Weatherford Shopping

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Homemade Peach Jam: Shopping at the PEACH FESTIVAL

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 20, 2007

'Tis mine!

As we wandered the streets trying to locate booths selling peach cobbler and homemade peach ice cream, we stumbled upon a table filled with homemade jams and jellies. At last, I would have something to take home from the festival.

I concentrated on locating a jar of homemade peach jam--however, it seemed there was none to be found. Yes, I saw peach strawberry and other multiple flavored jams, but where was the peach?

One of the ladies behind the counter helped me scan the labels to find what I wanted and ta-duh!--she held up a jar of homemade peach jam. "It's the last one", she reported. As she held the jar aloft, a hand reached out from the crowd and snared it. Someone was trying to make off with my jar of homemade peach jam!

After informing the lady that this jar had been singled out at my request, she reluctantly handed it over none too happily. The 'nearly lost' jam soon will be on its way to Pennsylvania, to sweeten my mother's breakfast toast.

What to buy: Try to attend the festival in the morning when the PEACH products are plentiful!

What to pay: A small amount

• Singles
    • Seniors

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Numerous Vendors at the Festival: Crafts and More

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 20, 2007

Vendors Galore!

People wanting to find unique crafts, jewelry or accessories for themselves or their home would surely find something at the festival. There were around 150 vendor booths set up expressly for this occasion.

The main streets were closed to traffic and converted to pedestrian-only walkways. The huge crowd could navigate freely from booth to booth without having to worry about cars passing by.

Although we tried our best to find the peach cobbler or homemade ice cream booths, we never did. Somehow we missed them in the throng of people. However, I did find the homemade peach jam...as mentioned in my previous tip.

• Singles
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Weatherford

Comments

Weatherford Shopping

Reviews and photos of Weatherford shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Weatherford sightseeing.