Bryce Canyon Travel Guide

Hoodoos and colors!
    by barrypanzer
    Bryce Canyon NP
    by MyHollyDay
    You two best be moving on!
    by barrypanzer

Bryce Canyon Things to Do

• DMcD's Profile Photo

by DMcD Written Jul 26, 2006

We arranged for our children to ride down into the canyon on a guided $40.-- 2 hour tour (also available for 4 hours). The guides were capable and the trail isn't nearly as scary as the Grand Canyon ride. The ride didn't get down into the best of the canyon but was fun and picturesque none the less (or so my children tell me). While on their ride, my wife and I went hiking down into the outragously beautiful canyon on one of several trails. We met people from all over the world (especially Europe--this region must be well publicized in European travel brochures). What a great place. We also stayed at the Bryce Canyon Lodge (only hotel within the park) at one of their adjacent well-maintained cabins (great place to stay) --and-- stayed another night camping at the "north" campground (also within the park and a great place to camp with nice view of the Milky Way).

Bryce Canyon Hotels

Bryce Canyon Restaurants

• Smruti's Profile Photo

by Smruti Written Dec 4, 2007

I am putting this review under Bryce Canyon because we ate at this homey place a day after we hiked into Bryce Canyon. During the day, we had hiked the 6 mile roundtrip to Lower Calf Creek Falls and it started raining on us as we made our way back to the trailhead. Since we were staying at Bryce Canyon, Escalante was on the way back, and I can say this place is amazing.. Georgie is from my hometown (San Jose, CA) and is funny, friendly and makes killer enchiladas! She's got all sorts of interesting artifacts and tchotkes in this little cafe--and don't forget to look up at the psychedelic painting on the ceiling!

Favorite Dish: Her enchiladas were amazing.

• DMcD's Profile Photo

by DMcD Updated Jul 26, 2006

This restaurant is within the Bryce Canyon Lodge and has terrific food with both local, and European recipes. Decent service. Average costs. Reservations needed in high season (usually just a few hours notice required).

Favorite Dish: Everything seemed well prepared and tasty.

• Bryce Canyon Hotels

4 Hotels in Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon Transportation

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

by mikehanneman Written Jul 29, 2005

It is a long way to the end of Bryce Canyon.

I drove (which I recommend) which provided more independence. Take the shuttle bus if you would like.

Pleanty of stops and over looks of the Canyon.

Nice views!

Wall Street from below
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Bryce Canyon

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM

10/11/2013: Utah National Parks to re-open!
    The state of Utah will provide the funds to reopen Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef and Zion national parks, Cedar Breaks and Natural Bridges national monuments and Glen Canyon National Recreation Area on Saturday 10/12 for at least 10 days. Additional days may be added if a federal budget resolution hasn't been reached by the end of that time.

Not yet clear if this applies to the lodges at Zion and Bryce but I'll update this notice as information becomes available.

Bryce Canyon Travel Guide