Claytor Lake State Park Travel Guide

• Claytor Lake State Park
    by cwcit

Claytor Lake State Park Warnings and Dangers

• by jeri005 Written May 19, 2010

My family wanted to go camping to celebrate my sisters graduation from college, too bad we choose Claytor Lake. Six people were arrested from my group for being drunk in public. There was no noise complaint, only 4 people were outside of their tents. I was asleep inside my tent and was arrested for being intoxicated in public, the ranger threatened me and was extremely inappropriate. All of the police that i spoke to in the jail said what happened was ridiculous, or that if it were up to them they would have left us alone. One cop told me that for the past couple of weekends the same park ranger has been bringing families for drinking in public. My friend was also sleeping in his tent and was pulled out by his ankle by the ranger and was arrested. My family and I are not criminals and did not deserve that treatment. The lake was beautiful and the campsites were nice but sadly i did not get to go hiking, swimming, or make smores over the fire like i wanted. So, if you plan on having a beer with your burger on your campsite do not stay here. In my opinion Claytor Lake needs to remove Ranger Bowen and Ranger Colette.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Camping

Instant Answers: Claytor Lake State Park

Comments

Claytor Lake State Park Travel Guide
Map of Claytor Lake State Park