Know about this?
Between my hotel and the convention center was a big construction site. They had massive construction going on getting ready for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. And I understand now they are repairing the capitol building. It's always something.
- Road Trip
- Family Travel
- Budget Travel
Salt Lake is undergoing major...
Salt Lake is undergoing major freeway and surface street re-construction work in preparation for the 2002 Olympic Games. As long as you avoid the freeway during the rush hour periods from 7-9 AM and 4-6 PM, though, it's not too bad.
Pioneer Park at 300 W. and 400 S. is primarily a homeless hangout and general crime area. It's best avoided if you're alone and stay well away at night.
Other semi-dangerous areas are the northwest part of town and the western parts of West Valley City. Both are poorer neighborhoods and have higher than average crime rates. These areas are only troublesome after dark. During the day virtually anywhere is safe.
Salt Lake sits at 4,300 feet elevation, and the mountains are very much higher still. If you're from a near sea-level area, the air is noticeably thinner.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Salt Lake City Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Msida Hotels
- Mimico Hotels
- Atlantic City
- Beverly Hills
- Hollywood Hotels
- Kaiserebersdorf Hotels
- Saudi Arabia Warnings and Dangers
- Warsaw Warnings and Dangers
- Columbia Warnings and Dangers
- Shenzhen Warnings and Dangers
- Poland Warnings and Dangers
- Pondicherry Warnings and Dangers
- Monterrey Warnings and Dangers
- Muscat Warnings and Dangers
- Brooklyn Warnings and Dangers
- Sint Maarten Warnings and Dangers