Spring Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Spring

Willowbrook Mall: Local Mall

by msbrandysue Updated Apr 4, 2011

LOTS of Traffic on 1960 turning into area

Willowbrook Mall has come a long ways in the last decade. They are putting new stores in all the time. They have a good food court. You're going to run into a bunch of well-off teenages here that are not always respectful but if you're looking for a fun place to hang out this might be for you.

Mall Hours
    Monday-Saturday: 10:00am-9:00pm
    Sunday: 11:00am-7:00pm
    Store hours vary, please call ahead.

***If you're looking for a GREAT mall you need to check out the Woodlands Mall about 30 minutes from this one.

What to buy: You can find anything here...

What to pay: Pay the usual for stores

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Home Sweet Home Etc.: Coffee Shop??

by msbrandysue Written May 6, 2009

I saw the ad for this place in the Old Town Spring magazine put out by the visitors center. As soon as you drive into OTS you will see it on the right. I decided to stop in on a Tuesday because there was close parking and I could always use some coffee.

The shop, itself, some crafty things. You know the coffee cups with silly sayings on them and Willow Tree Angels. There are some cute things to look at but nothing that I felt worth buying.

They had a huge selection of coffee beans but not really much coffee. I'm not sure if they would ground them for you. They had a big sign of coffee specials so I chose a white chocolate cappaccino because it sounded good. To my BIGGEST disappointment he actually got it from one of those stupid box machines. It was the same thing as the Vanilla Cappaccinos at the gas station...no joke. And he charged me $3 for a small!!

However, they did have a fun little couch and two wicker chairs set up to enjoy the coffee. It started to rain so I just sat down for a quick bit and enjoyed the brochures they had on their table. It began to rain and it was a nice little moment.

The couple who owns this place were very welcoming. I had a good conversation with the husband and he's who made (pressed the button) for the coffee. He was so sweet and I felt bad not purchasing anything but I really looked for something and couldn't find anything.

What to buy: Collectable figurines

What to pay: Nothing under $20

Old Town Spring: Antique and Craft Focused Shops

by msbrandysue Updated Mar 29, 2009

The old town of Spring, Texas is still alive with the old houses turned into quaint shops and specialty stores. The prices are quite high but it's especially fun around Christmas time to see the place decorated and hopping with busy shoppers. I like to go on quiet weekends to visit the local businesses and shop for one-of-a-kind gifts.

Old Town Spring offers restaurants, eateries, wine tastings, and more. So you can visit even if your pocket book is not very deep. The last two times I've spent three dollars total on a quick drink.

The streets are very packed so be careful. I would highly recommend the parking on the left of the shops. Take the right fork on the road and turn right at the first intersection. You'll see it on the right. That's the only place to park during their wine, crawfish, and Christmas festivals. During those times you might be charged to something like $3-5 to park but on off weekends I've never had to pay for parking. You can also try parking on the street if you're good at parrallel parking.

I enjoy the shop owners more than I do the merchandise. They are usually very friendly and helpful. It makes it hard to walk out empty handed though...

Old Town Spring also has two bathroom facilities. One up by the front of the area and another towards the parking area. They are not port-a-potties!! I hate those things...

What to buy: They have really cute items such as Texas memoriabilia, women's clothing, and figurines.

What to pay: Prices are more expensive than the mall but I don't go to spend a bunch of money. It's more the window shopping and experience

Half Price Books: Cheap Books

by msbrandysue Updated Dec 31, 2008

Half Price Books is a chain of used books. Some people buy here and some people sell their books here. I love this place. The books are in good quality or they don't buy them from others.

You know how so many people hunt for diamonds or gold or buried treasure in the ocean? Well, I hunt for books! I can spend hours in here on the floor looking for buried treasures of my own and no one will bug you...other than other customers trying to find those treasures before you.

I like the later hours too....
    Store Hours
    Monday - Thursday 9 a.m.- 10 p.m.
    Friday - Saturday 9 a.m.- 11 p.m.
    Sunday 10 a.m.- 8 p.m

Also, this company does a lot of literacy outreach with adult and children literacy work. They also give out free boxes of books to teachers at the beginning of the school year. I like when I'm contributing to a generous company....

There are a bunch in the area so check the website for one closer to where you are!

What to buy: Books...

Be sure to check the clearance area before purchasing other items as you might find what you're looking for cheaper.

They also have a good selection of VHS, audiobooks, and DVDs.

What to pay: Half the printed cost on the book or lower if on clearance

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

DSW Shoes: The Biggest Discounts on Brand Name Shoes!

by Jmill42 Written Nov 29, 2002

Alright, I admit it. I love shoe shopping! It is partly because o this shop. It is this huge store with 30 plus rows of womens shoes and another 10 us guys. Pretty unfair, I think! Anyway, brands like Kenneth Cole, Nike New Balance, Bostonian, etc. all are here, and HUGELY discounted! I mean BIG savings! Sometimes up to 75% off from department store prices. A must visit for anyone in need of some new duds.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

General Woodlands Shopping.: These Bags are Getting Heavy!

by Jmill42 Written Nov 29, 2002

As I said before, they make this place look great. Even the small shopping centers have fountains like this...

Instant Answers: Spring

Comments

Spring Shopping

Reviews and photos of Spring shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Spring sightseeing.