Antelope Island Travel Guide

by smilyst9

Antelope Island Things to Do

• barrylee's Profile Photo

by barrylee Written Sep 23, 2011

For too many years to count I had wanted to swim in the Great Salt Lake. My chance came this year when my wife, Marlene and I visited Antelope Island, Utah. Being the largest island in the GSL it had overnight camping . We drove around the island and the photo ops were many. Buffalo roaming as well as deer and other wildlife. The next morning we walked out a ways and it was up to our waist and we just laid back and bobbed. I couldn't help but think, how theraputic is this. 26% salt compared to the oceans 3%. There were out door free showers and inside pay showers. A small concession store has your basic camping food .$ 13.00 for overnite camping and $ 9.00 for a day pass. We recomend it highly . The serenity is worth the trip.

Entry to Antelope State Park Relections in the calm salt water A long wade curly horns on this one Don
    • Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

• ladyanne's Profile Photo

by ladyanne Updated Apr 4, 2011

Just coming upon a herd of Bison grazing in the distance is an amazing thing to see. They are beautiful and one of the last things we have left to remember of the real Western culture and envirement. We also saw a cayote and great long footed jack rabbits. Many other animals can be seen on Antelope Island, including longhorn sheep and antelope. In the migrating months it is a bird watching paradise, the most important place in North America for migratory and nesting birds.

• National/State Park
    • Birdwatching

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

by Yaqui Written Oct 10, 2009

I never realized how much life the Salt Lakes provides! I actually thought it was a completely dead lake. Little did I know how much it provides for wildlife and the local communities a place to fish, camp, sailing, exploring and to enjoy the presteen beauty it offers. One of the other uniques aspects the salt lake has is that you will float like a cork because of the salt waters. I was afraid to try it out, but did venture out into the waters. If you use the Antelope Island camp facilities, they have picnic tables, restrooms and showers there.

www.stateparks.utah.gov
    www.davisareacvb.com

Instant Answers: Antelope Island

Comments

Antelope Island Travel Guide
Map of Antelope Island