Civil War Museum (Don't Fall For It!), Spring

200 Noble 281-528-9911

• The Curve of Places...where's 200 Noble??
    The Curve of Places...where's 200...
    The Mistaken Museum
    by msbrandysue
  • Civil War Museum (Don't Fall For It!)
  • msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Civil War Museum (Don't Fall For It!)

by msbrandysue Updated May 3, 2009

Hysterical Event:

So, I took off a day of work because I hadn't done any exploring for a while and wanted to do something simple. I planned a short visit to Old Town Spring but, unfortunately, the weather was not on my side. As I dragged myself out of the house I decided to do three things: visit the visitors center, the Civil War Museum, and then get some coffee at one of the coffee houses.

I had a somewhat successful journey to the visitors center (see above). Then, I set out with my Old Town Spring magazine to find the Civil War Museum. Now, the streets are very small. Most of the shopping is done on foot but as it was Tuesday, no one was around, and it was starting to rain so I was seeking to park right by the museum.

I think I circled Old Town Spring....five times? Desperately trying to find this place, I finally park on the side of the road, in grass, and go on foot. The address says 200-6 Noble. Inside the magazine it simply says "200 NOBLE." I'm at the beginning of the street and there are no numbers ANYWHERE. If you look at the pictures you see there's like a little bend of shops so I go into the first one. There's a sign on the door saying that the place is moving to Louetta and (which is far away from Old Town Spring) and that they should be up and running in a few months. I figure that they are doing a booming business and think to look them up in a few months. Well, as I'm reading this sign (that has no word of Civil War Museum) a lady from inside the house comes out and I try to confirm that this was the Museum....

Ohhhh NO. This was a clothing shop. She then points to this small house (about as big as my closet) at the end of the curve/bend. WTF, I'm thinking... So I bravely walk into the place. There is so much CRAP everywhere you can hardly walk around. Some of the stuff might be authentic, but the emphasis is on MIGHT. It's definitely not a museum...but it gets better.

There is a woman working on a computer and is very friendly. Really, the place is so small we could hear each other breathing. However, she struck up a conversation and I told her I was a teacher. We talked for a few minutes then she rolled away to a itty-bitty room (the bathroom I presumed) but the door was open. Then I hear zipping, so I'm thinking she's going to the bathroom. I hurry up and take a quick picture for all my VT friends and get the h-e-double hockey sticks outta there. But right as I'm stepping out the door she tells me to wait so she can give me her MARY KAY CARD!!! Hilarious.....I was just in awe. This poor lady probably doesn't make any money here and she's having to give her card out to the one person who walks in there a month. I mean she doesn't even have her cards ready so it can't be a busy place. I politely took her card and swallowed my fun tale of the Spring Civil War Museum.

THE END