Moab Restaurants

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

Wake and Bake: Great Local Coffee

by RoscoeGregg Written Dec 4, 2011

The Sign Out Front

This is a place we often stop for a light breakfast or lunch when in Moab.

Like most of Moab it is relaxed and comfortable. We have found the staff here to be very friendly and helpful. There is a seating area with tables and there is a couch filled coffee table zone. They have WiFi.

The food is simple and everything I have had here from Muffins to a lunch burrito were above average. The coffe is good and strong.

I highly recommend it the next time you hit Moab and need a caffeine jolt.

Favorite Dish: I like the coffee here it is strong.

The baked goods and lunch items are to my liking as well.

• Hiking and Walking

Moab Coffee Roasters: Freshly, fairly roasted

by goodfish Written Nov 16, 2011

Heavy rain drove us off the trails one afternoon so we took advantage of the weather to find a hot cuppa joe and catch up on the news. This one had a nice overhang to huddle out of the drops and was just kittycorner from the local bookstore's supply of newspapers. It shares space with Lost River Imports - a women's clothing store specializing in batik-printed skirts, blouses, scarves, etc. - and tables inside are few so it's largely a grab-and-go outlet unless it's nice enough to sit outside. It took the friendly barista FOREVER to make up our order but the mochas were very good (maybe because of that meticulous preparation) and we weren't in a hurry...

Freshly-roasted fair trade (yay for that) and organic coffee, italian sodas, pastries and gelato.

• Women's Travel

Eklecticafe: Caffeine at the cottage

by goodfish Written Nov 15, 2011

A funky little bungalow almost smothered in a wild and wonderful jungle of shrubs, flowers and vines, Eklecticafe is a former hippie's dream. We stopped into for lattes, scones and a read of the paper one rainy morning and lingered for a loooong time amid a cheerful clutter of color and curios. No slick, cookie-cutter chain, no sir; the menu is on chalkboard, and breakfast comes out of a tiny, busy kitchen at its own leisurely speed. It's comforting, good-for-you stuff too: maple nut granola with fruit, tofu burritos, whole wheat pancakes, huervos rancheros, egg and cheese bagels...

There's a big shaded porch for al fresco sipping on a nice day, and they're open for lunch, too. Our organic coffees and scones were yummy and, judging from the friendly chat between counter staff and stop-ins, this is a favorite with the locals. Open 7 days a week from 7:00 - 1:00 (Sunday) and 2:30 Mon - Sat.

Webpage (link below) has two menu tabs: one for breakfast and one for lunch.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Zax: A piece'a pizza (or two)

by goodfish Written Nov 15, 2011

We flipped a coin over which of two pizza places to try after one long, wet, day in Needles and this one won out. It's a busy, noisy spot on the main drag, and we ended up in the bar (called the Watering Hole) 'cause we were seriously pooped and could grab a booth in there with no wait. Our wood-fired pie was good but the crust (they only have one type) was too thick and chewy for our thin-and-crispy tastes. Menu items looked to be on the high side: most burgers and sandwiches run close to $10 and pizzas around $20. One budget option would be ordering by the slice ($2.50 at time of this writing) 'cause I'm guessing just a couple of those might do ya unless you're a big fella - then you might want to opt for the pizza buffet.

Service was prompt and friendly, and there is sport (no sound, thankfully) on the flat screens in the bar. Family friendly (restaurant side) and has an outdoor patio. I'd give this one more stars if they had a thinner crust option for the pies.

Moab Diner: Nuttin' fancy

by goodfish Updated Nov 13, 2011

Favorite Dish: A favorite chow spot for the locals, Moab Diner is busy, bright, clean, friendly and big on comfort food. We grabbed a bowl of their "best green chili in Utah" before heading off to afternoon/evening hikes at Arches, and left feeling stuffed and happy. Personally, it wasn't my favorite of the green chili chowders or soups I've had in the Southwest but it was good; thick, hot and filling with a few warm tortillas on the side. We ordered ours with small salads and weren't able to finish it all.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, most items run between $7 -$8 with portions that looked generous enough to fill the bottomless pit of a teenage boy's stomach. They can also make up box lunches for picnics at the parks or your campsite, and have a wee-folks menu. Closed on Sunday.

• Seniors

The Blu Pig: Brews, Blues and BBQ

by goodfish Updated Nov 8, 2011

The nice plus about hiking trips is burning tons of calories and getting to eat anything I want to. We hit the Blu Pig mighty hungry after a long day at Arches and left feeling like well-stuffed hogs. BBQ is one of those cuisines that you just can't make to please everyone; people like what they like as far as spices and sweetness, wet or dry, etc. so if it ain't like home, it just ain't right, you know? So you have to have an open mind when braving the brisket in the Great Unknown.

If you aren't a carnivore, stop reading - this is not the place for you. They do their own smoking and the menu runs the gamut of chicken to ribs to catfish. We both ordered up pulled-pork sammies - huge, on soft, toasted asiago buns topped with slaw - and sweet 'tater fries. The pork comes dry and we had fun trying out the three sauces on the table. Neither of us could finish the buggers but we'd seen this applewood-roasted pecan pie on the menu and had to give THAT a shot. OMG. Folks, save room...

All-in-all, nice place with a good selection of bottled beer served up with frosty glasses, outdoor patio, and blues on the sound system: what's not to like? We ate early so service was quick, friendly and attentive - can't answer for what it's like on a busy night. They also have a menu for little buckaroos, and you can get your order to go. Open at 4:00 Mon - Sat, 11:00 on Sunday.

Moab Brewery: Tasty pub and grub

by goodfish Updated Oct 4, 2011

Moab Brewery

It was good in 2004 so we came back in 2011. This is the only microbrewery in the area and a good place to refuel and rehydrate post-hike, float, bike or climb. The menu runs to standards like salads, sandwiches, burgers and a few entrees, and the craft brew list from ales to stout. We landed in here twice: the first night for salads, and the second for the ribs we recalled as yummy 7 years earlier. Nope, they hadn't lost the touch. The Husband's gazpacho plate of greens with blackened tilapia and jalapeƱo cornbread, and my almond chicken with soy ginger vinaigrette were both winners, and the pork ribs with Jack Daniel's sauce were bone-suckin' wonderful. Beer? What's not to like.

Service all three times was cheerful and prompt - although it can be a busy place during the dinner hour. Vegetarian options are available for non-carnivores, and there's a kid's menu for small fry. Stop into the small retail store for picking up pint glasses, t-shirts or a growler-to-go for your campsite, or the gelato freezer up front for a cone. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week: come in your cargos and boots.

The head-banging music on the website's home page is a bit much but you can hit the mute button. :)

Favorite Dish: Ribs. Yummy.

• Beer Tasting

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Paradox Pizza: Cheap, quick, and filling

by AcornMan Written May 18, 2011

Paradox Pizza serves decent pizza that, while good, probably doesn't deserve the high ratings you might find for it by doing an internet search. Still, if you want a quick, filling meal that won't break the bank, it will do just fine.

• Hiking and Walking

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

The Moab Brewery: Moab's only brewery

by AcornMan Updated May 18, 2011

If you're looking for a fresh beer, the Moab Brewery is the only game in town. I thought the beer was good and the food was decent, but it's pretty typical pub food without much imagination. If all you're looking for is a meal and you don't care about the beer, you can certainly do better.

• Cycling

• Pasta Jay's: The BEST Pizza and Salad

by ElizabethFL Updated Apr 4, 2011

We saw this restaurant in a tourist book supplied by the hotel that we stayed at. We had just camped for a few weeks at Zion, Bryce, and Arches and were sick of eating canned campfire foods and was in the mood for a pizza. When we got to the restaurant you have an option to eat inside or outside on the patio. The patio looked inviting however we felt like eating in the comfort of air conditioning. We ordered the antipasta salad and paid extra for the gorgonzola cheese, and a pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. The salad was huge and was very good with their house dressing. The pizza was more of a thin crust with cheese almost all the way to the edge with very little crust. This meal was the best salad and pizza both me and my husband ever had! We still tell people about this restaurant, and when asked where our favorite pizza place is we tell them Pasta Jay's in Moab, Utah.

• kimod74's Profile Photo

Denny's: Dirtiest, Nastiest Denny's I've Ever Eaten At!

by kimod74 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Good lord, where do I start. We ate at Denny's for lunch after we got to Moab as it was right across the parking lot from our hotel and we were hungry. After waiting awhile to be seated (no employees to greet you, finally one showed up), they seated us in a booth, as I was about to sit down I realized there was a bunch of food, noodles and crumbs, etc. in my seat. And the table was all dirty and gross. I asked the waiter if he could please get it cleaned up before I sat down, PLEASE. My first thought was "what the heck are they doing seating a customer in a dirty table to begin with"? Isn't that a cardinal sin in the restaurant business? Finally we got the seat and table cleaned up but it didn't feel clean to me. Upon looking around I noticed the floor was littered with food and trash, I mean littered, not just a couple of pieces here and there. All it would take was a little care from one of the employees to bring out the vacuum and clean it up. The food was gross, everything about the place was disgusting, along with the employees. I would not recommend eating at the Denny's in Moab, the one across from the Super 8 Motel off Highway 191!
    STAY AWAY!

Favorite Dish: Nothing. I have lost my appetite and don't think I will ever eat in a Denny's again!

• Center Cafe: Fun, Fabulous Dining in Moab

by partyholly Updated Apr 4, 2011

Center Cafe dining room

I have had many wonderful dinners at The Center Cafe. Dining at this restaurant is truly a memorable experience--the food is creative and delicious; presentation is inspiring; service is excellent; and the ambience is comfortable and relaxing.

The extensive wines-by-the-glass list is a great complement to the menu.

Favorite Dish: Some of our favorites are the crab cakes, mango quesadillas, lamb loin, and chocolate molten dessert.

• Wine Tasting

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

La Hacieda: Another good Mexican eatery

by WinInZion Written Nov 1, 2010

This was recommended by a friend and it was so good we ate there twice in 5 nites. First you get ample portions and second the prices won't break you. They had friendly service, cold beer and provided chips and salsa. Seemed a lot of locals were eating here, especially our first night, which was a Sunday.

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

Miguel's Baja Grill: Mexican Delight

by WinInZion Updated Oct 29, 2010

This is a relatively small eatery in the center of downtown Moab. Even late in October there was a short wait but many shops were open so we browsed while waiting. We had four in our party and everyone really enjoyed their food. We ate in four different places during our stay and this was the best, it was also the priciest.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Slickrock Cafe: Nice Cafe with Good Food

by Basaic Written Jun 24, 2010

Slickrock Cafe

I think they call the decor factory chic. The staff looks transplanted from San Francisco. The menu is varied. Maybe a little pricey. They are a sister restaurant to Cassano's Italian Restaurant. The cafe gets its name from a pictograph of some type of creature.

Favorite Dish: I had meatloaf which I enjoyed. They serve wine, beer and mixed drinks to include a variety of Margaritas.

Instant Answers: Moab

Comments

Moab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moab sightseeing.