Moab Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Moab

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Love Muffin Cafe: Nice place for lunch!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

Basic place with a cool name open for breakfast and lunch. The service was very good. I arrived 10 minutes before closing and they allowed me to order and hang out to eat the food.

Favorite Dish: I had the kung-fu wrap which was baked tofu, sesame ginger vinaigrette and veggies. Very good! Would definitely order this again.

Recently went for breakfast a few time the week of 5/13/12. My new favorite dish is the whole wheat pancakes with banana and candied walnuts. Extremely good!

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Slickrock Cafe: Great Burgers!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This a small place right in the center of town. The bar is located in the front and has huge open area windows that make you feel like you are out on a patio. The staff is very friendly and on Friday and Saturday they have some live local entertainment. A lot of locals hang out here at the bare area. Very cool place.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the BBQ Monterrey Burger. I've had this many times and always perfectly cooked, as well as the fries.

Adobe wrap.  Very good, especially the guacamole

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Eklecticafe': Unique and refreshing!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This place is great! It is a very small house converted into a restaurant that serves only breakfast and lunch. Inside has limited seating and the walls are covered with collectables and paintings you can browse and shop. There is more seating on the front deck and side. They have an amazing garden that was in full bloom. There is a giant tea cup in the front yard that has bubbling water and maybe a smoke machine or dry ice for the effect of hot coffee/tea.

They have a great unique way of serving the food. All orders are taken inside at the counter. After the order is placed, they give you a large plastic vegetable and you go find some seating. When you food is ready someone comes out with it and looks for your vegetable and serve your food, lol. Cool.

Favorite Dish: I ate breakfast once and lunch one time.

Breakfast - I had the breakfast burrito. It was very good and the only complaint I had was that the tortilla was too small and kept unraveling.

Lunch - I had the curry wrap. It was curry rice and chicken with vegetable. Make sure to get it with the yogurt dressing. It is too dry without. Again, good food but the wrap was too small and made a mess

Overall I love this place.

update - on 5/15/12 I tried the Huevos Rancheros. it was very good and fairly a lot of food for the price. I also had the breakfast burrito again another day on this trip. I didn't have the trouble with the tortilla coming apart this time, lol.

• Adventure Travel

Jailhouse Cafe: Best Breakfast in Moab

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

Located in a building that was once the courthouse for the area in the late 1800's it also served a jail for the defendants awaiting trial. Like any building converted into a restaurant the indoor seating is in small rooms which is fine. There is quite a bit of outdoor seating. The place only serves breakfast. When you specialize on one meal in tends to be good. Jailhouse is no exception. The food is excellent.

The staff is also very friendly and maybe the best I experience while in Moab. The food comes out fast and with a smile.

Favorite Dish: Each time I go to the Jailhouse I get the Jailhouse Chorizo Scramble. Their description, three lightly scrambled eggs with seasoned potatoes, strips of white corn tortilla and choriza sausage with sour cream and salsa. My description is pure pleasure. The chorizo has just the right amount of spice. Love it!

Fiesta Mexicana: Middlin' Mexican

by goodfish Updated Feb 7, 2013

The Husband and I were evenly split on this one so your experience may be a crapshoot. The place is done up in standard, rustic Mexican with big wooden booths and whatnot; sort of a cozy feel. Service was quick and attentive although they had a different server for everything from water to chips to our margaritas. He had a combo plate that was so-so; I had talpiquena (steak with shrimp, peppers, onions and melted cheese) that was pretty good. We did agree on the dessert sopapillas: light, warm, cinnamon-y sweet and served with honey.

Entrees run to the $8 - $15 range but they have an inexpensive lunch menu Monday through Friday and a couple of entrees-for-two under $25. Outdoor patio.

In a region known for Mexican/Southwest cuisine, people tend to have some expectations about what that should look/taste like so pleasing everyone is an exercise in futility. I'm guessing they're shooting for somewhere in the middle - which is just where I'm ranking it.

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

Wake and Bake: Great Local Coffee

by RoscoeGregg Written Dec 4, 2011

This is a place we often stop for a light breakfast or lunch when in Moab.

Like most of Moab it is relaxed and comfortable. We have found the staff here to be very friendly and helpful. There is a seating area with tables and there is a couch filled coffee table zone. They have WiFi.

The food is simple and everything I have had here from Muffins to a lunch burrito were above average. The coffe is good and strong.

I highly recommend it the next time you hit Moab and need a caffeine jolt.

Favorite Dish: I like the coffee here it is strong.

The baked goods and lunch items are to my liking as well.

The Sign Out Front You Order Here The Dining Area A Great Breakfast Burrito. I am still full.
    • Hiking and Walking

Moab Coffee Roasters: Freshly, fairly roasted

by goodfish Written Nov 16, 2011

Heavy rain drove us off the trails one afternoon so we took advantage of the weather to find a hot cuppa joe and catch up on the news. This one had a nice overhang to huddle out of the drops and was just kittycorner from the local bookstore's supply of newspapers. It shares space with Lost River Imports - a women's clothing store specializing in batik-printed skirts, blouses, scarves, etc. - and tables inside are few so it's largely a grab-and-go outlet unless it's nice enough to sit outside. It took the friendly barista FOREVER to make up our order but the mochas were very good (maybe because of that meticulous preparation) and we weren't in a hurry...

Freshly-roasted fair trade (yay for that) and organic coffee, italian sodas, pastries and gelato.

• Women's Travel

Eklecticafe: Caffeine at the cottage

by goodfish Written Nov 15, 2011

A funky little bungalow almost smothered in a wild and wonderful jungle of shrubs, flowers and vines, Eklecticafe is a former hippie's dream. We stopped into for lattes, scones and a read of the paper one rainy morning and lingered for a loooong time amid a cheerful clutter of color and curios. No slick, cookie-cutter chain, no sir; the menu is on chalkboard, and breakfast comes out of a tiny, busy kitchen at its own leisurely speed. It's comforting, good-for-you stuff too: maple nut granola with fruit, tofu burritos, whole wheat pancakes, huervos rancheros, egg and cheese bagels...

There's a big shaded porch for al fresco sipping on a nice day, and they're open for lunch, too. Our organic coffees and scones were yummy and, judging from the friendly chat between counter staff and stop-ins, this is a favorite with the locals. Open 7 days a week from 7:00 - 1:00 (Sunday) and 2:30 Mon - Sat.

Webpage (link below) has two menu tabs: one for breakfast and one for lunch.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Zax: A piece'a pizza (or two)

by goodfish Written Nov 15, 2011

We flipped a coin over which of two pizza places to try after one long, wet, day in Needles and this one won out. It's a busy, noisy spot on the main drag, and we ended up in the bar (called the Watering Hole) 'cause we were seriously pooped and could grab a booth in there with no wait. Our wood-fired pie was good but the crust (they only have one type) was too thick and chewy for our thin-and-crispy tastes. Menu items looked to be on the high side: most burgers and sandwiches run close to $10 and pizzas around $20. One budget option would be ordering by the slice ($2.50 at time of this writing) 'cause I'm guessing just a couple of those might do ya unless you're a big fella - then you might want to opt for the pizza buffet.

Service was prompt and friendly, and there is sport (no sound, thankfully) on the flat screens in the bar. Family friendly (restaurant side) and has an outdoor patio. I'd give this one more stars if they had a thinner crust option for the pies.

Moab Diner: Nuttin' fancy

by goodfish Updated Nov 13, 2011

Favorite Dish: A favorite chow spot for the locals, Moab Diner is busy, bright, clean, friendly and big on comfort food. We grabbed a bowl of their "best green chili in Utah" before heading off to afternoon/evening hikes at Arches, and left feeling stuffed and happy. Personally, it wasn't my favorite of the green chili chowders or soups I've had in the Southwest but it was good; thick, hot and filling with a few warm tortillas on the side. We ordered ours with small salads and weren't able to finish it all.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, most items run between $7 -$8 with portions that looked generous enough to fill the bottomless pit of a teenage boy's stomach. They can also make up box lunches for picnics at the parks or your campsite, and have a wee-folks menu. Closed on Sunday.

• Seniors

The Blu Pig: Brews, Blues and BBQ

by goodfish Updated Nov 8, 2011

The nice plus about hiking trips is burning tons of calories and getting to eat anything I want to. We hit the Blu Pig mighty hungry after a long day at Arches and left feeling like well-stuffed hogs. BBQ is one of those cuisines that you just can't make to please everyone; people like what they like as far as spices and sweetness, wet or dry, etc. so if it ain't like home, it just ain't right, you know? So you have to have an open mind when braving the brisket in the Great Unknown.

If you aren't a carnivore, stop reading - this is not the place for you. They do their own smoking and the menu runs the gamut of chicken to ribs to catfish. We both ordered up pulled-pork sammies - huge, on soft, toasted asiago buns topped with slaw - and sweet 'tater fries. The pork comes dry and we had fun trying out the three sauces on the table. Neither of us could finish the buggers but we'd seen this applewood-roasted pecan pie on the menu and had to give THAT a shot. OMG. Folks, save room...

All-in-all, nice place with a good selection of bottled beer served up with frosty glasses, outdoor patio, and blues on the sound system: what's not to like? We ate early so service was quick, friendly and attentive - can't answer for what it's like on a busy night. They also have a menu for little buckaroos, and you can get your order to go. Open at 4:00 Mon - Sat, 11:00 on Sunday.

Moab Brewery: Tasty pub and grub

by goodfish Updated Oct 4, 2011

It was good in 2004 so we came back in 2011. This is the only microbrewery in the area and a good place to refuel and rehydrate post-hike, float, bike or climb. The menu runs to standards like salads, sandwiches, burgers and a few entrees, and the craft brew list from ales to stout. We landed in here twice: the first night for salads, and the second for the ribs we recalled as yummy 7 years earlier. Nope, they hadn't lost the touch. The Husband's gazpacho plate of greens with blackened tilapia and jalapeƱo cornbread, and my almond chicken with soy ginger vinaigrette were both winners, and the pork ribs with Jack Daniel's sauce were bone-suckin' wonderful. Beer? What's not to like.

Service all three times was cheerful and prompt - although it can be a busy place during the dinner hour. Vegetarian options are available for non-carnivores, and there's a kid's menu for small fry. Stop into the small retail store for picking up pint glasses, t-shirts or a growler-to-go for your campsite, or the gelato freezer up front for a cone. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week: come in your cargos and boots.

The head-banging music on the website's home page is a bit much but you can hit the mute button. :)

Favorite Dish: Ribs. Yummy.

Moab Brewery
    • Beer Tasting

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Paradox Pizza: Cheap, quick, and filling

by AcornMan Written May 18, 2011

Paradox Pizza serves decent pizza that, while good, probably doesn't deserve the high ratings you might find for it by doing an internet search. Still, if you want a quick, filling meal that won't break the bank, it will do just fine.

• Hiking and Walking

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

The Moab Brewery: Moab's only brewery

by AcornMan Updated May 18, 2011

If you're looking for a fresh beer, the Moab Brewery is the only game in town. I thought the beer was good and the food was decent, but it's pretty typical pub food without much imagination. If all you're looking for is a meal and you don't care about the beer, you can certainly do better.

• Cycling

• Pasta Jay's: The BEST Pizza and Salad

by ElizabethFL Updated Apr 4, 2011

We saw this restaurant in a tourist book supplied by the hotel that we stayed at. We had just camped for a few weeks at Zion, Bryce, and Arches and were sick of eating canned campfire foods and was in the mood for a pizza. When we got to the restaurant you have an option to eat inside or outside on the patio. The patio looked inviting however we felt like eating in the comfort of air conditioning. We ordered the antipasta salad and paid extra for the gorgonzola cheese, and a pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. The salad was huge and was very good with their house dressing. The pizza was more of a thin crust with cheese almost all the way to the edge with very little crust. This meal was the best salad and pizza both me and my husband ever had! We still tell people about this restaurant, and when asked where our favorite pizza place is we tell them Pasta Jay's in Moab, Utah.

Instant Answers: Moab

Comments

Moab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moab sightseeing.