Places to eat in Salt Lake City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Salt Lake City

• zlatiq's Profile Photo

Koko Kitchen: japanese cousine

by zlatiq Written Jul 23, 2005

The only place i go out to eat. It offers "fast" home-style cooking for both takeout or dining in.
    Very friendly sushi chef, great and cheap meals, a menu board with descriptions of all meals ( very helpful for a bulgarian not acquainted with japanese cuisine). Lots of vegetarian and vegan options.

Has a little patio for the warmer months.

Favorite Dish: Miso soup and veggie rolls.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Prairie Schooner: Rustic Dinninig and Great Steaks!

by Yaqui Updated Apr 15, 2010

I remember the decor being so awesome, because it was right up my alley..lol! I loved it very much. It was very inviting and confortable. The waitresses were so wonderful and friendly. The food and drinks were great! I do not think you will disappointed in this place at all.

Favorite Dish: You have a huge selection of Steak Dinners and I do not remember specially which one, but all I know is that I enjoyed it alot and it was priced so reasonable too:-)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Roosters Brewing Company And Restaurant: Great food and beer!

by Yaqui Updated Jan 16, 2007

I would have to say I really enjoyed eating here. I enjoyed the food and the beer was excellent. They had some really unique names for their brews....lol! I did have a snotty hostess because she got angry about me NOT wanting to sit at a little lone table in the corner. So I requested to sit in a booth since they had many open. I did complain and it seems she was doing this a lot. So she was dismissed. Sorry, don't feel sorry for her one bit. Your a customer and should be treated as such. It's your hard earned money, so why spend it on a place that has snotty help. Anyways, I think you will enjoy this place because of the great food and beer. So check it out!

Favorite Dish: I kind of stuck with the sandwiches for their low calories. I enjoyed them!

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon: Great Steaks

by Yaqui Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place was right around the corner practically where I was staying at. I ate here twice. I enjoyed the food and decor a lot! They have a huge selection and the waiters/waitresses are wonderful. I think you will enjoy eating here!

Lunch Menu

Dinner Menu

Favorite Dish: Let's see.....I think I had steak again....lol! Another wonderful chain of restaurants to enjoy! I had the typical steak dinner with salad and potato. It was yummy ofcourse. I enjoyed the decor also. Cannot miss at this place.

Melina's: Good food

by Yaqui Updated Jan 16, 2007

This is a very nice restaurant. I enjoyed the decor and enjoyed the food. The services was not bad at all. It was nice because it was right across the street from my hotel, which is always a plus.

Favorite Dish: I had the typical Enchilada dinner which was pretty good, not great, but good!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Log Haven Restaurant: If you do one restaurant, this is it!

by GracesTrips Updated May 23, 2008

This was an absolutely fantastic restaurant! One of the best I have ever been to. The drive to get there was amazing, going into the mountains on a windy path. Looks like there is no way that something such as a restaurant would be out in this wilderness. Then, lo and behold, there it is. A dreamy, log cabin with sparkley lights, cars are parked along the street. We walk up and enter the front door. Our coats are taken. We sit in the foyer as we wait to be seated in comfy chairs by the fireplace. We decided to enjoy a drink before being seated. The menu boasts a number of unique dishes from appetizers to the entrees. We started with the Wild Mushroom Fricassee - very tasty, almost soup like. The mushrooms were very flavorful. I had the Seared Diver Scallops. The feta cheese was slightly too salty but everything else was good. My boyfriend enjoyed the North American Bison Tenderloin. We didn't have room for dessert, dinner was more than enough food.

Additional info: The actual log cabin was built in 1922. A wealthy businessman had it built and gave it to his wife as a gift. They later added onto the cabin to accomodate the needs of the restaurant.

• Luxury Travel

Fresco Italian Cafe: New Year's Eve Prix Fix Meal

by GracesTrips Written Jan 3, 2008

Well, I didn't even think to ask if a special menu would be presented for New Year's Eve. And there was. $65 per person - ouch! Plus a $47 bottle of wine made for a very pricey dinner. But, I have to say, after we ate dessert, it was well worth it. I enjoyed the meal. Dinner began with an oyster on a half shell. My boyfriend doesn't eat shellfish. I don't do oysters. So, we passed on the opening course. The appetizers were interesting. I ordered the Duck Confit Canneloni which was a slight disappointment. The canneloni was not a noodle but a crisp cracker and the duck was dry. My boyfriend had something, hmmm, I can't remember but I think he enjoyed his appetizer. The salad course was amazing! I ordered the Elk Carpaccio. The raw Elk had a very creamy texture served with huckleberries and shaved fennel and frisee. Main course was the Beef Tenderloin with mashed potatoes with a wine reduction sauce. Yummmmy! Dessert were several choices but we both had the same. Chocolate tart. This was sooo good! A smooth, silky, creamy, dark/bitter chocolate concoction in a white shell cookie crust served with a tiny scoop of gelato. It was fantastic! Unfortunately, I don't know if the regular menu has any of the dishes we had. If so, the food was great!

• Luxury Travel

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

The Cafeteria at the Family History Center: Good food - Good Value

by 807Wheaton Written Jul 8, 2007

This restaurant is downtown near the Temple Square. It is open to anyone using the Family History Library. We got a $15 lunch for about $4 each, and that was with dessert.
    The prices were very low, the food was great and there was a big selection to choose from.
    There were lots of tables and many people were sitting in large groups, enjoying their lunch and their time working in the Family History Library at Salt Lake City.

• Seniors

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Taj Indian

by frankcanfly Written Oct 24, 2005

We found some decent Indian food, actually the ONLY Indian food downtown. We hit them at nearly closing time, yet they accomadated us kindly.

The food was good, but they really need an interior designer to give the place some life.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

WING TIPS Bar & Bistro: Good Food Near Airport

by ViajesdelMundo Written Jul 22, 2012

I walked down to the Holiday Inn from my little hotel, when overnighting, and found this restaurant very comfortable with a number of booths, dimmed lighting, full bar and good menu.

The first thing I ordered (which I can't now recall) came not to my liking at all, so I sent it back and got the WingTip Steak, which was xcellent!! cooked nice and rare as requested, very tender and tasty.

The waitress had no problem in accommodating my change to a second choice and the service was good overall.

Menu is American and Italian food

Hours 6am - 11pm M-F
    7am - 11pm S,S
    Carry Out available

• Seniors

Green Street Social Club: Looks like a Quaint Tavern to eat at

by GracesTrips Updated Jan 6, 2008

Well, you can't just go in and have a bite to eat here. Even if you don't want any alcoholic beverages. You have to join. It's cheap though - $4 for the two of us. So, it's lunch time, we have a beer and ordered our food. What we're not used to being from California is smokers in a restraurant. I guess it's still allowed in Utah. I used to tolerate it before but now it really bugs me. Oh well, we sat away from the smokers and that was okay.

Favorite Dish: Food was alright. Nothing spectacular.

Christopher's: Old Nostalgic Hotel and Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written Jan 3, 2008

We didn't make reservations for this particular evening so we drove around until we saw somethint appealing. The food wasn't all that great but it was warm place to dine at. I had the parmesan crusted halibut - it was a ton of food and my boyfriend had the fish and chips which he didn't seem to care for too much.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

SkyBox Sports Bar (The Gateway)

by Ewingjr98 Updated Dec 13, 2006

This sports bar in Salt Lake City was a place I just stumbled upon during my visit. After visiting some of the tourist attractions, I drove by the unique outdoor Gateway Mall and decided to park the car and see if I could find dinner. I was pleasantly surprised by the Sky Box...it had great balcony seats overlooking the central plaza, the food was good, and it served beer. Furthermore, it is a sports bar, which is the very best type of bar, except perhaps a microbrewery.

They feature a massive 16 foot television, and they have HDTV, so this is certainly the place to watch a game.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Big Daddy's Pizza: They deliver

by DEBBBEDB Updated Jul 9, 2010

We were tired and didn't want to walk to dinner, so looked around the hotel room and they had a list of places we could eat. So we had pizza delivered. They came right to our hotel room. I don't know whether there is an eat-in restaurant or not but their website says that the deliver to the entire Salt Lake City valley all night, 365 days

• Anthropologist's Profile Photo

Elizabeth's Bakery & Tea Shop: English Tea Experience

by Anthropologist Written Mar 19, 2008

Quaint little place with tea pots lining the walls. You can have traditional tea or sample the bakery items. College students from the University of Utah enjoy dropping in for food and conversation, but everyone from retired folk to families enjoy the ambiance and British fare.

Favorite Dish: The cheese scones are Delicious! The Chicken and Mushroom Pie is also tasty.

Salt Lake City Hotels

Latest: Apr 8, 2014
Comfort Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Marriott Salt Lake City City Center

Instant Answers: Salt Lake City

Comments

Salt Lake City Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Salt Lake City locals.
Map of Salt Lake City