Wichita Falls Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Wichita Falls

• McBride'sThere are...

by bungalow Updated Aug 25, 2002

McBride's
    There are technically 3 to choose from (Fat's, Land & Cattle, and plain ol' McBride's) but as far as I'm concerned plain ol' on Seymour Highway is the real deal.

Favorite Dish: Great steak & seafood - pick whatever, it's all wonderful.

• mpingree's Profile Photo

There are too many to pick...

by mpingree Updated Jul 7, 2006

There are too many to pick just one. My favorites include Pioneer, Parkway Grill, Jalapeno Tree, On the Border, El Chico's, Scott's Drive In, Gene's, Ronnie's, Johnny Carinos, Cheddars, Ruby Tequila and Olive Garden. You will many chain restaurants as well as a lot of local eating places. They are all excellent and be sure and get your fill of Tex Mex when you're here.

Favorite Dish: You have to have BBQ (ribs, ham, brisket, sausage, etc.); fried catfish; Tex Mex; real breakfast burritos. And of course you have to have Chicken Fried Steak !!

• Suet's Profile Photo

China Star: Fantastic Chinese Food

by Suet Written Sep 21, 2009

After a week of eating fast food while travelling around the States for a month, I stumbled upon this gem of a place. This is an all you can eat buffet, starters, mains, veg and dessert. The dishes were stunning, so tasty I nearly cried! I went back only twice because the shrimp were to die for and the sticky honey chicken was delicious.

Fast food is fine once in a while, but a body really needs vegetables and something not fried! I was sick of fried chicken, burgers, hot dogs etc.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp in Ginger and Sticky Honey Chicken.

Cici"s Pizza: Best Pizza Anywhere

by jayshell00 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    pizza

Cici's is our Favorite restarant anywhere. And this one is a great one. It's an all you can eat Pizza Buffet, complete with salad, pasta, pizza and dessert. It's 3.99 each which is really a Pizza bargain The staff will bend over backwards to make you happy. By far the best Pizza in town.

Favorite Dish: Alfrado Pizza

Applebee's: Casual steak escape

Applebee's logo

I normally am not a big chain person, but this is a chain thats links really work. It always has a great atmosphere, Not to mention a great staff. The food is hot, fast and always tastes perfect. Did I mention that they have great salads as well as entree's.

Favorite Dish: Um I don't think there is anything on the menu I don't like.

Golden Corral: When one little dish won't do it

dessert

Golden Corral is quite the place to be after church or any night for that matter. It is a well known buffet chain that excels at fried chicken and mashed potatoes. They have some pretty good yeast rolls as well. And did i remember to mention the steak, and shrimp? Or that they have a breakfast bar on weekends? Trust me it's great!

Favorite Dish: The dessert bar is the best, and did I mention ice cream.

• jayshell00's Profile Photo

Bennigan's: A little touch of Luck...

bennigans napkin

Bennigans is the perfect way to unwind after a hard day on the AFB. Exspeciall y with their military discount. Its quite the Irish experiance. Who dosen't love a steakhouse with a shamrock theme. It's a good place to celabrate but also it has that casual feel too. And did I mention you should try somethings from the bar too.

On the Border: Mexican meets the mall

Mexican Food

While doing a little shopping be sure to stop in for a little mexican stop over. On the border is by far the best food in the mall. And ideal for dates as it is right next to the movie theater. They have a good menu, that includes appitizers and dessert. Be sure to try their salsa.

Los Tres Amigos: Mucho Mexican

Mexican Hat

My favorite mexican restarant in all of Texas is Los Tres Amigos on SouthWestern Blvd. They have the best food as it is authintic and did I mention Cheap! It is kinda off the main Mall strip so It is rarely packed, unlike other chains you don't have to sit and wait. They serve huge sodas and all you can eat chips and sodas. Not to mention empanatias. You can't vivit Texas and not eat Mexican...

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish it the taco salad, with fahita chicken and Jay goes for the enchalita dinner.

El Mejicano Restaurant: Something you don't see everyday, Mexican Buffet

by jayshell00 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Mexican restarant

No I am not kidding there really is a mexican buffet in Wichita Falls. It can be a bit pricey and you want to get there when dinner hits the bar. But it's a really good way to try several diffrent mexican dishes at once. They have like three kinds of enchalitas on the bar, as well as fahitas.And dessert as well.

Favorite Dish: My favorite thing is that on Friday and Saturday Nights they have a chidrens bar too.

• jayshell00's Profile Photo

Buffet City ....(I Think): Best Chinese Ever!!!!

Buffet

Of all the China Buffet I have ever eatten at, this one is by far the best. It has both a Mangolian BBQ and Sushi bar. It has several rows of hot and cold entree's, as well as a large fruit and dessert bar. We took my picky Grandmother for Vacation and laughed our heads off as she attempted to eat her first crawfish. Then she made us laugh till we cried with the king crab legs. When we left she said that it was by far the best time she ever had at a restarant. And I had to agree, but the fish fountain and etched glass would have been worth a look see even if the food didn't rock.

Favorite Dish: They didn't have anything bad on the entire bar.

PS The name might not be Buffet City anymore. It had just changed hands when I was there last.

Uncle Kais: Chinese Close to Base

chinese food

If you are in no mood to cross town from post then you gotta try Uncle Kais It's a small cozy buffet right outside the Sheppard Air Force base main gate.They have the best Crab rangoon in town too. They run a real god lunch bar for those of us on the go Did I mention that there are some awsome oragomi birds hanging from the ceiling.

Favorite Dish: Crab rangoon... and they have a great sesame chicken as well.

Don Jose's Mexican Restaurant: Don Jose's voted inconsistant

Mexican food

I would say that this restarant is inconsistant. See mom went here on a date and talked about how great it was. She loved the enchalatias. And she said the beer was pretty groovy too. She said it had a real mexican feel to it. My friend took me on my Birthday and I wasen't impressed really. The food was OK. And the service was pretty good too. But I guess I was just sold on Los Tres Amigos instead.

Favorite Dish: The tamalies were home made, and that is always a plus.

Chilis: Sometimes You just need some spice

Chili art work

Chilis is a good place for some casual cooking. They have a good aray of choices, that don't consist mostly of refried beans. It has some great appitizers too. And did i recommend the chicken? But if you don't catch the chillis here, don't worry its a big chain.

Favorite Dish: Try the blooming onion, but beware it's huge. One will be a meal for me.

• Casa Manana (downtown): Casa Manana (downtown)

by bungalow Written Aug 25, 2002

This is where Wichitans go for Mexican food. The exterior isn't much, the interior is scant more than that - but the food is amazing.

Favorite Dish: RED SOFT TACOS

Instant Answers: Wichita Falls

Comments

Wichita Falls Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wichita Falls restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wichita Falls sightseeing.

View all Wichita Falls hotels