Manila Travel Guide

Sculpture

Manila Things to Do

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Written Dec 21, 2009

From Manila it is about an hours drive to Flaming Gorge, a beautiful pristine area with a lovely backdrop of red rocks. The main rim trail is called Red Canyon trail and it takes you for a long wander along the top of the canyon from the Visitor Centre.(closed from the 15th Sept.) The lake itself is an artificial one formed by the back-up from Flaming Gorge Dam on the Green River.

View from the Sheep Bay Creek turnout. Up on the rim.

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 25, 2008

The Daggett County Courthouse, Manila, Utah, represents the 2,732nd county I have entered in my quest to visit each of the 3,141 counties or their equivilents in the United States. I was here on Tuesday afternoon, July 22, 2008. Daggett County is near the Utah/Wyoming border in the northeastern corner of the state. It is the gateway to the beautiful Flaming Gorge National Recreation area.

Daggett County Courthouse, Manila, Utah Daggett County Courthouse, Manila, Utah

• Manila Hotels

0 Hotels in Manila

Manila Restaurants

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Written Dec 20, 2009

This was the first time anywhere that I'd walked into a bar/resto and came across 4 grown men, that had a builders van outside, licking ice cream cones instead of throwing beers down their throats, and I worked in construction for a few years!!!! After their initial surprise at finding strangers in their town, we had quite a long chat concerning the French social security, how was Pdt. Obama perceived in Europe etc etc. After wishing us a great time in Utah, they finished their cones and were gone.

We then sat and had our meal served by a friendly girl (the owners daughter, we found out) who, until I left a few dollars on the table refused a tip!!!

Favorite Dish: I had a pot roast and fries that was simply delicious, I'm still thinking about it.

Open or not ???

Manila Shopping

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 25, 2008

You can't do a lot of shopping in Manila, Utah. It's a long way from nowhere. I found a couple of service stations, a defunct motel, and a general store. At one of the service stations, which consisted only of a couple of unmaned pumps, I filled my car with gas because it was a very long way to the next station I would see - in Wyoming.

Central Shopping District, Manila, Utah

Manila Warnings and Dangers

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 25, 2008

As I was approaching the town of Manila on UT-43 a distant but heavy afternoon thunderstorm caused a flash flood which covered the highway for about 50 yards. No rain was falling where the road was flooded. However, rains several miles away sent a swirling muddy torrent which came rushing down a dry gulch, sweeping over the road into town. I was traveling north, en route from the Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area.

After watching a couple of other vehicles drive through the flooded area I followed. I estimate the water to have been only 8 or 9 inches deep although it was very swift moving. If the water had been a little higher my car would have stalled and could have been swept downstream with the flood. Lucky me, I survived the flood.

Entering Daggett County on UT-43.

Instant Answers: Manila

Comments

Manila Travel Guide
Map of Manila