Monument Valley State Park Shopping

Shopping experience of a lifetime
    by Assenczo

Most Recent Shopping in Monument Valley State Park

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Excellent Shop in the View Hotel

by vichatherly Written Apr 1, 2011

The shop in View Hotel is excellent. It stocks the usual tee shirts and sweatshirts, but also it has some really nice local crafts made by the local Navajo residents.

We bought a really nice soapstone chieftain. My wife nearly gave into the temptation of a cowboy hat, but then couldn't think of anywhere that she would wear it again. She's not really into line dancing.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

ROADSIDE STANDS: NATIVE CRAFTS

by LoriPori Written Oct 17, 2009

One thing you will notice in the areas around Monument Valley, are the abundance of ROADSIDE STANDS selling Native American crafts. It's mostly turquoise stones set in sterling silver. Also jewelry with colorful beads, in the shape of earrings, necklaces, rings and bracelets. I'm always intrigued by what they have to sell and cannot resist looking at their offerings and craftmanship, esp the turquoise jewelry. Most have decent prices, but don't always pay what they initially ask for.

One of many roadside stands

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

local merchant trinkets: Cowboys & Indians

by richiecdisc Updated Sep 2, 2009

I thought this little shop conveniently located near the Artist's Point was interesting mostly for its sign outside. Now, I liked John Wayne as much as anyone as a kid but I found it incongruous that his picture be bigger than Geronomo's who was a real life hero amongst his people. I did however like that he was emblazoned on an American flag since he is, after all, an American. It's a shame we didn't learn much about him in history class when I was growing up. Maybe kids do learn it now. This park could be a place where that history lesson starts and it's time they start doing it.

the pilgrim gets lost
    • Photography

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Monument Valley Trading Post: Authentic native Indian Crafts; jewelry

by jumpingnorman Updated Jun 21, 2009

They have given a name to the gift shop within this huge hotel right in Monument Valley Tribal Park. It is called appropriately the Monument Valley Trading Post.

What struck me most was the amazing Native Indian jewelry in the center. Fortunately, my wife was busy eating ice cream with the kids at the time, hehehe…But I also noted that this was an excellent place to get authentic certified licensed handmade Indian Arts and Crafts.
    The trading post boasts one of the largest Navajo rug collections – I like looking at the brilliant colors and it seems the weavers bring them directly to this store.

They also have one-of-a-kind artifacts which can be a bit expensive --- including souvenirs of Hollywood movies shot on location at Monument Valley.

What to buy: Native Indian authentic crafts, jewelry

Monument Valley Trading Post, Utah Monument Valley Trading Post, Utah Monument Valley Trading Post, Utah View from Monument Valley Trading Post, Utah

Suzzie's Hogan: Navajo Rugs

by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly Written Sep 21, 2006

Suzzie, the Navajo old lady is living in her hogan inside the Monument Valley State Park. Inside her hogan, she is selling jewelry and rugs she made by herself. While we visited her, she is demonstrating her skills in making the rugs.

What to buy: Local crafts, jewelry, rugs.

What to pay: Cheaper than at craft shops.

Rugs handmade by Suzzie Suzzie's demonstrating her skills

Trading Post: Price Tells Quality

by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly Written Sep 21, 2006

Price tells quality. The Trading Post sells higher quality merchandises, of course with higher prices also.

What to buy: Local crafts

Goulding Trading Post

Kiosk Inside The Park: Navajo Handmade Jewelry

by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly Written Sep 21, 2006

The sellers just set up several simple tables with the merchandises on them.

What to buy: Navajo handmade jewelry.

What to pay: The prices are much cheaper compared to at the crafts shops.

Instant Answers: Monument Valley State Park

Comments

Monument Valley State Park Shopping

Reviews and photos of Monument Valley State Park shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Monument Valley State Park sightseeing.

View all Monument Valley State Park hotels