Brattleboro Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Brattleboro

• Black Bear Sugarworks Roadside Stand: Fresh hot dogs, ice cream, sodas, and pork!!!

by christyna50 Written Sep 28, 2011

Great, unexpected experience! The perfect addition to a beautiful fall day!

We stopped in to this foodstand because we saw a sign saying "Local Pork for sale" and we quickly pulled in. We got a hot dog, and lots of frozen pieces of pork from the farmer's most recent pig.

The farmer was great! Honest, helpful, and kind. He worked day and night to make his farm successful, and we were so fortunate to get his outlook on his experience as a farmer in VT.

As a tourist/consumer, we can make a huge difference in the local community. Right now, VT is struggling, so make sure to buy local. Farm stands like Black Bear Sugarworks are perfect to support because they are safe, fun, and support the local agriculture.

Make a special trip down 89, off at Exit 1. You will not regret it!

Favorite Dish: I have yet to cook the frozen pork I purchased, but it looks great! I plan to be a repeat customer for sure!!

• Eco-Tourism

The New England House: Good place for a family meal

by Mmasarech Written Nov 7, 2010

In West Brattleboro, a drive from downtown. Lodge/pub-like feel with tables and booths. Reasonably priced menu items. Doting wait staff. Vampire chasers (roaster garlic/brie bread) were a nice start, onion soup, salads, fish, burgers, steaks. The prime rib special was rare to our liking. Cole slaw that came with the crab cakes was fresh (vinegary and no mayo) and a bit sweet. Good value.

Favorite Dish: Onion soup -- had cheddar as well as swiss melted over the crock. Crunchy croutons on top.

Fireworks: Not just pizza

by Mmasarech Written Nov 7, 2010

A mix of cuisines represented here. Pizza is a specialty. The fresh papparadelle with mushrooms was really good. However, we also had a really great sopa de lima and fatoush salad. Wide variety of menu items -- burgers to steaks and fish. I had a nice piece of salmon over broccoli rabe. The flourless chocolate tart was a moist, rich ending to the meal. We had to wait 45 minutes on a Friday night "gallery walk", but it was worth it.

Favorite Dish: Hard to choose what was the best dish. Loved the fatoush -- like a Greek chopped salad. The disappointment was actually the burger, which had flavorful filler instead of pure beef. More like meatloaf.

Amy's Bakery Arts Cafe: Great view, yummy cupcakes

by Mmasarech Written Nov 7, 2010

Wide selection of breads, sweets, and lunch items. Nice coffee (lattes, cappucinos). If you sit in the back you get a great view of the river and hills.

Favorite Dish: Chocolate cupcake -- with mocha frosting. Expensive but the icing is soooo smooth. Not too sweet.

• Steak Out Restaurant: The Best Chicken Teriyaki of My Life

by jamestomar Written Jan 28, 2007

Staff: Extremely Friendly

Food: The food is of high quality and fresh: Steaks, Chicken, Fish, Salad, etc..the steak house norms. The food took longer than expected, I guess they were giving us enough time to go back up to the salad bar for a second portion.

Ambience: Restaurant had a three teared dining room. You could sit on the top floor and look over the entire restaurant. The middle tear had the all you can salad and desert bar and the lower tear you could each on. It was a pretty nice set up, I had never been in a restaurant with that kind of set up. Low light, wooden tables, candles, soft music the usual.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken Teriyaki. I was amazing. I always have chicken teriyaki whenever I see it on any menu. You might even say I am a chicken T connoisseur. The chicken was so moist and the teriyaki was so sweet and tangy, could have been the best teriyaki I have ever had. I would definately recommend this place. ---- I had a couple bite of my buddies steak and it was damn good too. I don't really like steak, but this was super tender. I might even consider getting the steak teriyaki when we go back.

My only recommendation to anyone who is going to steak out is to skip your lunch. The portions a huge and dessert is included.

• Camping
    • Skiing and Boarding

• Osmun79's Profile Photo

Mocha Joe's: A great little coffeehouse

by Osmun79 Written Mar 25, 2006

If your coming north to VT via 81 and skip Northampton, you should stop in Brattleboro. Located on the main drag next to a big Sam's store, Mocha Joes is almost a cultural mecca in the town. Going down the stairs you'll hear local music playing and be able to pick up local area alternative mags as well as fliers for everything from Reiki to Apartments for rent. The staff are usually local college kids from Marlboro and are really nice. They have a selection of Vegan food(they have a good Quiche) as well as regular staples and most of the food is organic friendly.

Favorite Dish: Hmm. I would have to go with a slice of Carrot Cake and a Mocha Latte as my personal Mocha Joe combo. They also tend to have a wide selection of teas that they brew loose leaf such as dragonbreath green teas and Lapsong Souchong.

• lucythedog's Profile Photo

Amy's cafe: Best Coffee....and muffins

by lucythedog Written Mar 10, 2008

It was only the best coffee on the 70 day 13000 mile trip....nice folks, great strong coffee...killer homade muffins and croissants

Favorite Dish: The killer coffee

Instant Answers: Brattleboro

Comments

Brattleboro Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Brattleboro restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brattleboro sightseeing.