Terlingua Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Terlingua

• Cowhead Ranch in Big Bend country

by swisshamlet Updated Nov 17, 2008

My family and I were just at the Cowhead Ranch a few weeks ago. It was such a memorable experience that we can still name all the doggies and the horses we rode by name. They've got hook-ups and stables for folks travelling with horses and RVs but for the regular folks who watched City Slickers a few too many times, they've got gentle horses like Pete and Barbarosa.Cowboy Chris and Rita along with Sonny and Bill showed us a mighty fine time. Cowboy Chris can sing AND make homemade biscuits over an open fire. Now THAT'S what I call luxury!!! And if that guitar and his voice flowing out over the campfire after dinner isn't enough to convert you to the cowboy life, the amazing view of the 9 points Mesa will. Now that I'm back home it's the place I go to in my heart on those days when nothing seems to work right. Now, if you're looking for a ranch-like hotel or B&B, this may not be for you. But if you want a real wild west experience, you'll feel right at home in the bunk house or having a drink in the saloon. The outhouse is modern and well- kept with none of those "outhousey" smells and the shower has the hottest water and the best water pressure for miles around. In the middle of the desert, you can really appreciate that! All in all, I can't wait to get back. Too bad we live thousands of miles away in Switzerland. But I've got a 4 year old that won't stop talking about the place so we'll have to start planning our return trip. Chris, y'all keep a light on fer us!!

• Farm Stay
    • National/State Park
    • Horse Riding

• rat123's Profile Photo

Dry Bean Cafe in Marathon (90...

by rat123 Written Oct 4, 2002

Dry Bean Cafe in Marathon (90 miles from Terlingua) Cowboy songs and poetry under the stars, eating from a chuck wagon.
    Also must see the Marfa Lights. Mysterious lights appear in the desert floor where nothing exists. Been spotted almost nightly for a hundred years.
    Also the beer-drinking goat in Lajitas.
    Dry Bean Cafe gives the area history, from bandidos to ranchers to tourism. Hospitality is pure Texan.

Marfa lights are a spectral mystery that will baffle you for weeks or months after your visit. They really aren't car lights!

Beer-drinking goat shows just how much time some folks have on their hands in these parts.

• There are some great place so...

by KenMore Written Feb 25, 2003

There are some great place so to hike in the Big Bend National Park. They have trails for beginners and for the more experienced hiker. The views are absolutley breath taking.

• Hiking and Walking

• I went rafting in Colorado...

by KenMore Written Oct 4, 2002

I went rafting in Colorado Canyon several years ago with my family. This is everyone getting ready early that morning. You can see my shadow at the bottom.

Instant Answers: Terlingua

Comments

Terlingua Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Terlingua things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Terlingua sightseeing.