Manila Travel Guide

Manila Things to Do

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
    View from the Sheep Bay Creek turnout. 4 more images

by pfsmalo Written Dec 21, 2009

From Manila it is about an hours drive to Flaming Gorge, a beautiful pristine area with a lovely backdrop of red rocks. The main rim trail is called Red Canyon trail and it takes you for a long wander along the top of the canyon from the Visitor Centre.(closed from the 15th Sept.) The lake itself is an artificial one formed by the back-up from Flaming Gorge Dam on the Green River.

Daggett County Courthouse, Manila, Utah 1 more image

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 25, 2008

The Daggett County Courthouse, Manila, Utah, represents the 2,732nd county I have entered in my quest to visit each of the 3,141 counties or their equivilents in the United States. I was here on Tuesday afternoon, July 22, 2008. Daggett County is near the Utah/Wyoming border in the northeastern corner of the state. It is the gateway to the beautiful Flaming Gorge National Recreation area.

• Manila Hotels

0 Hotels in Manila

Manila Restaurants

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
    Open or not ???

by pfsmalo Written Dec 20, 2009

This was the first time anywhere that I'd walked into a bar/resto and came across 4 grown men, that had a builders van outside, licking ice cream cones instead of throwing beers down their throats, and I worked in construction for a few years!!!! After their initial surprise at finding strangers in their town, we had quite a long chat concerning the French social security, how was Pdt. Obama perceived in Europe etc etc. After wishing us a great time in Utah, they finished their cones and were gone.

We then sat and had our meal served by a friendly girl (the owners daughter, we found out) who, until I left a few dollars on the table refused a tip!!!

Favorite Dish: I had a pot roast and fries that was simply delicious, I'm still thinking about it.

Manila Shopping

Central Shopping District, Manila, Utah

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 25, 2008

You can't do a lot of shopping in Manila, Utah. It's a long way from nowhere. I found a couple of service stations, a defunct motel, and a general store. At one of the service stations, which consisted only of a couple of unmaned pumps, I filled my car with gas because it was a very long way to the next station I would see - in Wyoming.

Manila Warnings and Dangers

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Entering Daggett County on UT-43.

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 25, 2008

As I was approaching the town of Manila on UT-43 a distant but heavy afternoon thunderstorm caused a flash flood which covered the highway for about 50 yards. No rain was falling where the road was flooded. However, rains several miles away sent a swirling muddy torrent which came rushing down a dry gulch, sweeping over the road into town. I was traveling north, en route from the Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area.

After watching a couple of other vehicles drive through the flooded area I followed. I estimate the water to have been only 8 or 9 inches deep although it was very swift moving. If the water had been a little higher my car would have stalled and could have been swept downstream with the flood. Lucky me, I survived the flood.

Instant Answers: Manila

Comments

Manila Travel Guide
Map of Manila