find additonal entrees such as Mama's Tacos--a beef or chicken taco on corn or flour tortillas with rice, avocado and tomato slices or chicken and cheese enchiladas.

Clocks decorated the wall in one corner of the restaurant, announcing the time in four different countries. There are two dining levels.

The atmosphere was fun and filled with noisy chatter. Since we were looking for homes with a realtor at the time, we appreciated the quick service and hearty food. Our stomachs needed to be decently filled for a long day of house hunting!

Hours are Sun.-Thur.11am-9:30 pm; Fri.-Sat. 12Noon-10pm.

Favorite Dish: Quesadilla--my favorite lunch time choice; chicken enchilada--my choice for a return visit!

Cafe Express: Fresh, Homemade Foods

Cafe Express-Southlake Town Center

If you appreciate fresh, homemade dishes you'll love Cafe Express. We discovered it while house hunting in the Southlake area of Texas.

Enjoy dishes like Spinach and Penne Pasta ($6.49) or Cup of soup, petite sandwich and side salad with beverage ($7.49)--that's what I had and it was perfect for a quick, but delicious lunch.

Wine is also available, as well as, domestic or imported beer. If you need a pick-me-up try the Cappuccino, Espresso or Cafe Latte selection of coffees.

The interior of the restaurant is colorful and accented with large floor to ceiling windows. Service was efficient and friendly. Outside dining was available under umbrella tables. I'd recommend stopping at Cafe express anytime! Hours are Mon.-Sun. 11am-10pm

Favorite Dish: It's homemade and fresh-so I'd say anything would be delectable

Dragonberries: Go Dragons!

Dragonberries

This cheery eatery serves your choice of smoothies or frozen yogurt. It's in Carroll High School Dragon's territory, hence the name--Dragonberries.

We weren't in the mood for smoothies, so we selected frozen strawberry yogurt in a waffle cone. There weren't many choices of frozen yogurt, but there were a nice assortment of toppings!

We cozied up on a comfortable sofa in front of a large screen tv and enjoyed our snack. Friendly faces, pleasant atmosphere and reasonable prices...this makes Dragonberries a place one can return to time and again.

Instant Answers: Southlake

Comments

Southlake Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Southlake restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Southlake sightseeing.