Colonial Beach Travel Guide

• St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church in the rain
    St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church in the...
    Old photo of Colonial Beach beach
    by grandmaR
    Bell House from a golf cart at dusk

Colonial Beach Hotels

Colonial Beach Restaurants

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Happy Clam Seafood Restaurant, has been family owned and operated locally, by the Moncure family since 1979. There was a brief interruption, courtesy of Hurricane Isabel, between 2003 and 2007. The Happy Clam is at Bayside Marina, and is associated with The Seafood Market at The Happy Clam. They have photos on the walls of old time Colonial Beach.

Favorite Dish: Normally I would have one of the specials, but I had seafood gumbo the day before, and I'm not a fan of okra unless it is in some kind of soup or stew. So I had hot tea and shrimp salad with hush puppies. Bob had soup and tuna salad and cole slaw. Then we both wanted coconut cake, but it apparently hadn't 'set up' yet, so Bob had double chocolate cake and I had chocolate pie. Each dessert was $4.95. The bill before tip was $35.92

Shrimp salad and hush puppies Happy Clam Double Chocolate Cake Specials board German chocolate pie $4.95

by grandmaR Written Oct 1, 2008

We sat by the window, and I watched a little boy playing on the sand. He was chasing some female mallard ducks. While we were eating, we saw a lady come ashore in a kayak - she was a bit wet.

Favorite Dish: We both had virgin pina colas.

I had a cup of the soup of the day which was seafood gumbo to start - it was VERY spicy. Bob also had a cup of soup. Bob had a Fish and Chips Basket (appetizer) $8.99, and I had the coconut shrimp appetizer $9.99.

Coconut Shrimp Seafood Gumbo - Soup of the Day Restaurant interior
    • Beaches

by grandmaR Written Oct 1, 2008

under construction

Favorite Dish: Bob had a pulled pork sandwich and I had the special which was the chicken cranberry chutney salad. ($6.99).

Fat Freda's Chicken cranberry chutney salad Bob's BBQ List of specials Front of the menu
    • Beaches

Colonial Beach Sports & Outdoors

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

One of the marinas on Monroe Bay is Bayside

Equipment: Open in late March or April
    Seasonal Slips
    Transition Slips
    Hourly Slips

Looking at the marina from inside the Happy Clam Monroe Bay from the road Building across from Bayside
    • Cruise
    • Fishing

Instant Answers: Colonial Beach

Comments

Colonial Beach Travel Guide
Map of Colonial Beach