Beaver Travel Guide

by WinInZion

Beaver Things to Do

• Beaver Sport & Pawn

by trynto Written Jul 14, 2003

Just looking at all the stuff. A Gun collecters paradise. Largest selection of guns in Utah. Other collectables, Sporting Goods and a whole lot more. Great atmosphere. Advice on any subject.

Beaver Hotels

Beaver Restaurants

• This is real Pizza - Not easy to find in...

We spent a few nights in Beaver and wanted something other than Mexican or fast food. We heard the pizza was pretty good at the place next to the theater on Main St. Well, the pizza is better than just good, it's really excellent.We were in there with friends from NJ when the girl asked where we were all from. Turns out her dad is the owner/chef...

• Mexican - Pretty good

We got this tip from a friend. The restaurant is located in a campground just East of Beaver. The place is in an old log cabin and is very rustic. In this case "rustic" is pleasant. Food was good, service was good and prices were reasonable. Near perfect for a small town.We were there over a holiday weekend and the place was hopping. Everyone...

• Only Adequate - Not Great

We went here from a recommendation on VT. The rec was several years old and things certainly change. The food was OK, decor interesting, owner a really nice guy. There are not a lot of places to eat in Beaver so this one sounded real promising. I honestly can't recommend it. Seemed pricey and quality was just not there. Best part was the free...

Beaver Transportation

• by Talshiarr Written Oct 4, 2002

By car is the only realistic way to get there. Greyhound does stop here, though, but I have no idea when or how much it costs.
    Beaver is small and is no problem to navigate. Main Street runs N/S, and the city is laid out grid fashion like most Utah towns.

Beaver Shopping

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

by WinInZion Written Jul 18, 2008

On our way out to the Frisco Ghost Town (another story) we saw a sign for this place. We stopped on the way home and discovered a small treasure. They make the cheese on site and my wife tells me the prices are very fair. I got some really "niipy" cheddar and it was excellent.

The best though is the ice cream. They don't make it there but WOW! Even if you're just passing Beaver on the interstate hop off and get a cone. Waffle, for sure.

Beaver Tourist Traps

• by Talshiarr Written Oct 4, 2002

Who knows. I doubt there are any, except maybe for frat boys looking for kitsch with 'Beaver' on it :-). I couldn't resist grabbing this pic of a truck stop in town. Where is Disney when you need them?

Beaver Favorites

• by Talshiarr Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit the Tushar mountains to the east. A drive up Highway 153 is spectacular.

Fondest memory: I was in Beaver on business a few days before posting this and had forgotten what a neat place this was. It's laid out along the east side of I-15 about 100 miles north of St. George, 200 miles south of Salt Lake City and makes a very convenient place to stop for the night if heading to Vegas from Salt Lake or vice-versa.

Instant Answers: Beaver

Comments

Explore Deeper into Beaver
Beaver Travel Guide