Charlottesville Tourist Traps

by billus

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Charlottesville

Keswick Hall

by scbelle Written Apr 26, 2005

Keswick Keswick Keswick. Bad bad bad. First of all: its in BFE. That means really far out of town, middle of nowhere. Don't plan on enjoying too much wine, because you WILL get killed on the drive home.

The food was terrible. Especially for the price. It would have helped if it had been served fresh--but no. It was bland, luke warm, tough meat bad. AND WAAAAYYY over priced. Have travelled the world over and eaten in many fine restaurants, this one does NOT make my list.

And the service was AWFUL. Not New York or Paris snobby waiter awful. They tried that, but as it turned out were far from familiar with their winelist, but whatever. The bad part of the service was really in the SLOWNESS and the lack of attention or care. I don't think I could be paid to return.

I REALLY hope I just went to this place on an off night. But its a long haul out there to find out.

Unique Suggestions: Really, just don't go.

Boar's Head Inn

by scbelle Written Apr 26, 2005

I find this place overrated both as an inn and as a restaurant. Food is blah. Catered events are awful. Its just not good. And I Don't like driving out there.

The accomodations are nice enough, but who wants to stay so far away? If I want to stay that far, I'd rather (and do) stay at Farmington.

Duner's

by scbelle Written Apr 26, 2005

Now, let me preface this by saying most people LOOOOVE this place. I think its not so great. Even went back twice more to make sure I hadn't gone on an off night. THere are just too many GREAT places in C'ville to eat to waste a night and a dollar here. Personal opinion.

I also am biased against places that are "out of town." But really, I didn't think the food was phenomenal. Cocktails were nice though.

• uva bookstore...look but don't buy

by freelance Written Nov 3, 2002

the uva bookstore is strictly a place to rip off the rich families of the students attending...but if you must have a uva souvenir....go to the student bookstore at the corner...they sell the same stuff at a cheaper price...

Unique Suggestions: just look and keep in mind of what you want and then go to the student bookstore at the corner

Fun Alternatives: the student bookstore at the corner

Instant Answers: Charlottesville

Comments

Charlottesville Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Charlottesville tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Charlottesville sightseeing.

View all Charlottesville hotels