Ashburn Travel Guide

this took seemingly forever
    by skywalkerbeth
    is this Fridge Society worthy?
    by skywalkerbeth
    Z House
    by ASCMcLaren

Ashburn Things to Do

• by WOWWorkOutWorld Written May 26, 2007

WOW! Work Out World in Ashburn is offering 3 month student memberships for a limited time. 703.858.9665, www.WorkOutWorld.com, 21690 Red Rum Drive, off Waxpool Rd., across from Verizon. For $125, get ready to be WOW'd at every unlimited visit! We are your neighborhood, family - friendly health club. Our expert staff will show you how to make FEELING GOOD a WAY OF LIFE.

Children ages 12 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 16 and older are welcome to work out at the club unsupervised.

Take this summer to discover all WOW! has to offer...new cardio with personal viewing screens, free weights, traditional weight machines, free yoga, free pilates, group fitness, group cycle, Latin Dance classes, Child Care, Kids' Programs, Free Personal Instruction, Gravity Training, Diet-to-Go www.DietToGo.com, Kick Boxing, fitRewards www.fitRewards.com, Nutrition Counseling, Personal Training, and more!

• Cycling
    • Hiking and Walking

by dejavu2gb Written Mar 15, 2006

Not a great deal to see in Ashburn, so what the heck, I will show you our US offices in Ashburn, they are pretty cool, and very big!

Oh yeah they are no longer MCI offices but Verizon after the take over, if you actually intend driving past...LOL...

• Ashburn Hotels

3 Hotels in Ashburn

Ashburn Hotels

Ashburn Restaurants

by dejavu2gb Written Mar 15, 2006

Driving around Ashburn to find a nice place to eat, we found Ruby Tuesdays. Its a nice looking restaurant, that forms part of a chain with a varied menu, offering steaks, pasta's seafood, etc all at very reasonable prices.
    They did have a big salad bar but as I was in steak country I did not try it out.
    I would recommend going there as I enjoyed the food!

Favorite Dish: I had a steak and chips for my supper with a pepper sauce and it was very very tasty indeed. To dink I had their strawberry milkshake (I had to drive so no beer was to be had!)

Ruby Tuesday

Ashburn Nightlife

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

by skywalkerbeth Updated Jun 27, 2006

well, it's home, what can I say. I read books, exercise, play with my cats, entertain friends, cook, eat, decorate the ol' homestead, and so on.

Dress Code: loungewear. jammies. T shirts. socks if it's cold out, and barefoot if it isn't.

on weekends I spruce up a bit.

Ashburn Transportation

by dejavu2gb Written Mar 15, 2006

We intended to use the public transport system that Ashburn has to offer, but I was informed kindly by fellow VT'er skywalkerbeth that it does not quite work like that, so we rented a car, and what a great idea that was.
    It was very nervous starting out driving on the "wrong" side of the road, but soon got used to it, and in the end actually enjoyed driving around!
    SO get a car and drive places, they are very inexpensive and it gives you more freedom!

The Chevvy we rented The Chevvie we rented

Ashburn Shopping

by dejavu2gb Written Mar 15, 2006

Offering almost 300 stores, is Tysons Corner, one of the premier malls on the east coast.
    From Ashburn it was about a 20 minute drive to get there so not far at all, and then you are in shoppers Paradise!

Its got a great deal of shops, and unfortunately we did not have the time to stroll around, but I would love to return to give it another go, there are so so many shops and all of them looked very inviting. So if you find youself with nothing to do... head for Tysons Corner Mall!

What to buy: There are almost 300 stores, so you can buy anything at Tysons Corner. Its got clothing stores, shoes, restaurants, you name it... its there!

Tysons Corner
    • Luxury Travel

Ashburn Tourist Traps

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

by skywalkerbeth Written Feb 18, 2006

All you folks looking for Bernie Ebbers - he's gone - Verizon is the new game in town. Don't walk on the grass. Don't feed the pigeons. Wait, there aren't any. Carry on.

Unique Suggestions: Take a picture of the new Verizon sign.

For God's sake watch out for the deer! There are woods and fields nearby and at least once a week someone hits a deer and has to get their car fixed.

Fun Alternatives: Go into Reston and visit the old Nextel HQ, now, Sprint!

Instant Answers: Ashburn

Comments

Ashburn Travel Guide
Map of Ashburn