Kanab Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Kanab

Amici's: Italian food in Kanab

by filipdebont Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tutto Pizza

This restaurant was on walking distance from my motel.

It seemed to be a very popular place, as it was full, and more people entered after I was seated. There were extremely much Italians, it was all Italian I heard round my table, of course it is an Italian restaurant . . .

When I left I did see some big coaches near the big motel next to this restaurant, it must have been tourist busses with Italian tourists.

Service was good and quick

The food was great and plenty

Surely a place I would go back

Favorite Dish: Calamari fritti with komemade marinara sauce and lemon wedge - 9.45 US$

Tutto Pizza - pizza sauce, mozzarello, pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, roasted red onions, olives - 10 inch - 13.95 US$ (with extra ansjovies)

Grandma Tina's Cafe: Italian Flair

by BruceDunning Written Oct 25, 2009

Front entrance off street

Overall, it seems like they do not get a lot of customers, and are a bit intimidated when one shows up. The prices of the food was higher than it should be for the volume and being standard Italian food items. Spaghetti was $10-13 depending on what you had in it. Burgers were $9 and includes fries. Other sandwiches are $7-8

Favorite Dish: The calzone was what I got and it cost $9. It tasted okay, but could have been bigger for the price.

Big Al's: Old Time Drive-In

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 25, 2009

Menu Board by Counter

It beats having a high priced steak when you can load up on this quasi fast food at the drive-in. The menu items are covering all the needed basic food stuffs a for a drive-in. I ate inside, but maybe should have used the carport service for a thrill. The place looks like it is the same since the 1960's era, just younger help. The price was right to boot. It cost $6 for two burgers, fries and large malt.

Favorite Dish: The burgers were very good; not real greasy, but did have that "home made" taste. I had fries and a chocolate malt with them, and it made a great meal to savor.

• Photography

Rewind: Rewind the Food

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 24, 2009

Street Sign of Restaurant

It calls itself a diner, but also has a variety and eclectic menu list. What a variety they have.

Favorite Dish: I had the three cheese penne for $12.50. It was good and plentiful. They have a variety of Italian, SAndwiches, hoagies, salads and roadhouse type burgers. All the prices are on the higher end, but then it takes a lot to get food to the remote areas.

HOuston's Resaurant: Local American for Basic Food

by BruceDunning Written Oct 24, 2009

Sign on the Street

It must be the most popular place in town for locals and the tourists are also tipped off as to the good food and fast service. They flocked in here at 8AM and kept coming. It helps to be one of the only place open at that time, though. It looks like it has been in business for some years and the owner hangs around to talk to the locals

Favorite Dish: I had two eggs, toast and some sausage. It was good and served fast and they kept up with the coffee needs. Price was around $6

• The Rocking V Cafe: THE Dining Destination in Kanab, Utah!

by Schweetheart Updated Oct 3, 2009

A stand-out dining destination. The owner welcomes you, greets you, chats with you as you dine, as you enjoy this enticingly colorful charmer. First you notice the color, then the gallery quality art. Then you get the menu - incredible choices: yummy standard fare and then really interesting, and creative fare for the bolder of us. If you are tired after a long day of touristing through the national parks, this place is icing on the cake for a weary soul and a feast for the senses. It is soothing, warm and welcoming, both in the emotional warmth of the owners & wait staff and in its delivery of really scrumptious food. The eclectic art and color that surround you only make it all even better.
    This is a regenerative dining experience and in the myriad so-so places that you are bound to find if you impulsively dine out, this lovely place is a bulls-eye hit. You will leave feeling cared for, deliciously full and completely satisfied on all levels. Go there. Save room for dessert.
    This place oozes charisma and positive vibe. Kanab is a cool little town.

Favorite Dish: The whole meal-really. Try something from each course. Be brave and experiment.
    It's all impeccably prepared and seasoned. This is the way to eat. Spoil yourself.
    Savor. Take your time. You MUST try dessert. The bread pudding is beyond decadent, pure heaven.

• National/State Park

• SJTravel's Profile Photo

Grandma Tina's Cafe: Great Place, Great Service

by SJTravel Written Aug 15, 2008

Most of the food has an Italian flare, but there are American dishes as well. The food is very tasty. I had a vegetarian calzone and my friend had a steak. Both were excellent. Both were huge we took some home. We both got one trip to the salad bar and soup as well. It was late so the salad bar wasn't fully stocked, but I still got a good salad. Everything was great. The service was good and quick. Our waitress, Sasha was awesome. She was really friendly and so open and honest. I really enjoyed her. What is great is that they really try to be as accomodating as possible, they want you to have a good time there and that is nice.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Vegetarian Calzone so much. It was gigantic so I took most of it home with me. It was delicious and I think it is made from scratch there because it tasted like I had fresh dough. My friend had a delicious steak and everything that came with it was very tasty.

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

Rockin' V: One of Utah's Best

by WinInZion Updated Nov 26, 2007

We live about 75 miles from Kanab and like to stay there overnight when hiking or Jeepin' in that area. The hostess at the Clarion Inn gave us the recommendation on this resteraunt. All I can say is that the food is excellent, service good and the owner, Victor , a character.

Having moved from suburban NJ to SW Utah has really been a trial as far as good food is concerned. The Rockin' V is as good as I've had in Utah and almost as good as I had locally in NJ.
    The cuisine offers something for everyone. I go for a pasta and shrimp dish, my wife for fresh seafood. We took friends and the man had a great steak. Desserts are awesome!

We ate here several times during 2007 and the food was always very good. Restaurants in SW Utah tend to close or shorten their hours from 11/30-3/1, best to call and not be disappointed.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Pasta, Steaks or Shrimp and Pasta all good. Lunch menu is excellent, I like the SW Chicken wrap.

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

Three Bears: Not Just Ice Cream

by WinInZion Written Nov 26, 2007

I've only been here once but my wife has been a few times. Like a lot of restaurants in S.W. Utah it's not always open.

This about the food, right? I can only say it was very good. I had their Taco Soup and was very pleased. In fact, I went to go back and they were closed, of course. So, if you happen to be in Kanab and you happen to want a quick lunch or ice cream, you might get lucky and find them open.

• Nedra's Too: Great southwestern cookin!

by Jolietvilletraveler Written Nov 15, 2007

Great local atmosphere. Has pictures on walls of various tv series/movies filmed in the Kanab area, with some momentos of those.

Favorite Dish: Chiliburger & fries were totally different than what you would find in midwest! Hamburger steak was good as was the baked potato. Watch out for the red/green chili sauces!!

• Adventure Travel
    • Desert

• Grandma Tinas Cafe: Soup & salad bar

by Jolietvilletraveler Written Nov 15, 2007

Has a limited menu, but soup & salad bar. Small/local flavor.

Favorite Dish: Soups....homemade and very good. As an entree, soup & salad bar was $8.95. 2 soups were very good, but somewhat limited salad bar and really not worth the $$.

• Adventure Travel

Houston's Trails End: Great Steaks in Kanab

by filipdebont Updated Sep 6, 2007

12 oz. Rib Eye Steak

My first evening in Kanab, I wanted to eat a good piece of meat.

So I did choose the Houston's Trails End restaurant.

The front hall was completely full, and a lot of them seemed to be locals, not tourists and that is always a good sign.

But there was also so a second hall in the back, so I did not need to wait.

The service was good and friendly. The waitresses were wearing gun belts

Also with the meal there was a hot homemade roll . . . .och my goodness that was delicious

So I made a great choice with this restaurant, the food was just great, och what a juicy steak, yummy

Only negative point was that they added a gratuity tax to my bill of 15 percent, normally they do that on groups of more then 6, but I was alone . . .

I asked what it was, and they told me it was the service tax, and if they needed to put it off

So normally you can decide for yourself if you want to give a tip and how big the tip is, but here they take it without asking . . . . It felt a bit as a rip off

So I was very satisfied on food, but somewhat unsatisfied on the bill handling

But I returned another evening to this restaurant, because of the delicious Rib Eye steak, and then there was no gratuity added at my bill. So I may conclude that this what happened to me, was not a ordered by the restaurant management, but a personal action by the waitress which served me the first evening . . .

Favorite Dish: Cheese Steaks - 6.95 US$

12 oz. Aged Rib Eye Steak, char broiled age steak - 18.50 US$

Nedra's Cafe: Trout in Kanab

by filipdebont Written Sep 6, 2007

Trout Almondine

The second evening in Kanab, I was driving around in order to find a restaurant.

And at the junction of highway 89 and 89A is spotted this Nedras Cafe restaurant.

The restaurant looked cosy; there were lots of pictures of former western movie stars on the walls, like John Wayne, Mickey Rooney, the Lone Ranger, . . . .

I must say that there were not much people in the restaurant when I was there.

Service was friendly, quick and correct.

I had already eaten a lot of meat the last days / weeks, so when I noticed the trout on the menu, I thought, yes let’s eat some fish tonight.

And I must admit, it was a good choice, it was a welcome change and it tasted very good, and there was plenty.

Favorite Dish: Trout Almondine : a large 10 ounce boneless trout grilled with lemon and herbs, topped with sliced almonds, served with fries and fresh salad - 12.95 US$

• straehle's Profile Photo

The Rocking V: Great Luncheon Items

by straehle Updated Jun 2, 2006
    Rocking V Outside

We went for lunch and I think they have a perfect lunch menu, with something for everyone. On my visit, I had the Kanab Burger with cheese and a peanut butter shake. I was planning to have the Big Easy Muffleta Wrap on the way back, but that was not to be. The food is wholesome with lots of vegetarian/vegan offerings for those so inclined. The atmosphere is relaxed, except when 35 people descend on them at once, but the servers were efficient and got us all out within an hour.

Favorite Dish: I really wanted to try the Big Easy Muffleta Wrap. It looks appetizing in the menu and when delivered.

• Photography

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo

Nedra's Too: Southwestern Home Cooking from a Pioneer Family

by JetlagCity Updated Aug 28, 2004

Coral Pink Sand Dune State Park

Nedra's Too serves all kinds of Mexican and Southwestern food - enchiladas, burritos, tamales, sopapillas, etc. In addition, they also serve steaks, burgers, and chili. Good stuff!

Nedra was the granddaughter of a Mormon pioneer in this area. Her first restaurant is in Fredonia, Arizona, just a few miles south. Both are operated by her family now.

Instant Answers: Kanab

Comments

Kanab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kanab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kanab sightseeing.