Places to eat in Salt Lake City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Salt Lake City

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

Taqueria El Rey de Oros: Real Tacos

by Ekahau Updated Jun 19, 2013

Now this is real Mexican a real deal- the real deal - a family run place with real personality and a Mexican Juke box to boot just like a great place in Mexico. The tacos are amazing, and my personal favorite there is the Cocktail de Camaron y Pulpo!

What is so wonderful about so many of these small Mexican restaurants all over America is the families that run them, real people ,wonderful people. Their kids that work after school or weekends if you take the time to talk with them they are are future. the daughter of one small mexican place I ate at in SLC had just finishing up pre law and admitted to Harvard law school. I love to eat at these place real food real people or in VT the people behind the places.

Favorite Dish: Tacos Al Pastor (“shepherd style”) these most likely came from Lebanese immigrants to Mexico who mixed the Shawarma right into Mexican food. and like most food that moves from one place to another, changes are made to include all sort of locally available ingredients. In this case, the meats were flavored with various chili peppers

tacos  Taqueria El Rey de Oros Taqueria El Rey de Oros Taqueria El Rey de Oros Taqueria El Rey de Oros Taqueria El Rey de Oros
    • Adventure Travel

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

Tamales Tita: Darn Fine Tamales

by Ekahau Updated Jun 19, 2013

You eat here you will be a raging -- I mean raging fan of tamales!! these are as good as it gets anywhere in the world. Tita sell tamales at the Restaurant but also have a truck that sells at the farmers market. Pork or Chick an not go wrong with either for sure.

Favorite Dish: Pork tamale made from roast pork added flavor, top with either some of the red sauce used to prepare or my favorite, green chili sauce with pork, Chile Verde Con Cerdo (Green Chili With Pork). Serve with sides of Spanish rice, refried beans topped with cheese.

Tamales Tita Tamales Tita Tamales Tita Tamales Tita
    • Adventure Travel

• MicheleH's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrel: A taste of the good old days

by MicheleH Written Jun 18, 2013

It is like walking into an old country store. As soon as you walk through the front door someone greets you. If you are interested in shopping in the store, they will show you highlights or point you to what you are looking for. If you are there to dine, they will show you to the restaurant where the host will take you to your table.

the atmosphere is relaxed with lots of old items on display. They have many wooden rockers of different sizes and designs on display and also available for purchase.

The food is good and has a wide selection. Lots of comfort foods available on the menu. There are reasonably priced lunch and dinner specials. I had the complete turkey dinner for $5.99. that was the lunch special for that day.

• MicheleH's Profile Photo

Golden Corral: Don't forget your cotton candy! :-)

by MicheleH Written Jun 18, 2013

Great selection of food, well laid out and all was kept at the proper temperature. Service was prompt and drinks were always kept full. The food was good and atmosphere was fun.

Favorite Dish: I loved the fact that they had spun cotton candy available as a desert item. There was also a chocolate fountain with lots o different types of fruit and cookies to dip in the fountain.

• Seniors

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

WING TIPS Bar & Bistro: Good Food Near Airport

by ViajesdelMundo Written Jul 22, 2012

I walked down to the Holiday Inn from my little hotel, when overnighting, and found this restaurant very comfortable with a number of booths, dimmed lighting, full bar and good menu.

The first thing I ordered (which I can't now recall) came not to my liking at all, so I sent it back and got the WingTip Steak, which was xcellent!! cooked nice and rare as requested, very tender and tasty.

The waitress had no problem in accommodating my change to a second choice and the service was good overall.

Menu is American and Italian food

Hours 6am - 11pm M-F
    7am - 11pm S,S
    Carry Out available

• Seniors

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon: Great Steaks

by Yaqui Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place was right around the corner practically where I was staying at. I ate here twice. I enjoyed the food and decor a lot! They have a huge selection and the waiters/waitresses are wonderful. I think you will enjoy eating here!

Lunch Menu

Dinner Menu

Favorite Dish: Let's see.....I think I had steak again....lol! Another wonderful chain of restaurants to enjoy! I had the typical steak dinner with salad and potato. It was yummy ofcourse. I enjoyed the decor also. Cannot miss at this place.

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

The Salt Lake Roasting Company: Great Morning Start

by RoscoeGregg Written Jan 16, 2011

In my humble opinion one of the best spots for morning coffee in the U.S. Get a cup and a bit to eat very early in the morning. Go up stairs and watch the sun rise cast light on the mountians. Open early and late. Great for after the fantastic Salt Lake Opera or Ballet.

The staff can be a little standoffish. But do not let that keep you away. They have pretty good pasteries and soups for lunch.

Great reuse of an old building! Nice seating outside.

Favorite Dish: On a hot summer afternoon get the Bannana Esspresso Frapee'. It only comes in sets of two and really hits the spot. Otherwise coffee and pasteries. If you are from a town with softer water you will nitoce that the coffee is a bit more astrengent. Just embrace it as part of visiting the desert.

• BeanBag109's Profile Photo

Cafe Old Bridge: AMAZING BOSNIAN FOOD

by BeanBag109 Written Dec 2, 2010

I had a layover in Salt Lake City last night, and I was lucky to meet with my brother/sister-in-law for dinner. They suggested we go to a Bosnian café. Café Old Bridge.

I have never heard of Bosnian food, and a four page Wiki article gave me the basics that I would need. That did not prepare me for the food adventure that I had!

Café Old Bridge gets it’s name from a bridge built in the 13th century, in Mostar (where the owner/chef is from). It is a small, brightly lit, spotlessly clean family run café.
    I was suggested the “Mu¿kalica” (Stir-fry made with rib-eye steak, onion, mushrooms, pickles, sour peppers, hot peppers, and ajvar-$8.99), or the “¯evapi” (Traditional Bosnian beef sausages served in pita bread with kajmak [a cheese spread that reminded me of a cross between cream cheese and feta] and onions $4.99). I ordered both.

While we waited for our dinner, the owner came over and talked with us, explaining how he got started in the restaurant business in Bosnia.

Not wanting to wait any longer to eat (listening to the owner explaining the menu), I ordered Zeljanica (also called Spinachopita, fillo dough stuffed with spinach and cheese, $1.99 for a 5 inch square piece.) This was my first bite of Bosnian food, and I was in heaven. Warm, crispy layers of fillo, filled with a perfect blend of cooked spinach and cheese. It felt like each bite just melted into the crispy fillo. I could have eaten just this all night long and been happy, but other delights were on their way.

The Mu¿kalica and ¯evapi arrived, and I began my Bosnian feast in earnest.
    The ¯evapi was AMAZING! Small hand rolled sausages cooked (I think on a wood fired grill) had an absolute perfect texture of fine ground rib-eye and spices. The pita was also out of this world.

The Mu¿kalica was served with rice and cooked potatoes. Not very spicy, just perfect (and I do not like hot spicy food). It was equally good tasting. Loved this dish. I could see myself eating this sitting at a table with a roaring fire going while snow falls outside!

All in all, I will go eat at the Café Old bridge every time I am in Salt Lake City. Average price for an Entrée is around $8.00. I STRONGLY encourage everybody to give it a try!

Mu��kalica ��evapi

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Big Daddy's Pizza: Carryout Only

by grandmaR Written Aug 8, 2010

We ordered pizza because I was to tired even to walk a block down to a restaurant. They delivered right to our room. I didn't have to go down to the lobby like I have had to do in Arlington VA and Chicago IL.

Favorite Dish: Cheesy bread

Pizza box Pizza box on our hotel table Coupon Coupon - dinner for two Garlic bread coupon
    • Women's Travel

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Big Daddy's Pizza: They deliver

by DEBBBEDB Updated Jul 9, 2010

We were tired and didn't want to walk to dinner, so looked around the hotel room and they had a list of places we could eat. So we had pizza delivered. They came right to our hotel room. I don't know whether there is an eat-in restaurant or not but their website says that the deliver to the entire Salt Lake City valley all night, 365 days

cheesy bread

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Prairie Schooner: Rustic Dinninig and Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Updated Apr 15, 2010

I remember the decor being so awesome, because it was right up my alley..lol! I loved it very much. It was very inviting and confortable. The waitresses were so wonderful and friendly. The food and drinks were great! I do not think you will disappointed in this place at all.

Favorite Dish: You have a huge selection of Steak Dinners and I do not remember specially which one, but all I know is that I enjoyed it alot and it was priced so reasonable too:-)

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Roberts Restaurant & Deli: Good and convenient!

by Bavavia Written Mar 22, 2010

i just had a salad and soup. Its a restaurant and deli so i was afraid it would just be a deli when i got there, but it was more like a restaurant. Didnt like the bright flourescent lighting though.. but not a big deal.

Favorite Dish: I had vegetable soup which was good . Salad was ok, waitress brought wrong dressing but i ate it anyway, it was actually more tasty than the dressing i had ordered.

Price of food will depend on what you order. They had a good variety on the menu. Staff was nice too.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Jersey's Sports Bar

by Ewingjr98 Updated Oct 12, 2008

An Asian sports bar? OK... I'll bite.

We stopped in because this sports bar was visible from our room at the Red Lion Inn. The bar sits in a small plaza next to the Brewviews movie theater. Inside the bar is very clean and modern, with the exception of a handful of old TVs that need to be upgraded to flat screens. When we arrived the restaurant was pretty busy with mostly a younger crowd.

The menu was about 75 percent Chinese food with the other quarter being traditional bar food like burgers, pizza, and chicken wings. We decided to try the Asian, so I had the Szechuan chicken and dad tried the beef and tomatoes (is this Asain?). The meals were about $10 each, and the pile of food was amazing. Quality was definately a little lower than I'm used to, but maybe OK for Utah. The bar was entertaining; we stayed for a few hours watching college football and baseball on the big projector screen above the bar. A large group of Florida Gators fans congregated in the back room and had a great time watching their team upset LSU.

Jerry's from the Red Lion Jerry's from the Red Lion

• ZIMETMUS's Profile Photo

Atlantic Cafe Market: Bistro on South Main

by ZIMETMUS Written Jun 1, 2008

While walking down South Main after discovering Sam Weller's Bookstore, I grabbed a table outside of the Atlantic Cafe market. Greek food, pasta, desserts - perfect for a late dinner and for people watching on a Saturday night.

Sevice was friendly if a little slow and the food was excellent.

• Study Abroad

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Log Haven Restaurant: If you do one restaurant, this is it!

by GracesTrips Updated May 23, 2008

This was an absolutely fantastic restaurant! One of the best I have ever been to. The drive to get there was amazing, going into the mountains on a windy path. Looks like there is no way that something such as a restaurant would be out in this wilderness. Then, lo and behold, there it is. A dreamy, log cabin with sparkley lights, cars are parked along the street. We walk up and enter the front door. Our coats are taken. We sit in the foyer as we wait to be seated in comfy chairs by the fireplace. We decided to enjoy a drink before being seated. The menu boasts a number of unique dishes from appetizers to the entrees. We started with the Wild Mushroom Fricassee - very tasty, almost soup like. The mushrooms were very flavorful. I had the Seared Diver Scallops. The feta cheese was slightly too salty but everything else was good. My boyfriend enjoyed the North American Bison Tenderloin. We didn't have room for dessert, dinner was more than enough food.

Additional info: The actual log cabin was built in 1922. A wealthy businessman had it built and gave it to his wife as a gift. They later added onto the cabin to accomodate the needs of the restaurant.

Can you believe how beautiful this is? I feel relaxed! Seared Diver Scallops North American Bison Tenderloin
    • Luxury Travel

Latest: Jul 2, 2014
Comfort Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Red Lion Salt Lake Downtown

Instant Answers: Salt Lake City

Comments

Salt Lake City Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Salt Lake City locals.
Map of Salt Lake City