Winter Sports, Salt Lake City

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Ski on Powder Snow

by virtualpatrick Written Jun 11, 2003

www.snowbird.com

I learned to ski out here in the northeast US on packed snow and ice.
    But when I skiied on the fresh powder snow of Utah, well - I was hooked!

My favorite places to ski in the Salt Lake City area are: Snowbird, Alta, Park City & Deer Valley.

My favorite skiing memories:
    1. Last run of the day skiing in Deer Valley in the middle of a blizzard. Floating on waist high snow underneath the ski lift.
    2. Park City - on a cruising run, fell on a rut and was sliding backwards on my back. I was so upset of falling that I planted my poles and pushed. I basically did a roundhouse flip from my back to right side up all the while sliding/sking forward.

• Orkaena's Profile Photo

Sky in Salt Lake

by Orkaena Updated Mar 13, 2006

This place is famous around the world, the Winter Games celebrated in Salte Lake2002 were an example of organization. I recommend the practice of this sport discipline in Salt Lake. excelent services and quality snow.

• MM212's Profile Photo

Ski Utah!

by MM212 Updated Feb 16, 2006

Read the Caption on the License Plate

Dubbed as "The Greatest Snow on Earth," skiing in Utah certainly cannot disappoint. Many resorts lying within an hour's drive from Salt Lake City hosted Olympic competitions in 2002. Deer Valley, Park City, Snowbird are some examples.

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo

skiing (either at the Canyons...

by brewjohnson Written Feb 25, 2003

skiing (either at the Canyons or at Park City), you can't go wrong.
    skiing is always fun, but Utah arguable has the best snow in the world. Also, Park City is going to be a major site for the 2002 Winter Olympics, which makes skiing there all the more exiting. (in the summer, the mountains are great places for hiking and mountain biking as well)

• Cycling

• Rent a Snowmobile

by jay1236969 Written Nov 3, 2011

My hat goes off to the folks at All Seasons Rentals in Utah. First off, the snowmobile I rented was just awesome! I had no idea the power and the area a snowmobile could cover in just a day. To top it off, they guided me to what is probably the most beautiful scenery (only reachable by snowmobile) in the world!

• Photography
    • Mountain Climbing

• jenna24's Profile Photo

The Bear Lake Valley

by jenna24 Written Aug 25, 2002

The Bear Lake Valley
    The Bear Lake Valley offers 350 miles of groomed snowmobile trails inter-linking Utah, Idaho and the Great Western Trail. Cross-country skiing, ice fishing, and downhill skiing are all within minutes of each other.

Instant Answers: Salt Lake City

Comments

View all Salt Lake City hotels