Places to eat in Utah

by Yaqui
    by Yaqui

Most Viewed Restaurants in Utah

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Roosters Brewing Company And Restaurant: Great Food!

by Yaqui Written Jun 12, 2009

I would have to say I really enjoyed eating here. I enjoyed the food and the beer was excellent. They had some really unique names for their brews....lol! I did have a snotty hostess because she got angry about me NOT wanting to sit at a little lone table in the corner. So I requested to sit in a booth since they had many open. I did complain and it seems she was doing this a lot. So she was dismissed. Sorry, don't feel sorry for her one bit. Your a customer and should be treated as such. It's your hard earned money, so why spend it on a place that has snotty help. Anyways, I think you will enjoy this place because of the great food and beer. So check it out!

Favorite Dish: I kind of stuck with the sandwiches for their low calories. I enjoyed them!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Any Utah National or State Park Campground: why eat out?

by richiecdisc Updated Jul 17, 2009

I hate to admit it but I've spent over six weeks in Utah in three different trips and have only eaten out three times. It's not that the state doesn't have any decent places to eat, it's just that it's nature supersedes everything else. The campgrounds of the state's National and State parks as a rule are superlative. With such amazing scenery it comes as no surprise but they go the extra mile and make things very easy to just hang out. The state parks in particular seem to think of everything to make you comfortable from great areas to cook to covered picnic tables.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast can be a quick bowl of cereal if we're hitting the trails early or a relaxed pancake feast with maple syrup and fresh brewed coffee. Lunches can be simply nuts and dried fruit if hiking or lunch meats and cheese with local bread when we can find it. We tend to cook a lot of whole wheat pasta dishes with either beans or tuna as protein sources for dinner. We like to try local beers and I am always on the lookout at the super market for something I've never had.

• Beer Tasting
    • Camping

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

OLD TYMER RESTAURANT: RESTAURANT IN BLANDING UTAH

by LoriPori Updated Oct 19, 2009

Thursday, October 1, 2009
    Ok, we're all settled into our Motel, now it's time to have a bite to eat. Not too far away from our Motel, there was a restaurant on Main Street that we had noticed when we first drove into town. We first looked at their menu and then decided upon the OLD TYMER RESTAURANT.
    I ordered the BBQ prime rib sandwich, at $7.95 which was just okay and came with seasoned fries. There was more spicy sauce in it than meat. Hans ordered half-rack of spare ribs ($15.95) which he said was just okay, but also corn bread and the salad bar came with it. The place was decorated with western memorabilia and farm implements, inside and outside.

Shooting Star Saloon: Utah's oldest continuous operating saloon

by Segolily Updated Sep 10, 2009

This is a bar, no one under 21, but you can come for the hamburgers as well. They were in the running for the state's best, but lost out to some new age version in Park City. Open since 1879 it is the oldest continuous running saloon in the state, it is a wonder that Huntsville could support a saloon that long. Don't expect fine dining, or anything even close. You come here after a day on the water or slopes or rustling cattle or herding sheep, it is all the same to the staff.

Check out the signed bills on the ceiling, the stuffed animals around the room, plug in some money to the juke box, play some pool. Relax with your friends in the small but casual atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Try out the Shooting Star burger with knackwurst,,,or just have the double bacon cheese. Bring cash, no plastic cards accepted.

• Adventure Travel

Twin Rocks Cafe: cafe and museum

by vtveen Written Apr 17, 2009

After a drive through the Valley of the Gods we were looking for a coffee and we absolutely couldn’t miss the huge ‘twin rocks’ in Bluff which is the location for Twin Rocks Cafe. We ordered our coffee and an apple crumble pie; I have to say the coffee was just a common one, but the pie was the best we had during our trip in Arizona/Utah.
    Be aware when travelling in this part of Utah you will not too many cafes !!

Next to the café is the Twin Rocks Trading Post/Museum with a huge collection of Native folk art like jewelry, baskets, pottery and rugs.

Favorite Dish: For us without any doubt: apple crumble pie

Mexican Hat – Olde Bridge Grille: American and Navajo dishes

by vtveen Updated Oct 27, 2009

Staying in the San Juan Inn in Mexican hat there is not too much choice for your dinner. So we decided for the ‘Olde Bridge Grille’ on the premises of the inn. It is a rather small and cosy restaurant (why should it be bigger in tiny Mexican Hat ??) with friendly and helpful staff.

Everything did sound so Mexican and we decided for a ‘Mexican Taco’. My wife did like it, but it turned out not to be my favourite dish. But with a nice dinner salad and two huge ice creams there was no reason to complain.
    They are serving a full American menu as well as Navajo dishes.

(Next morning we had our custom-made breakfast also in this restaurant.)

The ‘best’ thing is that you are allowed to have a beer or glass of wine with your dinner (the restaurant is located just outside the Navajo Indian Reservation).

Ray's Tavern: River Runner Home

by Segolily Written Mar 21, 2009

This looks like a dive, but you can bring the whole family. The folks that run it are dedicated to their jobs. The tables are thick wood tree planks, food is good, beer is plentiful, and you are welcome to lay back and play some pool for awhile. It is a treasured tradition to end your river trip here, and believe me the food tastes so much like heaven after a week of river food that you will come back forever.

Favorite Dish: Hamburgers are big and hearty, fries are homemade, shakes are thick and flavorful. It is just good old American food.

• Adventure Travel

Melina's: Good food!

by Yaqui Written Apr 16, 2010

This is a very nice restaurant. I enjoyed the decor and enjoyed the food. The services was not bad at all. It was nice because it was right across the street from my hotel, which is always a plus.

Favorite Dish: I had the typical Enchilada dinner which was pretty good, not great, but good!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon: Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place was right around the corner practically where I was staying at. I dined here twice. I enjoyed the food and decor a lot! They have a huge selection and the waiters/waitresses are wonderful. I think you will enjoy eating here!

Favorite Dish: Let's see.....I think I had steak again....lol! Another wonderful chain of restaurants to enjoy! I had the typical steak dinner with salad and potato. It was yummy ofcourse. I enjoyed the decor also. Cannot miss at this place.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Prairie Schooner: Rustic Dinninig and Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Written Apr 16, 2010

I remember the decor being so awesome, because it was right up my alley..lol! I loved it very much. It was very inviting and confortable. The waitresses were so wonderful and friendly. The food and drinks were great! I do not think you will disappointed in this place at all.

Favorite Dish: You have a huge selection of Steak Dinners and I do not remember specially which one, but all I know is that I enjoyed it alot and it was priced so reasonable too:-)

Road Island Diner: A place from the past

by Segolily Updated Dec 23, 2011

I have not been able to eat here yet since I seem to only get up there the days they are closed (don't show up on Tuesday)

This little diner has quite a history and was relocated to a fairly isolated part of the state. But from all I hear it is worth making the detour to it from Park City or Kamas/ Mirror Lake area.

Kanab - Parry Lodge Restaurant: dining like the movie stars

by vtveen Written Oct 27, 2009

Strolling round ‘downtown’ Kanab we couldn’t find a decent restaurant (closed or too expensive), so we decided having our evening meal at the restaurant of Parry Lodge, where we stayed for the night.

The dining room is situated in the old Victorian building and has its own charm and character with old-fashioned flowery wallpaper, some more or less ‘frumpy’ lamps, formal layout and decorated with many (signed) pictures of movie stars who dined here.

The menu is not that extensive with a lot of steaks and chicken, but we ordered a rainbow trout; this entrée included ‘a trip’ to the soup and salad bar. We could wash down our tasteful meal with a cold glass of house wine, which was very reasonably priced (USD 3,50). Our friendly waiter recommended an ‘apple dump’ for dessert and that was a real delight !!
    Be aware the restaurant is only open during summer season !!

Favorite Dish: If staying somewhere else in Kanab I would highly recommend visiting Parry Lodge for lunch or dinner to a get a glimpse of the old movie atmosphere in the ‘dining room of the stars’.

Moab - Slickrock Café: the best food since days

by vtveen Updated Oct 27, 2009

Coming from our accommodation Slickrock Café was the first ‘restaurant‘ we saw in the centre of Moab. After a long journey, finding a new accommodation and freshing up ourselves, we didn’t feel like looking for another one and decided to give it a try.

We don’t regret our choice. Slickrock Café is a rather small restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere and very helpful and enthusiastic (sometimes a little bit too ..) staff. The menu is rather expensive and various. We ordered ‘Tilapia’; it had a spicy sauce and was served with rice. To be honest it was very tasteful and with a glass of wine it was by far our best meal since days in Southwest America.
    (We were very satisfied and had another dinner during our last night in Moab, which was again very good.)

Favorite Dish: "Jug Handle Arch", which is a Tilapia fillet, cooked in a savory Southwestern Chipotle sauce.

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

The Salt Lake Roasting Company: Great Morning Start

by RoscoeGregg Updated Jan 16, 2011

In my humble opinion one of the best spots for morning coffee in the U.S. Get a cup and a bit to eat very early in the morning. Go up stairs and watch the sun rise cast light on the mountians. Open early and late. Great for after the fantastic Salt Lake Opera or Ballet.

The staff can be a little standoffish. But do not let that keep you away. They have pretty good pasteries and soups for lunch.

Great reuse of an old building! Nice seating outside.

Favorite Dish: On a hot summer afternoon get the Bannana Esspresso Frapee'. It only comes in sets of two and really hits the spot. Otherwise coffee and pasteries. If you are from a town with softer water you will nitoce that the coffee is a bit more astrengent. Just embrace it as part of visiting the desert.

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo

The Garden

by Jeannette1 Written Sep 26, 2004

On the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building is this wonderful restaurant with great food, superb friendly service and a beautiful view.
    It's owned by the Mormon Church, so there is no alcoholic beverages or even coffee.

• Architecture

6 Reviews - 28 Photos
Hurricane Hotels
5 Reviews - 8 Photos

Instant Answers: Utah

Comments

Utah Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Utah restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Utah sightseeing.
Map of Utah