Sports Events in Vermont

Most Viewed Sports & Outdoors in Vermont

• Florida999's Profile Photo

Stowe Ski Area

by Florida999 Updated Apr 4, 2011

My tips for skiing and snowboarding are already under "things to do" but I have a few more photos and comments.

Stowe basically has 4 areas to ski ( see link to trail map) , Spruce Peak is on one side of the road ( HWY 108) and has the ski and snowboard school, plus many easier trails, then right across from there ( you can take the small "gondola" lift across the street, so you don't have to carry your stuff) is the gondola up Mount Mansfield, which was my favorite area to ski. Then further down was another area with a bunch of very steep slopes, but also something called "Toll road" , which is the longest slope at Stowe, but an easy one. Too easy for us....we got stuck and got off it after the first section. Don't try that one with snowboards , or you will carry it and walk some of the way.

Equipment: I have Dynastar Legend skis, so does my husband, my daughter has a Burton snowboard. I love my skis, best ones I have ever owned.
    We purchased all of our equipment slightly used and in the summer, much more economical that way, especially since we only ski one week or so out of the year. Make sure your ski boots fit well!!! My first day was miserable because my ankles hurt so bad. I have Lange ski boots.

• Skiing and Boarding

• Osmun79's Profile Photo

Climbing indoors in Burlington!

by Osmun79 Updated Mar 31, 2006

Burlington now has it's own Rock Climbing gym called Burlington Rock Gym. It has varied levels of terrain and is supposedly under $30 per day. I know alot of people who go there and they will even teach you how to climb if you're a novice like me ( I just like doing them once in a while). You can use their climbing equipment or your own. If you need to buy gear, then you can find it at Climb High at the far end of Church St.

Equipment: They have alot of equipment to use there, but you can also pick up some at Climb High as mentioned above.

• Mountain Climbing

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Best Skiing in Vermont

by AliasGirl Written Aug 10, 2004

I highly recommend Sugarbush, its a great mountain with various levels of trails. As a matter of fact, I learned to ski here.

The bunny slope is a good start for beginners, bite the bullet and spend a few dollars on the ski lessons. Its the only way. I recommend taking a lesson in the morning because you'll feel very lathargic after lunch and won't really put your all into it. That way you will get your money's worth.

After your morning lesson, take a break have a small and filling lunch-not too heavy and get your ski bunny butt back on the slopes. On your second day, you will learn alot more once you get the basics down.

SNOW PLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your knees together and face down the mountain.

Equipment: Rent all your equipment at the Sugarbush lodge, no worries!

• Skiing and Boarding

• kenmerk's Profile Photo

The Beer Elevator

by kenmerk Written May 11, 2007

Tree Climbing is a fun way to spend the day, but you will soon find yourself farther and farther from the beloved beer cooler. What to do, Oh what to do ???

Fortunately with a climbing rope and a couple of clips (and an assist from one of your earthbound friends....) you will soon have a cold beer within arms reach.....

And make the day just a little bit more enjoyable..... ;o))))

Equipment: Clip, cooler, beer, rope....

INCOMING !!!

7 Reviews - 11 Photos
Chittenden Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Vermont

Comments

Vermont Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Vermont sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vermont sightseeing.
Map of Vermont