Moab Restaurants

• Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Moab

Twisted Sista's Cafe: Good food at a great price

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

I've seen several restaurants come and go at this location over the years. Hopefully this one survives. They have only been opened two weeks. The restaurant is two floors an very colorful. The menu is not that big but sufficient. They do advertise Tapas, but looking at the limited selection and prices it was more like appetizers.

Although it was lunch, I had the breakfast burrito. It was a bit on the small side and a little watery as you can see in the picture. It also did not come with anything. My friend had a hamburger that he liked a lot.

Favorite Dish: My breakfast burrito was very good but the portion was a little small. Still appropriate for the price which was very inexpensive.

Moab Diner: Average food but quick

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This diner is has typical diner food, with nothing really special. What is nice is they have their own parking lot so you do not have to search or walk far after parking and the food comes fast.

I ate breakfast here, the House Pancakes. But be careful! On the menu under the Pancakes description there is a line "choose your eggs: any style". Now there is no additional price for this so I think it is included. It is not. Beware.

Strangely enough for a diner, they are not open Sunday's.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Moab Brewery: Beer batter string beans!!!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This is a Brew pub, as the name states. Larger than most with a bar to the left and a large dining room to the right. High ceilings and lots of room. At the entrance there is a little store for gifts and an ice cream vendor. There is a discount on this after your meal.

I ate once in the bar are and another night in the dining area. The wait staff are very friendly and helpful. The night in the bar I had the Honey Almond Chicken. Its very good and a lot of food.

Later in the week I ate in the dining area. After a long day of mountain biking I opted for lighter fare and ordered a special I noted on a board when you enter. It was beer batter string beans and a chipolte dipping sauce. It was out of this world great! I also ordered the Hummus plate which was equally as good.

Favorite Dish: The beer batter string bean were so incredible I am trying to make them at home. What a great, unique idea.

I also really enjoyed a dessert I had, was some type of death by chocolate. Amazing!

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Zax: All you can eat pizza

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This is a popular place. Divided into two sections, bar/restaurant. The staff are very friendly. They have a special pizza bar which is all you can eat for a little over $12. This also includes a small salad bar. They have a wide range and variety of pizza. If the pizza you want is not out on the bar, just request it and they'll make one up in 10 minutes.

However, the pizza is not that good, especially the bbq pizza, which had no bbq sauce. It was kinda strange cheese pizza with that tasted like bbq but just the cheese and chicken. I was pretty hungry and I only ended up eating 4 slices as we watched a hockey game in the bar. The slices are small so I do not think I got my monies worth.

The do have a full menu of other items besides pizza so next time I will try something else.

Favorite Dish: The pepperoni and sausage pizza was the best of the few I tried.

The Blu Pig: Nice BBQ

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This is a nice restaurant located on the main street in the south part of Moab. It has outdoor seating. The interior is very dark and has a large table for a group with blue lights that light everything. Normal lights are over the booth tables.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Also easy to find and get their attention.

I ordered the Big and Nasty appetizer and the Baby Back ribs. The ribs were way over cooked. However, the sides it came with were amazing. Perfectly cooked sweet potato and rice and beans specially done with some hot peppers. You do have many other sides to choose from, the dinner comes with two sides and corn bread muffin.

Favorite Dish: The Big and Nasty appetizer was excellent. It is a large plate of french fries, smothered in pulled pork, beans and cheese. Out of this world.

Would definitely go back just for this and the sides. Try something besides the baby back ribs.

Eddie McStiff's: Alot of hipe but just average

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This place has an atmosphere typical of a chain restaurant like "Fridays" or "Houlihans" but not nearly as nice. The menu is extensive but the service was average and so was the food. The do have their own beer brand. The pale ale I had was ok at first but after a bit not so much.

Favorite Dish: I only ate one meal here. For dinner I had the chili hamburger. The meat was good and cooked appropriately but the chili was a bit watery and not much of it.

Wake and Bake Cafe: Pass on the ice cream

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

A very straight forward place with very small tables and little on the decor. They serve breakfast and lunch and the couple runner the place are very nice.

Favorite Dish: I only came in for the ice cream. I thought it was very plain and not much flavor. Portion was very small compared to other places.

Singha: Authentic Thai

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant with great decor and service. The owner is very friendly. They are only open for dinner. It is a quiet place to relax and enjoy a meal. There is no outdoor seating.

The food is authentic. I eat a lot of Thai food. It is usually the first type of food I try and find. This is the only Thai food I found in Moab. It is good although the portions are just a little small. The food is served fast and hot.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Pad Cashew Nut. It was very good. I had it served with brown rice.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Peace Tree Cafe: Don't miss the hummus platter!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

I've ate several meals here from breakfast lunch and dinner. There is ample seating indoor and on the porch outside. For dinner, make sure you get there early if the sun has not set because half the table will have you looking into the sun. Or arrive after sunset and there is no problem.

The have a good menu and extensive smoothie option. For dinner, I've had the pork loin, which was not really a pork loin but a pork chop without the bone. This was the only disappointing item.

The breakfast burrito is very good!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here is the Hummus Platter. Spicy red chili hummus with four tasty olives and a platter loaded pita triangles. The platter is accompanied by some lemon yogurt. As basic as it is, this is one of the best dishes I've had in Moab.

Week of 5/13/12 - update: Unfortunately they do not have the hummus platter any longer. But they do now have sweet potato fries! Very tasty!

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Love Muffin Cafe: Nice place for lunch!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

Basic place with a cool name open for breakfast and lunch. The service was very good. I arrived 10 minutes before closing and they allowed me to order and hang out to eat the food.

Favorite Dish: I had the kung-fu wrap which was baked tofu, sesame ginger vinaigrette and veggies. Very good! Would definitely order this again.

Recently went for breakfast a few time the week of 5/13/12. My new favorite dish is the whole wheat pancakes with banana and candied walnuts. Extremely good!

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Slickrock Cafe: Great Burgers!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This a small place right in the center of town. The bar is located in the front and has huge open area windows that make you feel like you are out on a patio. The staff is very friendly and on Friday and Saturday they have some live local entertainment. A lot of locals hang out here at the bare area. Very cool place.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the BBQ Monterrey Burger. I've had this many times and always perfectly cooked, as well as the fries.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Eklecticafe': Unique and refreshing!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This place is great! It is a very small house converted into a restaurant that serves only breakfast and lunch. Inside has limited seating and the walls are covered with collectables and paintings you can browse and shop. There is more seating on the front deck and side. They have an amazing garden that was in full bloom. There is a giant tea cup in the front yard that has bubbling water and maybe a smoke machine or dry ice for the effect of hot coffee/tea.

They have a great unique way of serving the food. All orders are taken inside at the counter. After the order is placed, they give you a large plastic vegetable and you go find some seating. When you food is ready someone comes out with it and looks for your vegetable and serve your food, lol. Cool.

Favorite Dish: I ate breakfast once and lunch one time.

Breakfast - I had the breakfast burrito. It was very good and the only complaint I had was that the tortilla was too small and kept unraveling.

Lunch - I had the curry wrap. It was curry rice and chicken with vegetable. Make sure to get it with the yogurt dressing. It is too dry without. Again, good food but the wrap was too small and made a mess

Overall I love this place.

update - on 5/15/12 I tried the Huevos Rancheros. it was very good and fairly a lot of food for the price. I also had the breakfast burrito again another day on this trip. I didn't have the trouble with the tortilla coming apart this time, lol.

Jailhouse Cafe: Best Breakfast in Moab

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

Located in a building that was once the courthouse for the area in the late 1800's it also served a jail for the defendants awaiting trial. Like any building converted into a restaurant the indoor seating is in small rooms which is fine. There is quite a bit of outdoor seating. The place only serves breakfast. When you specialize on one meal in tends to be good. Jailhouse is no exception. The food is excellent.

The staff is also very friendly and maybe the best I experience while in Moab. The food comes out fast and with a smile.

Favorite Dish: Each time I go to the Jailhouse I get the Jailhouse Chorizo Scramble. Their description, three lightly scrambled eggs with seasoned potatoes, strips of white corn tortilla and choriza sausage with sour cream and salsa. My description is pure pleasure. The chorizo has just the right amount of spice. Love it!

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Fiesta Mexicana: Middlin' Mexican

by goodfish Updated Feb 7, 2013

The Husband and I were evenly split on this one so your experience may be a crapshoot. The place is done up in standard, rustic Mexican with big wooden booths and whatnot; sort of a cozy feel. Service was quick and attentive although they had a different server for everything from water to chips to our margaritas. He had a combo plate that was so-so; I had talpiquena (steak with shrimp, peppers, onions and melted cheese) that was pretty good. We did agree on the dessert sopapillas: light, warm, cinnamon-y sweet and served with honey.

Entrees run to the $8 - $15 range but they have an inexpensive lunch menu Monday through Friday and a couple of entrees-for-two under $25. Outdoor patio.

In a region known for Mexican/Southwest cuisine, people tend to have some expectations about what that should look/taste like so pleasing everyone is an exercise in futility. I'm guessing they're shooting for somewhere in the middle - which is just where I'm ranking it.

• National/State Park

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

Wake and Bake: Great Local Coffee

by RoscoeGregg Written Dec 4, 2011

The Sign Out Front

This is a place we often stop for a light breakfast or lunch when in Moab.

Like most of Moab it is relaxed and comfortable. We have found the staff here to be very friendly and helpful. There is a seating area with tables and there is a couch filled coffee table zone. They have WiFi.

The food is simple and everything I have had here from Muffins to a lunch burrito were above average. The coffe is good and strong.

I highly recommend it the next time you hit Moab and need a caffeine jolt.

Favorite Dish: I like the coffee here it is strong.

The baked goods and lunch items are to my liking as well.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Moab

Comments

Moab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moab sightseeing.