Places to eat in Utah

Most Viewed Restaurants in Utah

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Roosters Brewing Company And Restaurant: Great Food!

by Yaqui Written Jun 12, 2009

I would have to say I really enjoyed eating here. I enjoyed the food and the beer was excellent. They had some really unique names for their brews....lol! I did have a snotty hostess because she got angry about me NOT wanting to sit at a little lone table in the corner. So I requested to sit in a booth since they had many open. I did complain and it seems she was doing this a lot. So she was dismissed. Sorry, don't feel sorry for her one bit. Your a customer and should be treated as such. It's your hard earned money, so why spend it on a place that has snotty help. Anyways, I think you will enjoy this place because of the great food and beer. So check it out!

Favorite Dish: I kind of stuck with the sandwiches for their low calories. I enjoyed them!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Any Utah National or State Park Campground: why eat out?

by richiecdisc Updated Jul 17, 2009

I hate to admit it but I've spent over six weeks in Utah in three different trips and have only eaten out three times. It's not that the state doesn't have any decent places to eat, it's just that it's nature supersedes everything else. The campgrounds of the state's National and State parks as a rule are superlative. With such amazing scenery it comes as no surprise but they go the extra mile and make things very easy to just hang out. The state parks in particular seem to think of everything to make you comfortable from great areas to cook to covered picnic tables.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast can be a quick bowl of cereal if we're hitting the trails early or a relaxed pancake feast with maple syrup and fresh brewed coffee. Lunches can be simply nuts and dried fruit if hiking or lunch meats and cheese with local bread when we can find it. We tend to cook a lot of whole wheat pasta dishes with either beans or tuna as protein sources for dinner. We like to try local beers and I am always on the lookout at the super market for something I've never had.

cooking up a storm at Kodachrome State Park
    • Camping
    • Beer Tasting

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

OLD TYMER RESTAURANT: RESTAURANT IN BLANDING UTAH

by LoriPori Updated Oct 19, 2009

Thursday, October 1, 2009
    Ok, we're all settled into our Motel, now it's time to have a bite to eat. Not too far away from our Motel, there was a restaurant on Main Street that we had noticed when we first drove into town. We first looked at their menu and then decided upon the OLD TYMER RESTAURANT.
    I ordered the BBQ prime rib sandwich, at $7.95 which was just okay and came with seasoned fries. There was more spicy sauce in it than meat. Hans ordered half-rack of spare ribs ($15.95) which he said was just okay, but also corn bread and the salad bar came with it. The place was decorated with western memorabilia and farm implements, inside and outside.

Old Tymer Restaurant Old Farm tractor outside Western decor inside Bar area

Shooting Star Saloon: Utah's oldest continuous operating saloon

by Segolily Updated Sep 10, 2009

This is a bar, no one under 21, but you can come for the hamburgers as well. They were in the running for the state's best, but lost out to some new age version in Park City. Open since 1879 it is the oldest continuous running saloon in the state, it is a wonder that Huntsville could support a saloon that long. Don't expect fine dining, or anything even close. You come here after a day on the water or slopes or rustling cattle or herding sheep, it is all the same to the staff.

Check out the signed bills on the ceiling, the stuffed animals around the room, plug in some money to the juke box, play some pool. Relax with your friends in the small but casual atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Try out the Shooting Star burger with knackwurst,,,or just have the double bacon cheese. Bring cash, no plastic cards accepted.

Ray's Tavern: River Runner Home

by Segolily Written Mar 21, 2009

This looks like a dive, but you can bring the whole family. The folks that run it are dedicated to their jobs. The tables are thick wood tree planks, food is good, beer is plentiful, and you are welcome to lay back and play some pool for awhile. It is a treasured tradition to end your river trip here, and believe me the food tastes so much like heaven after a week of river food that you will come back forever.

Favorite Dish: Hamburgers are big and hearty, fries are homemade, shakes are thick and flavorful. It is just good old American food.

Melina's: Good food!

by Yaqui Written Apr 16, 2010

This is a very nice restaurant. I enjoyed the decor and enjoyed the food. The services was not bad at all. It was nice because it was right across the street from my hotel, which is always a plus.

Favorite Dish: I had the typical Enchilada dinner which was pretty good, not great, but good!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon: Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place was right around the corner practically where I was staying at. I dined here twice. I enjoyed the food and decor a lot! They have a huge selection and the waiters/waitresses are wonderful. I think you will enjoy eating here!

Favorite Dish: Let's see.....I think I had steak again....lol! Another wonderful chain of restaurants to enjoy! I had the typical steak dinner with salad and potato. It was yummy ofcourse. I enjoyed the decor also. Cannot miss at this place.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Prairie Schooner: Rustic Dinninig and Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Written Apr 16, 2010

I remember the decor being so awesome, because it was right up my alley..lol! I loved it very much. It was very inviting and confortable. The waitresses were so wonderful and friendly. The food and drinks were great! I do not think you will disappointed in this place at all.

Favorite Dish: You have a huge selection of Steak Dinners and I do not remember specially which one, but all I know is that I enjoyed it alot and it was priced so reasonable too:-)

Road Island Diner: A place from the past

by Segolily Updated Dec 23, 2011

I have not been able to eat here yet since I seem to only get up there the days they are closed (don't show up on Tuesday)

This little diner has quite a history and was relocated to a fairly isolated part of the state. But from all I hear it is worth making the detour to it from Park City or Kamas/ Mirror Lake area.

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

The Salt Lake Roasting Company: Great Morning Start

by RoscoeGregg Updated Jan 16, 2011

In my humble opinion one of the best spots for morning coffee in the U.S. Get a cup and a bit to eat very early in the morning. Go up stairs and watch the sun rise cast light on the mountians. Open early and late. Great for after the fantastic Salt Lake Opera or Ballet.

The staff can be a little standoffish. But do not let that keep you away. They have pretty good pasteries and soups for lunch.

Great reuse of an old building! Nice seating outside.

Favorite Dish: On a hot summer afternoon get the Bannana Esspresso Frapee'. It only comes in sets of two and really hits the spot. Otherwise coffee and pasteries. If you are from a town with softer water you will nitoce that the coffee is a bit more astrengent. Just embrace it as part of visiting the desert.

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

The Swingin' Steak: Swinging eats!

by HispanicYob Written May 17, 2014

Dining under the stars always makes for some great eats and adds to the atmosphere of the place. That's exactly what me and my friends did when we were in Mexican Hat. Right next to the Mexican Hat Lodge is the Swingin' Steak.

It was night when we came and pretty chilly out. But there are fire pits and of course the smell of the steaks cooking as they cook over a swinging grill! Each cut of meat is cooked with care and seasoned just right. The place is mostly outdoor, and there weren't many people around when we threw our grub. That it's located in one of the most tranquil places on earth makes it that much more special. Of course, in tourist season it might be a different story. I suggest going when it's the off season for a much better experience!

Favorite Dish: I had a sirloin with salad and baked potato and that is good eats son!

Swingin' Steak The outside of Mexican Hat Lodge A friend that was chilling around the place The dish!
    • Singles

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo

The Garden

by Jeannette1 Written Sep 26, 2004

On the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building is this wonderful restaurant with great food, superb friendly service and a beautiful view.
    It's owned by the Mormon Church, so there is no alcoholic beverages or even coffee.

Joseph Smith Building
    • Architecture

• Moab Brewery: Best food in Moab

by MDPhotoSafari Written Nov 1, 2003

This small restaurant offers southwestern style food along with an assortment of microbrewed beers. A favorite with locals and the "outdoors" crowd, it is usually packed especially during mountain biking events and peak periods.

The food is excellent, we ate there nearly every day for a week and didn't find a thing to complain about.

Favorite Dish: Black bean soup was the best I have ever had, burgers and grilled chicken sandwiches were great, as were the salads.

For a refreshing brew, try the Elephant Hill

• Beer Tasting

• emw.weaver's Profile Photo

La Veracruzana: Authentic Mexican in the Desert

by emw.weaver Written Dec 18, 2011

This unassuming building in the middle of Green River has the best/the only mexican for miles. Owned and operated by a local husband and wife, the food is authentic and fantastic. The outside recently got a facelift with new paint and signage. The inside isn't very fancy, but honestly nothing in Green River is.

Favorite Dish: Chicken quesadilla or authentic open face tacos.

• Rafting
    • Desert

Red Iguana: Voted Best Mexican

by Segolily Written Mar 21, 2009

This little tiny building can really pack 'em in. This is traditional Mexican, not repackaged TexMex or Americanized. Come early to avoid long waits to sit, expect quick friendly service, no space, little tables, plentiful servings and good food.

Favorite Dish: Known for its Fish Tacos and Fried Ice Cream, I don't know if I've tried anything else.

Utah Hotels

11 Reviews - 28 Photos
Green River Hotels
34 Reviews - 110 Photos

Instant Answers: Utah

Comments

Utah Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Utah restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Utah sightseeing.
Map of Utah