Culpeper Restaurants

HIGH ON THE HOG: SPERRYVILLE - PULLED PORK SANDWICHES

by LoriPori Updated Nov 8, 2010

High on the Hog

Sunday October 24, 2010
    After our visit to Culpeper, we continued on to the #522 to Sperryville. We both had a craving for pulled pork sandwiches. I remembered seeing a couple of places in Sperryville on the day we went to the Luray Caverns. I spotted the restaurant HIGH ON THE HOG at 15 Main Street. You could eat in or take away. And they said on a sign outside, it was "Good Grub". It wasn't quite lunch time yet so I decided to get take away and eat them at a picnic spot at the Shenandoah National Park.
    I ordered two pulled pork sandwiches, which came with cole slaw, a dill pickle spear and a small bag of potato chips, all for $5.75. I also slathered some bbq sauce on them.
    Well all I can say - it was heavenly and scrumpdillyicious!

• leafmcgowan's Profile Photo

Thai Culpeper: Thai Culpeper

by leafmcgowan Written Jun 1, 2008

Right on historic main street in the heart of Culpeper Virginia, located within the historic Lord Culpeper Hotel resides a fusion of old Virginia architecture and Asian cuisine. The staff was very pleasant and quick and the food divine. I tried the fresh Seafood Pad Thai that was riddled with mussels, scallops, shrimp, and squid - it was one of the best Pad Thai I've had in awhile. If I can find it again, I'll be back if ever in the area again. Rating 5 stars out of 5. Visited 5/23/08.

Favorite Dish: seafood pad thai

• Wine Tasting

• CAFE FAIRFAX !!!!! New...

by fharris47 Written Oct 5, 2002

CAFE FAIRFAX !!!!! New restaurant in town. Very, very good. Excellent food, staff is great. Check it out with Miki Chilton. Tuna, shrimp, soup and salad are all excellent. Go try it out.
    Great atmosphere... Great for home town people and people from out-of-town..

Favorite Dish: seafood, soup, tuna, shrimp
    salad all excellent

Instant Answers: Culpeper

Comments

Culpeper Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Culpeper restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Culpeper sightseeing.