Chincoteague Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Chincoteague

Shucking House Cafe: Breakfast with a view

by tpangelinan Updated Nov 1, 2003

Go for breakfast

The food here was great, every thing was fresh and real fruit. The prices were reasonable and service was good. Terry had fresh blue berry pancakes, oh my god! I had an omelet that was delish! We took a coffee to go and walked along the pier. There is a covered deck with a bar on the back of this restaruant that has a dance floor, this leads to the pier and that old fishing boat. The views from this restaruant are beautiful and overlook the Chicoteague channel where you can see all kinds of wildlife and birds.

Favorite Dish: open daily in season for breakfast and lunch from 8:00AM until 3:30 PM

• Eco-Tourism

• ISLAND FAMILY RESTAURANT: BEST FOOD IN TOWN

by msmills Updated Jun 9, 2008

This is the best place for breakfast, lunch and dinner. the price is reasonable and nice portions. The seafood platter is enough for two, I recommend this highly. Even the cheeseburgers were great.

Favorite Dish: seafood platter, enough for two

• Mr. Baldy's Family Restaurant: LOCAL FAVORITE

by SweP Written Jul 15, 2008

Get a taste of Chincoteague! Very laid-back and friendly atmosphere. Inexpensive and good, good food. It gets busy on the weekends in the summer - you may have to wait. Be patient - it's worth it. The servings are plentiful and it's where the cowboys eat so you might get to meet some. (This used to be the old Island Family Restaurant.)

Favorite Dish: Sunday dinner - Chicken & Dumplings; Best Crab Cakes on the Island

• Eco-Tourism

• Bill's Restaurant: Great food, bad behavior

by skolmarm Written Jul 29, 2008

My husband and I visited Chincoteague Island this past weekend on our way home to New York from Nags Head, NC. We had heard about Chincoteague Islnd and it seemed about the halfway point of our trip so we decided to stay for the night. The hotel desk clerk recommended Bill's Seafood Restaurant and it was within a short walk of our hotel and gave us the opportunity to walk through the quaint little town. I have to say, the food was excellent, however it was overshadowed by the horrible behavior of the staff. Unfortunately we were seated near the kitchen door and we had a full view of the waitress area. I am assuming that the host is also the manager because the same man that seated us started ranting and raving at the waitstaff and then proceeded to start throwing things, including a pot of water, which was steaming, at one of the waitresses. We were appalled. I have heard of small town charm and the politness of southerners, but I can't believe the waitress allowed him to treat her like that. I hope he was fired and I hope she sues!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Famous Pizza & Sub Shoppe: Near the Wildlife Refuge Entrance

by grandmaR Updated Sep 20, 2011

When we got to the motel, I had an upset digestive tract and kept having to go into the bathroom to 'meditate', so we took advantage of the free snack supper at the hotel and did not go out to eat.

There are at least three pizza places in town - the Famous Subs and Pizza that I took a photo of and also

Maria's Family Restaurant & Pizza

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

McDonalds: Lighthouse view

by grandmaR Written Sep 20, 2011

Lighthouse from the parking lot

There is a McDonalds in Chincoteague. You need not be afraid that you will be without your hamburger and fries fix.

But we didn't eat there. I had been told that the back of the McDonald's parking lot was a good spot to view the lighthouse. And it was.

• Bill's: Really, really awful.

by kdarcangelis870 Written Aug 4, 2006

Service was slow and terrible. We waited an hour to get a glass of water after we sat down. We were in there for at least 4 hours. Everyone who said this Restaurant is excellent is on crack. The fat waiter that gave us service was really good at kissing-butt to an unhappy customer. Food sucked and was very, very overpriced. Place was disgusting, flies and rats all over the place. I hope the health department shuts them down.

Favorite Dish: The glass of water.

• Bills: Great food, great service

by Dogresqer Written May 4, 2010

We ate at Bills on our first night, it was our anniversary. The food was excellent on down to the garlic butter. The honey bread was melt in your mouth good. I had the steak, my husband had the prime rib, both very good. The service was excellent, our waitress was quite attentive. We tried to go again the next night figuring other restaurants wouldn't compare but were disappointed the wait would be an hour and a half. We did not wait at all the night before but there was apparently a large party taking up half the restaurant. Not wanting to wait that long we when elsewhere.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Captain Zacks: Fried Seafood!

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Aug 15, 2010
    Captain Zacks

Having been so close to the ocean, I had to get some seafood somewhere! We stopped at this little carryout place right off the main road into the park. I was the only one in there at the time, so I was waited on promptly - the two ladies running the show quickly provided me with a fried Crab cake sandwich (served with chips, hush puppies and a pickle.) Because my eyes are bigger than my stomach, I also had an order of crab poppers. They packaged it for me as we had to make it back to the hotel for an afternoon engagement. The Crab sandwich was really good - lots of lump crab meat and very tasty. I also thought the hush puppies were pretty good. The poppers were basically jalapeno poppers with a small amount of crab - I probably would pass on that the next time (and try one of the other great sounding appetizers.) I did not see if there were any places to sit at outside other than the benches in front had we not been in a hurry. Overall, I was happy with our choice.

McDonld's: Breakfast

by tpangelinan Written Nov 1, 2003

See the Lighthouse

Grab some coffee and watch the sunrise, you can see the Assateague Lighthouse from the parking lot. Go early in the morning and you can see it still lit as the sun comes up.

• National/State Park

Dine on the water front: Chincoteague inn Restaurant

by tpangelinan Written Oct 5, 2003

Not too bad, service wasn't the best, and the food was average. The view was wonderful, on the deck as the sun was going down. A seafood town for sure, fishing boats every where you look

• TOMHET's Restaurant Tip

by TOMHET Written Oct 4, 2002

The unique place to eat in town is the Chincoteague Inn on the waterfront, close to the swing bridge.

Instant Answers: Chincoteague

Comments

Chincoteague Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chincoteague restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chincoteague sightseeing.