Moab Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Moab

• kimod74's Profile Photo

Denny's: Dirtiest, Nastiest Denny's I've Ever Eaten At!

by kimod74 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Good lord, where do I start. We ate at Denny's for lunch after we got to Moab as it was right across the parking lot from our hotel and we were hungry. After waiting awhile to be seated (no employees to greet you, finally one showed up), they seated us in a booth, as I was about to sit down I realized there was a bunch of food, noodles and crumbs, etc. in my seat. And the table was all dirty and gross. I asked the waiter if he could please get it cleaned up before I sat down, PLEASE. My first thought was "what the heck are they doing seating a customer in a dirty table to begin with"? Isn't that a cardinal sin in the restaurant business? Finally we got the seat and table cleaned up but it didn't feel clean to me. Upon looking around I noticed the floor was littered with food and trash, I mean littered, not just a couple of pieces here and there. All it would take was a little care from one of the employees to bring out the vacuum and clean it up. The food was gross, everything about the place was disgusting, along with the employees. I would not recommend eating at the Denny's in Moab, the one across from the Super 8 Motel off Highway 191!
    STAY AWAY!

Favorite Dish: Nothing. I have lost my appetite and don't think I will ever eat in a Denny's again!

• Center Cafe: Fun, Fabulous Dining in Moab

by partyholly Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have had many wonderful dinners at The Center Cafe. Dining at this restaurant is truly a memorable experience--the food is creative and delicious; presentation is inspiring; service is excellent; and the ambience is comfortable and relaxing.

The extensive wines-by-the-glass list is a great complement to the menu.

Favorite Dish: Some of our favorites are the crab cakes, mango quesadillas, lamb loin, and chocolate molten dessert.

Center Cafe dining room
    • Wine Tasting

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

La Hacieda: Another good Mexican eatery

by WinInZion Written Nov 1, 2010

This was recommended by a friend and it was so good we ate there twice in 5 nites. First you get ample portions and second the prices won't break you. They had friendly service, cold beer and provided chips and salsa. Seemed a lot of locals were eating here, especially our first night, which was a Sunday.

• WinInZion's Profile Photo

Miguel's Baja Grill: Mexican Delight

by WinInZion Updated Oct 29, 2010

This is a relatively small eatery in the center of downtown Moab. Even late in October there was a short wait but many shops were open so we browsed while waiting. We had four in our party and everyone really enjoyed their food. We ate in four different places during our stay and this was the best, it was also the priciest.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Slickrock Cafe: Nice Cafe with Good Food

by Basaic Written Jun 24, 2010

I think they call the decor factory chic. The staff looks transplanted from San Francisco. The menu is varied. Maybe a little pricey. They are a sister restaurant to Cassano's Italian Restaurant. The cafe gets its name from a pictograph of some type of creature.

Favorite Dish: I had meatloaf which I enjoyed. They serve wine, beer and mixed drinks to include a variety of Margaritas.

Slickrock Cafe
    • National/State Park

• Smitty's Steak House: Double "Yuck"!!

by straightshooter Written Nov 20, 2009

Ate here last night with my traveling buddy.
    We've both traveled extensively across the US. Ate at hundreds of cafe's and joints as well as restaurants and fast food.

I can honestly say...this is the worse food I've had in my years of traveling.
    Truly terrible...I had the house special. The so called "local favorite", chicken fried steak.

It was a plasticky pounded slab of "wanky" tasting meat. Served with potatoe buds, generic canned gravy and equally generic canned green beans.
    Also a homemade dinner roll?? How could one possibly make a terrible "home made" dinner roll.

Atmosphere lousy.

As far as the service, the elderly woman who served us was tolerable.
    But the other two service girls were very rude, openly gossiping about town's people and diners while snickering, giggling, whispering and rolling their eyes with impatience when they were called on to do their jobs?

A cook came out at one point and the entire staff, including elderly tolerable waitress began a viscious gossiping session complete with the foul gutter mouth language, right there on the restaurant floor.

To top that off, the price on the menu was substantially higher than the price advertised throughout town in various coupon books and handouts.

Terrible!

Favorite Dish: Nada!

Woody's Tavern: Tavern in Town Center

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 11, 2009

The meals were of burgers and Mexican and chips. Most prices looked to be $6-9 range and basic fare menu. A beer was only $3 for 16 oz

Favorite Dish: I did not try any after seeing the place and wondered the freshness of foods.

Front of the Place Mural on the side facing

Sunset Grill: Meal on the Mount

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

This place has a lot of history as much as serving food today. The place was the home of Charles Steen, who got rich finding uranium for the Government when it was needed in 1950's. He built this monument on top of the hill just north of town. His find changed to whole town that then got an influx of people to get rich like Charles who ended up about $60 million rich. Sold as a restaurant after the family did not want it, today it claims to be the best in town. I did not try it, but took pictures so you could find it and do so.

Favorite Dish: Who knows-I would have picked the Prime rib for $19. Prices are filet mignon for $24, salmon $18, shrimp scampi for $19.

• Beer Tasting

Rio Sports BAr & Grill: BAr with Food

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

They serve sandwiches and Mexican foods. The Mex ranged $7-9 for most meals. SAndwiches were 1/3 burger $5.50 and ranged up to $6.50. That is reasonable. Philly cheese was $6.
    Locals hang out here for a beer and food.

Favorite Dish: Philly cheese steak with fries was a good basic and tasty meal coming form a bar served by a tattoed guy with big rings in his ears. That was the weird part.

Row of patrons enjoying the game day

Jailhouse Cafe: Go to Jail-Do Not pass GAs

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

The food was at best average. Only open for breakfast and supposed to be at 8AM. So tell me where were they at 8:10 when I was there and had to wait-or not next time. The prices were outrageous for what you get. My meal was $8 without the bacon. A bowl of cereal was
    $7. Specials for the deluxe ran $11-and this is not dinner, but breakfast. Who ever herd of those prices other than New York?? NOt me. It stinks

Favorite Dish: Two eggs and potato fries and toast. It was just basic food-nothing special

Colorful Sign to Avoid

Milt's Stop & Eat Drive-In: Old FAshioned Drive-In

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

It really is not fast food since it takes 5-10 minutes to prepare most of the food ordered. But the wait is worth it. The single 1/4 lb burger was $ and 1/2 loaded $6. Hot dogs seemed to be the specials for people and all type for $3-5. SAndwiches are $6. The ice cream and cones and malts are the real draw. Cone is $12.0 and a malt $3.50

Favorite Dish: The burger and the malt were both what I wanted and it tasted good going down.

Milt-nothing has changed

Moab Diner: Diner Theme in Mid-town

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 11, 2009

I think the serve just average food. Based on appearances of patrons, and the looks on faces, they got food, but nothing to brag about. The service and waiters and managers are all too plentiful and not paying attention to the needs on the floor to serve customers. Not that it was bad, but I expected more attentive service in the small community and a diner is supposed to be fast, prompt and friendly. Well they need training.
    Breakfast run $6-7; lunch $6-7 and dinners $7-15 with the 10 oz steak being the top end. Most dinners are $9-10

Favorite Dish: Since I only had one visit, the best I got was liver and onions. Yeh-so-I had to try it since it had been maybe a decade to have a liver plate. It still is dry and tasteless for the most part, but I feel more healthy. Price was the best part for $7 and the tea $2.

Side entrance view Street view on Main Inside of counter service-takeout

Smitty's Golden Steakhouse: Steaks-and Basic Home meals

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

The steaks run range in cost of $26 for 24 oz porterhouse to $13 for 10 oz sirloin. They also have chicken fired steak for $8 ad ham steak the same price. The meal came with salad and potato of choice. Been in business for 30 years. I guess it is affiliated with the next door motel since ethey are connected.

Favorite Dish: The rib eye steak was tender and done right. It cost $117 for a 12 oz portion. They steaks looked good and the rest of the meals around appeared good.

Street sign Front entrance of restaurant

Slickrock Cafe: Slick on the Menu Fare

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

It seemed good to me for what I had. The others around me seemd pleased to be eating their meals.

Favorite Dish: Jug Handle Arch is not eating rock, but a piece of tilapia fish. It was a fair sized portion and got fires with it. Price was $11. Most entree prices range $11-21. Fish, shrimp, steaks, fried chicken, roast beef and pork are the mainstays. In addition they have salads of 6-8 varieties. and sandwiches $9-12 (pricey)

Corner entrance to restaurant

• madmax79's Profile Photo

Moab Brewery: The best service in town...

by madmax79 Written Jul 30, 2009

I tried to eat at several restaruants but found that good service was a scarce commodity in Moab. Courtney and Heather were both very attentive and friendly bartheders. I will definitely go back there on my next trip to Moab.

If you are from the flatlands, the beers will definitely get to you at this altitude but they are delicious!

Favorite Dish: The ribs and the rueben are great!

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Moab

Comments

Moab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moab sightseeing.