Moab Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Moab

Moab Diner: Diner Theme in Mid-town

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 11, 2009

Side entrance view

I think the serve just average food. Based on appearances of patrons, and the looks on faces, they got food, but nothing to brag about. The service and waiters and managers are all too plentiful and not paying attention to the needs on the floor to serve customers. Not that it was bad, but I expected more attentive service in the small community and a diner is supposed to be fast, prompt and friendly. Well they need training.
    Breakfast run $6-7; lunch $6-7 and dinners $7-15 with the 10 oz steak being the top end. Most dinners are $9-10

Favorite Dish: Since I only had one visit, the best I got was liver and onions. Yeh-so-I had to try it since it had been maybe a decade to have a liver plate. It still is dry and tasteless for the most part, but I feel more healthy. Price was the best part for $7 and the tea $2.

Slickrock Cafe: Slick on the Menu Fare

Corner entrance to restaurant

It seemed good to me for what I had. The others around me seemd pleased to be eating their meals.

Favorite Dish: Jug Handle Arch is not eating rock, but a piece of tilapia fish. It was a fair sized portion and got fires with it. Price was $11. Most entree prices range $11-21. Fish, shrimp, steaks, fried chicken, roast beef and pork are the mainstays. In addition they have salads of 6-8 varieties. and sandwiches $9-12 (pricey)

Smitty's Golden Steakhouse: Steaks-and Basic Home meals

Street sign

The steaks run range in cost of $26 for 24 oz porterhouse to $13 for 10 oz sirloin. They also have chicken fired steak for $8 ad ham steak the same price. The meal came with salad and potato of choice. Been in business for 30 years. I guess it is affiliated with the next door motel since ethey are connected.

Favorite Dish: The rib eye steak was tender and done right. It cost $117 for a 12 oz portion. They steaks looked good and the rest of the meals around appeared good.

Rio Sports BAr & Grill: BAr with Food

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

Row of patrons enjoying the game day

They serve sandwiches and Mexican foods. The Mex ranged $7-9 for most meals. SAndwiches were 1/3 burger $5.50 and ranged up to $6.50. That is reasonable. Philly cheese was $6.
    Locals hang out here for a beer and food.

Favorite Dish: Philly cheese steak with fries was a good basic and tasty meal coming form a bar served by a tattoed guy with big rings in his ears. That was the weird part.

Jailhouse Cafe: Best Breakfast in Moab

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

Located in a building that was once the courthouse for the area in the late 1800's it also served a jail for the defendants awaiting trial. Like any building converted into a restaurant the indoor seating is in small rooms which is fine. There is quite a bit of outdoor seating. The place only serves breakfast. When you specialize on one meal in tends to be good. Jailhouse is no exception. The food is excellent.

The staff is also very friendly and maybe the best I experience while in Moab. The food comes out fast and with a smile.

Favorite Dish: Each time I go to the Jailhouse I get the Jailhouse Chorizo Scramble. Their description, three lightly scrambled eggs with seasoned potatoes, strips of white corn tortilla and choriza sausage with sour cream and salsa. My description is pure pleasure. The chorizo has just the right amount of spice. Love it!

Milt's Stop & Eat Drive-In: Old FAshioned Drive-In

Milt-nothing has changed

It really is not fast food since it takes 5-10 minutes to prepare most of the food ordered. But the wait is worth it. The single 1/4 lb burger was $ and 1/2 loaded $6. Hot dogs seemed to be the specials for people and all type for $3-5. SAndwiches are $6. The ice cream and cones and malts are the real draw. Cone is $12.0 and a malt $3.50

Favorite Dish: The burger and the malt were both what I wanted and it tasted good going down.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Moab Brewery: Beer batter string beans!!!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This is a Brew pub, as the name states. Larger than most with a bar to the left and a large dining room to the right. High ceilings and lots of room. At the entrance there is a little store for gifts and an ice cream vendor. There is a discount on this after your meal.

I ate once in the bar are and another night in the dining area. The wait staff are very friendly and helpful. The night in the bar I had the Honey Almond Chicken. Its very good and a lot of food.

Later in the week I ate in the dining area. After a long day of mountain biking I opted for lighter fare and ordered a special I noted on a board when you enter. It was beer batter string beans and a chipolte dipping sauce. It was out of this world great! I also ordered the Hummus plate which was equally as good.

Favorite Dish: The beer batter string bean were so incredible I am trying to make them at home. What a great, unique idea.

I also really enjoyed a dessert I had, was some type of death by chocolate. Amazing!

• Desert
    • Adventure Travel

• setikeyvan's Profile Photo

The Peace Tree Juice Cafe: Tasty Food and a Healthy Bite

by setikeyvan Updated Sep 17, 2008

Peace Tree Juice Cafe

The Peace Tree Juice Cafe is a fabulous place to grab a healthy bite to eat. The staff is quite friendly and they have an extensive menu of healthy vegan, vegetarian and mainstream sandwiches and wraps. The ambience is simple and clean and the food is basic but complexly tasty! It's a self-serve kind of place, you order your food at the cash register and they call your name when it's ready.

I found out about this place on my third day in Moab. It was recommended by a local, who was not afraid to tell me which places to avoid. I am thrilled I tried it and, in my opinion, it's the best place to grab lunch in Moab, maybe even dinner if you're on a budget and like to eat early. I had lunch there on my fourth and fifth day in Moab (also had dinner there on my fifth day).

The cafe is open every day from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. They have a second location on Monticello, Utah.

The Peace Tree Cafe offers breakfast options, sandwiches, wraps, salads, healthy smoothies and organic espressos. I enjoyed all my meals at the Cafe. The portions are quite generous for the price and the food is really tasty. Even better, I felt healthy after my meal.

Favorite Dish: Leo's Wrap - Very tasty warm wrap that practically melts in your mouth. Accompanied by blue corn tortilla chips.
    Ingredients: Hummus, spouts, carrots, tomato, cucumber, artichokes and lettuce wrapped in a sun-dried tomato tortilla (source: The Peach Tree Juice Cafe)
    Price: $8.00 (August 2008)

Veggie Wrap - My favorite wrap with a side of blue corn tortilla chips.
    Ingredients: Avocado, sprouts, carrots, tomato, mushrooms, red onion, lettuce and choice of dressing. I picked a ranch pesto dressing. (source: The Peach Tree Juice Cafe)
    Price: $8.00 (August 2008)

Turkey Croissant Sandwich - Absolutely delicious! Warm puffy and buttery sandwich with tons of turkey goodness.
    Ingredients: Turkey, sprouts, tomato, red onion, lettuce and choice of dressing (source: The Peach Tree Juice Cafe)
    Price: $8.50 (August 2008)

This place was delicious! I wish there was one where I live!

Woody's Tavern: Tavern in Town Center

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 11, 2009

Front of the Place

The meals were of burgers and Mexican and chips. Most prices looked to be $6-9 range and basic fare menu. A beer was only $3 for 16 oz

Favorite Dish: I did not try any after seeing the place and wondered the freshness of foods.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Peace Tree Cafe: Don't miss the hummus platter!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

I've ate several meals here from breakfast lunch and dinner. There is ample seating indoor and on the porch outside. For dinner, make sure you get there early if the sun has not set because half the table will have you looking into the sun. Or arrive after sunset and there is no problem.

The have a good menu and extensive smoothie option. For dinner, I've had the pork loin, which was not really a pork loin but a pork chop without the bone. This was the only disappointing item.

The breakfast burrito is very good!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here is the Hummus Platter. Spicy red chili hummus with four tasty olives and a platter loaded pita triangles. The platter is accompanied by some lemon yogurt. As basic as it is, this is one of the best dishes I've had in Moab.

Week of 5/13/12 - update: Unfortunately they do not have the hummus platter any longer. But they do now have sweet potato fries! Very tasty!

Sunset Grill: Meal on the Mount

by BruceDunning Written Oct 11, 2009

This place has a lot of history as much as serving food today. The place was the home of Charles Steen, who got rich finding uranium for the Government when it was needed in 1950's. He built this monument on top of the hill just north of town. His find changed to whole town that then got an influx of people to get rich like Charles who ended up about $60 million rich. Sold as a restaurant after the family did not want it, today it claims to be the best in town. I did not try it, but took pictures so you could find it and do so.

Favorite Dish: Who knows-I would have picked the Prime rib for $19. Prices are filet mignon for $24, salmon $18, shrimp scampi for $19.

• Beer Tasting

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Eklecticafe': Unique and refreshing!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This place is great! It is a very small house converted into a restaurant that serves only breakfast and lunch. Inside has limited seating and the walls are covered with collectables and paintings you can browse and shop. There is more seating on the front deck and side. They have an amazing garden that was in full bloom. There is a giant tea cup in the front yard that has bubbling water and maybe a smoke machine or dry ice for the effect of hot coffee/tea.

They have a great unique way of serving the food. All orders are taken inside at the counter. After the order is placed, they give you a large plastic vegetable and you go find some seating. When you food is ready someone comes out with it and looks for your vegetable and serve your food, lol. Cool.

Favorite Dish: I ate breakfast once and lunch one time.

Breakfast - I had the breakfast burrito. It was very good and the only complaint I had was that the tortilla was too small and kept unraveling.

Lunch - I had the curry wrap. It was curry rice and chicken with vegetable. Make sure to get it with the yogurt dressing. It is too dry without. Again, good food but the wrap was too small and made a mess

Overall I love this place.

update - on 5/15/12 I tried the Huevos Rancheros. it was very good and fairly a lot of food for the price. I also had the breakfast burrito again another day on this trip. I didn't have the trouble with the tortilla coming apart this time, lol.

• Adventure Travel

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Love Muffin Cafe: Nice place for lunch!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

Basic place with a cool name open for breakfast and lunch. The service was very good. I arrived 10 minutes before closing and they allowed me to order and hang out to eat the food.

Favorite Dish: I had the kung-fu wrap which was baked tofu, sesame ginger vinaigrette and veggies. Very good! Would definitely order this again.

Recently went for breakfast a few time the week of 5/13/12. My new favorite dish is the whole wheat pancakes with banana and candied walnuts. Extremely good!

Singha: Authentic Thai

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant with great decor and service. The owner is very friendly. They are only open for dinner. It is a quiet place to relax and enjoy a meal. There is no outdoor seating.

The food is authentic. I eat a lot of Thai food. It is usually the first type of food I try and find. This is the only Thai food I found in Moab. It is good although the portions are just a little small. The food is served fast and hot.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Pad Cashew Nut. It was very good. I had it served with brown rice.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Slickrock Cafe: Great Burgers!

by blueskyjohn Updated Aug 10, 2013

This a small place right in the center of town. The bar is located in the front and has huge open area windows that make you feel like you are out on a patio. The staff is very friendly and on Friday and Saturday they have some live local entertainment. A lot of locals hang out here at the bare area. Very cool place.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the BBQ Monterrey Burger. I've had this many times and always perfectly cooked, as well as the fries.

Instant Answers: Moab

Comments

Moab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moab sightseeing.