Places to eat in Salt Lake City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Salt Lake City

• Anthropologist's Profile Photo

Elizabeth's Bakery & Tea Shop: English Tea Experience

by Anthropologist Written Mar 19, 2008

Quaint little place with tea pots lining the walls. You can have traditional tea or sample the bakery items. College students from the University of Utah enjoy dropping in for food and conversation, but everyone from retired folk to families enjoy the ambiance and British fare.

Favorite Dish: The cheese scones are Delicious! The Chicken and Mushroom Pie is also tasty.

• Anthropologist's Profile Photo

Tony Caputo's Market & Deli: Italian food an Italian would like

by Anthropologist Written Mar 19, 2008

This european deli features mostly Italian cuisine. You can shop or dine. The Deli has been featured in many magazines and often demonstrates menu recipes on television. It's a favorite with the locals.

Favorite Dish: The Prosciutto sandwich is tasty. Order the half sandwich and salad, if you want a little of both.

Green Street Social Club: Looks like a Quaint Tavern to eat at

by GracesTrips Updated Jan 6, 2008

Well, you can't just go in and have a bite to eat here. Even if you don't want any alcoholic beverages. You have to join. It's cheap though - $4 for the two of us. So, it's lunch time, we have a beer and ordered our food. What we're not used to being from California is smokers in a restraurant. I guess it's still allowed in Utah. I used to tolerate it before but now it really bugs me. Oh well, we sat away from the smokers and that was okay.

Favorite Dish: Food was alright. Nothing spectacular.

Ice Cold! Burger and Salad Artichoke dip and tortilla chips

• tzech's Profile Photo

Bohemian Brewery & Grill: Best Beer in the Rockies!

by tzech Written Jan 5, 2008

Settled in a log cabin in the Salt Lake Valley not too far from the ski resorts sits a Czech Brewery with some of the best beer in the Rockies. They have 4 beers that I've seen not only at their Pub but also at a number of Restaurants and Bars throughout Utah. The dining experience is great. They have a wood fired pizza oven with some unique offerings. Their food ranges from traditional German Brats and Schnitzels to old school Czech dishes to Hungarian Gulash. It's a must go. If you get a chance, stop upstairs to see their vintage scooter collection. Vespas, Rabbits, Cushmans, Cezetta and even a Harley Davidson scooter are on display. Really cool!

Favorite Dish: Their nightly specials are great. As are their Wood Fired Pizzas. But you can't go wrong with the Pirogies and Bratwurst.

Harley's in front of the brewery Bohemian's Beers on Tap The Bohemian can their beer on site. Inside the Bohemian Brewery Bohemian Brewery's kegs waiting to go out.
    • Beer Tasting
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Motorcycle

Christopher's: Old Nostalgic Hotel and Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written Jan 3, 2008

We didn't make reservations for this particular evening so we drove around until we saw somethint appealing. The food wasn't all that great but it was warm place to dine at. I had the parmesan crusted halibut - it was a ton of food and my boyfriend had the fish and chips which he didn't seem to care for too much.

Parmesan crusted Halibut Fish and Chips

Fresco Italian Cafe: New Year's Eve Prix Fix Meal

by GracesTrips Written Jan 3, 2008

Well, I didn't even think to ask if a special menu would be presented for New Year's Eve. And there was. $65 per person - ouch! Plus a $47 bottle of wine made for a very pricey dinner. But, I have to say, after we ate dessert, it was well worth it. I enjoyed the meal. Dinner began with an oyster on a half shell. My boyfriend doesn't eat shellfish. I don't do oysters. So, we passed on the opening course. The appetizers were interesting. I ordered the Duck Confit Canneloni which was a slight disappointment. The canneloni was not a noodle but a crisp cracker and the duck was dry. My boyfriend had something, hmmm, I can't remember but I think he enjoyed his appetizer. The salad course was amazing! I ordered the Elk Carpaccio. The raw Elk had a very creamy texture served with huckleberries and shaved fennel and frisee. Main course was the Beef Tenderloin with mashed potatoes with a wine reduction sauce. Yummmmy! Dessert were several choices but we both had the same. Chocolate tart. This was sooo good! A smooth, silky, creamy, dark/bitter chocolate concoction in a white shell cookie crust served with a tiny scoop of gelato. It was fantastic! Unfortunately, I don't know if the regular menu has any of the dishes we had. If so, the food was great!

• Luxury Travel

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

Wasatch Broiler & Grill Restaurant: Healthy is good again!

by mwenn2100 Written Oct 10, 2007

Wasatch Broiler is a low key restaurant specializing in different kinds of skewers and meats cooked according to the American Heart Associations guidelines for health... if you don't care about that aspect of course then... it's good! LOL. I was not aware that they had won awards from the AHA for being heart healthy before we went, but the waitress was excited to point that out to us so kudos to them!

We went during the day on a Monday for lunch so the restaurant was pretty slow, but it had a nice atmosphere for a casual yet not too casual atmosphere. People did seem confused on how to get their food tho as there is a long counter that almost looks like a cafeteria counter with a cash register, but have a seat and a waitress will serve you.

The menu is fairly limited (or at least what I'm used to), but if you go with any of the meat skewers it's a darn good bet. I had the chicken and steak skewers with the lemon rice. Now, people rave about the lemon rice, I personally do not like scented/flavored rice and this was no acception for me, but the meat also has a lemony taste to it and I enjoyed it.

Favorite Dish: Chicken and steak skewers were very good!

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

La Frontera: MMMM... Mexican food that makes your mouth water!

by mwenn2100 Written Oct 10, 2007

My favorite type of food is Mexican and I could probably eat it 24/7 so any chance I get to dine at authentic Mexican restaurants I jump at. Matt took me here and promised me the best Mexican around... he wasn't kidding! La Frontera actually has a few locations now around Salt Lake City, but the first and BEST of all of them is the one downtown. The location may seem a bit shady, but I guarantee you that you will love love love the food, the staff and the atmosphere!

We showed up here late one night (maybe an hour before closing) and there were still a lot of people dining, getting carry out and just having a good time. We chose a booth, got our drinks, starting munching on chips and salsa and had a blast. The food was so wonderful with huge portions and an extensive menu. The waiter was super nice and very attentive. There was music playing and the atmosphere in general was one of "good times and good friends". I can't say enough about this location or the food and I'm definitely going back next time I'm in Salt Lake City!

Favorite Dish: I had awesome chimichangas and Matt thoroughly enjoyed his enchiladas. The chips and salsa were exceptional! Be warned: You WILL NOT finish your meal here as the portions are so big... I'm not complaining tho!! =)

• zlatiq's Profile Photo

Cafe Shambala: My favorite place for Tibetan food!

by zlatiq Written Jul 18, 2007

Cafe Shambala is a small, simple but very cozy place. There bright flags on the walls and pictures from Tibet. It is not expensive and meals are "homemade" style. There are lots of options for vegetarians as well. While waiting for your food you might check out the little "shop" in the corner-that is few racks and shelves with Tibetan clothing and souvenirs.

Favorite Dish: well, there are few!u can try the vegetable mo-mo appetizer (potatoes, carrots and spinach with a little bit of curry). Eggplant meal is also great! Some of the meals are little bit on the spicy side, so if it matters to u be sure to ask the waiter.

Cafe Shambala

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

The Cafeteria at the Family History Center: Good food - Good Value

by 807Wheaton Written Jul 8, 2007

This restaurant is downtown near the Temple Square. It is open to anyone using the Family History Library. We got a $15 lunch for about $4 each, and that was with dessert.
    The prices were very low, the food was great and there was a big selection to choose from.
    There were lots of tables and many people were sitting in large groups, enjoying their lunch and their time working in the Family History Library at Salt Lake City.

Fountains outside the Cafeteria
    • Seniors

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Roosters Brewing Company And Restaurant: Great food and beer!

by Yaqui Updated Jan 16, 2007

I would have to say I really enjoyed eating here. I enjoyed the food and the beer was excellent. They had some really unique names for their brews....lol! I did have a snotty hostess because she got angry about me NOT wanting to sit at a little lone table in the corner. So I requested to sit in a booth since they had many open. I did complain and it seems she was doing this a lot. So she was dismissed. Sorry, don't feel sorry for her one bit. Your a customer and should be treated as such. It's your hard earned money, so why spend it on a place that has snotty help. Anyways, I think you will enjoy this place because of the great food and beer. So check it out!

Favorite Dish: I kind of stuck with the sandwiches for their low calories. I enjoyed them!

• Business Travel

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Melina's: Good food

by Yaqui Updated Jan 16, 2007

This is a very nice restaurant. I enjoyed the decor and enjoyed the food. The services was not bad at all. It was nice because it was right across the street from my hotel, which is always a plus.

Favorite Dish: I had the typical Enchilada dinner which was pretty good, not great, but good!

• Business Travel

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

SkyBox Sports Bar (The Gateway)

by Ewingjr98 Updated Dec 13, 2006

This sports bar in Salt Lake City was a place I just stumbled upon during my visit. After visiting some of the tourist attractions, I drove by the unique outdoor Gateway Mall and decided to park the car and see if I could find dinner. I was pleasantly surprised by the Sky Box...it had great balcony seats overlooking the central plaza, the food was good, and it served beer. Furthermore, it is a sports bar, which is the very best type of bar, except perhaps a microbrewery.

They feature a massive 16 foot television, and they have HDTV, so this is certainly the place to watch a game.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Taj Indian

by frankcanfly Written Oct 24, 2005

We found some decent Indian food, actually the ONLY Indian food downtown. We hit them at nearly closing time, yet they accomadated us kindly.

The food was good, but they really need an interior designer to give the place some life.

• GulliG's Profile Photo

The Roof and Passages: Worth coming back

by GulliG Written Oct 8, 2005

Both places were clean and well decorated. The staff was pleasant and attentive. The food was American well prepared and large portions. I would go back to both places again and again until I had tried everything on the menus

Favorite Dish: At "The Roof" I had a gourmet burger which had no grizzle or bone. At "Passages" my wife had a Cobb salad which was large enough for three meals, fresh on site baked rolls with raspberry butter. We were well filled at both places so we had to pass on desert.

• Trains

Latest: Jul 12, 2014
Ramada Salt Lake City Airport
Latest: Jul 18, 2014

Instant Answers: Salt Lake City

Comments

Salt Lake City Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Salt Lake City locals.
Map of Salt Lake City