Places to eat in Utah

Trio of Game with Scalloped Potatoes
    Molten Chocolate Cake

Most Viewed Restaurants in Utah

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

The Swingin' Steak: Swinging eats!

by HispanicYob Written May 17, 2014

Dining under the stars always makes for some great eats and adds to the atmosphere of the place. That's exactly what me and my friends did when we were in Mexican Hat. Right next to the Mexican Hat Lodge is the Swingin' Steak.

It was night when we came and pretty chilly out. But there are fire pits and of course the smell of the steaks cooking as they cook over a swinging grill! Each cut of meat is cooked with care and seasoned just right. The place is mostly outdoor, and there weren't many people around when we threw our grub. That it's located in one of the most tranquil places on earth makes it that much more special. Of course, in tourist season it might be a different story. I suggest going when it's the off season for a much better experience!

Favorite Dish: I had a sirloin with salad and baked potato and that is good eats son!

Swingin' Steak The outside of Mexican Hat Lodge A friend that was chilling around the place The dish!
    • Singles

Amigo's: Mexican Food in Springdale

by Basaic Written Aug 30, 2012

Amigo's is on the main street through town near the entrance to Zion National Park. They serve a variety of Mexican dishes, and serve Margaritas (mine was a little weak and expensive). If weather permits, sit on the patio. The food was good and the service was okay. Worth a try.

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/e4221/d7a65/2/#ixzz2540HTupX

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my Enchilada Platter.

Amigo's

Historic Pioneer Restaurant: Historic Restaurant in Springdale

by Basaic Written Aug 30, 2012

The decor was an interesting bit of nostalgia. Looked like an old farm. They had a neat old bicycle, the type with a very large front wheel and a small back wheel and something I have never seen before. It looked like a child's version of the bicycle. Staff was okay.

Favorite Dish: I had Lasagna which was average.

Historic Pioneer Restaurant

Harold's Place Restaurant: Good Food, Friendly People in Panguitch

by Basaic Written Aug 29, 2012

This place was associated with the hotel I stayed at. The decor is simple. The menu is fairly varied. I had the fish and shrimp plate, with a Cream of Carrot Soup. The main dish was better than average and the soup was very tasty. Portions were maybe a little small.

Restaurant

Slickrock Cafe: Very Good Food in Moab

by Basaic Written Aug 29, 2012

I think they call the decor factory chic. The staff looks transplanted from San Francisco. The menu is varied. Maybe a little pricey. They are a sister restaurant to Cassano's Italian Restaurant. The cafe gets its name from a pictograph of some type of creature.

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1ff4c8/#ixzz24ygUVTiB

Favorite Dish: I had meatloaf which I enjoyed. They serve wine, beer and mixed drinks to include a variety of Margaritas.

Slickrock Cafe
    • Wine Tasting

Spin Cafe: Very Nice Cafe in Heber City

by Basaic Written Aug 29, 2012

The decor was modern and eclectic. My waitress, Sarah, was cute with a great smile and was a very good waitress. The menu is fairly varied, too. I enjoyed my Memphis BBQ Spaghetti (Shredded Pork and Beef in a BBQ Sauce over Spaghetti). $15 as of August 2012.

Spin Cafe Inside
    • Wine Tasting

Old Tymers Restaurant: Good Food and Atmosphere in Blanding

by Basaic Written Aug 29, 2012

Old Tymers Restaurant has an old/country/nostalgic theme. There are old tractors out front, a nice old west mural, saddle for seats at the bar, and what looks like old family photos on the walls. They had a few different items on the menu and a soup and salad bar. The staff was attentive enough.

Favorite Dish: I had some good grilled Tilapia (except they were a little heavy on the lemon for my taste). Not sure if they actually serve alcohol, I didn't see any.

Old Tymers Restaurant Old Tired Tractor Neat Mural Saddle Bar Stool
    • Beer Tasting

• Segolily's Profile Photo

Road Island Diner: A place from the past

by Segolily Updated Dec 23, 2011

I have not been able to eat here yet since I seem to only get up there the days they are closed (don't show up on Tuesday)

This little diner has quite a history and was relocated to a fairly isolated part of the state. But from all I hear it is worth making the detour to it from Park City or Kamas/ Mirror Lake area.

• emw.weaver's Profile Photo

La Veracruzana: Authentic Mexican in the Desert

by emw.weaver Written Dec 18, 2011

This unassuming building in the middle of Green River has the best/the only mexican for miles. Owned and operated by a local husband and wife, the food is authentic and fantastic. The outside recently got a facelift with new paint and signage. The inside isn't very fancy, but honestly nothing in Green River is.

Favorite Dish: Chicken quesadilla or authentic open face tacos.

• Rafting
    • Desert
    • Adventure Travel

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon: Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place was right around the corner practically where I was staying at. I dined here twice. I enjoyed the food and decor a lot! They have a huge selection and the waiters/waitresses are wonderful. I think you will enjoy eating here!

Favorite Dish: Let's see.....I think I had steak again....lol! Another wonderful chain of restaurants to enjoy! I had the typical steak dinner with salad and potato. It was yummy ofcourse. I enjoyed the decor also. Cannot miss at this place.

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

The Salt Lake Roasting Company: Great Morning Start

by RoscoeGregg Updated Jan 16, 2011

In my humble opinion one of the best spots for morning coffee in the U.S. Get a cup and a bit to eat very early in the morning. Go up stairs and watch the sun rise cast light on the mountians. Open early and late. Great for after the fantastic Salt Lake Opera or Ballet.

The staff can be a little standoffish. But do not let that keep you away. They have pretty good pasteries and soups for lunch.

Great reuse of an old building! Nice seating outside.

Favorite Dish: On a hot summer afternoon get the Bannana Esspresso Frapee'. It only comes in sets of two and really hits the spot. Otherwise coffee and pasteries. If you are from a town with softer water you will nitoce that the coffee is a bit more astrengent. Just embrace it as part of visiting the desert.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Prairie Schooner: Rustic Dinninig and Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Written Apr 16, 2010

I remember the decor being so awesome, because it was right up my alley..lol! I loved it very much. It was very inviting and confortable. The waitresses were so wonderful and friendly. The food and drinks were great! I do not think you will disappointed in this place at all.

Favorite Dish: You have a huge selection of Steak Dinners and I do not remember specially which one, but all I know is that I enjoyed it alot and it was priced so reasonable too:-)

Melina's: Good food!

by Yaqui Written Apr 16, 2010

This is a very nice restaurant. I enjoyed the decor and enjoyed the food. The services was not bad at all. It was nice because it was right across the street from my hotel, which is always a plus.

Favorite Dish: I had the typical Enchilada dinner which was pretty good, not great, but good!

• Segolily's Profile Photo

Log Haven: Romance in the mountains

by Segolily Written Dec 5, 2009

I love this place. It is classy and beautiful. Just driving up the canyon to get there helps the cares of the day slip away. The food has always been good, but I'm not a great food critic, so won't comment more on that. I've been to a few weddings here and they've always been wonderful. If you are looking for somewhere special consider Log Haven, the restaurant in Millcreek Canyon

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

OLD TYMER RESTAURANT: RESTAURANT IN BLANDING UTAH

by LoriPori Updated Oct 19, 2009

Thursday, October 1, 2009
    Ok, we're all settled into our Motel, now it's time to have a bite to eat. Not too far away from our Motel, there was a restaurant on Main Street that we had noticed when we first drove into town. We first looked at their menu and then decided upon the OLD TYMER RESTAURANT.
    I ordered the BBQ prime rib sandwich, at $7.95 which was just okay and came with seasoned fries. There was more spicy sauce in it than meat. Hans ordered half-rack of spare ribs ($15.95) which he said was just okay, but also corn bread and the salad bar came with it. The place was decorated with western memorabilia and farm implements, inside and outside.

Old Tymer Restaurant Old Farm tractor outside Western decor inside Bar area

Torrey Hotels
12 Reviews - 35 Photos
Yuba Lake State Recreation Area Hotels

Instant Answers: Utah

Comments

Utah Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Utah restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Utah sightseeing.
Map of Utah