Bambara Restaurant, Salt Lake City

202 S. Main St. 801-363-5454

Bambara Interior
    by janicewilson
  • janicewilson's Profile Photo

Bambara Restaurant: Perfectly composed!

by janicewilson Updated Jul 9, 2006

Bambara Interior

Food. The main entrees were a surprising and ultimately symphonic composition!

Ambience. Blithely chic.

Service. Excellent. Well versed on the menu, and despite an absent sommelier, the waitstaff made competent suggestions re wine pairings.

Dress. Blithely chic.

Price. Price corresponds to quality of cuisine. A bit pricey, but justifiably so.

Favorite Dish: Here's what my husband and I "shared":

Bleu Cheese House Cut Potato Chips - hand sliced potatoes, fresh poignant bleu cheese and a bit of cabernet. Casual decadence!

Pan Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée, Caviar Beurre Blanc, Port Wine Syrup, Shaved Fennel Slaw - the scallops were seasoned and seared perfectly. Literally melted in my mouth. But as good as the scallops were, I couldn't focus on 'em. Parsnip Purée (potato based) ingeniously infused infused with caviar? Brilliant. And a textural delight!

Grilled Filet Mignon, Maytag Blue Cheese & Applewood Smoked Bacon Au Gratin Potatoes, Roasted Shallot-Cabernet Wine Sauce - this was my husband's dish and he wasn't inclined to share. I did manage a small bit of the filet. Lovely and perfectly cooked to order (medium rare).

Dessert Sampler - at this point my husband and I are dying. We were full after the abundant chips. But the food's so damn good, we couldn't stop. And besides, the dessert sampler is a bargain! $15 (the price of one dessert is $8) for 6 desserts. And all but the creme brulée were regular sized offerings. Not huge brulée fan, but I liked the creative infusion of coconut and strawberries (sacrilege to some). Bamabara's flourless chocolate cake drizzled with rasberries is among the best I've had and I greatly enjoyed the sorbets.

Instant Answers: Salt Lake City

Comments

Hotels Near Bambara Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars