Deltaville Restaurants

From the street

Most Recent Restaurants in Deltaville

Taylor's Restaurant: since 1929

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

It seemed like this would be a perfect fit for us - a down home basic restaurant. The restaurant is a long low building on the street. Inside there is green oilcloth on the tables.

The menu says (in part):

Three things are synonymous with Deltaville - Fishing, Sailing and Taylor's Restaurant. Since 1929, we have been a welcome beacon for spirited boaters who put down their anchor or put out their lines on our shores in search of that special meal to fill their seasoned tastes...We are committed to continuing our tradition by living the values that drive us. Simplicity: We're not here to sell you culinary splendor or extravagant decor. At Taylor's you will feel at home. Quality: Whatever your appetite, you will enjoy fresh food prepared on the premises to satisfy your dining tastes...Come and enjoy our renowned weekend breakfast buffet that now offers mimosas and bloody marys...Take your time leaving. Please come back and bring a friend

Taylor's is one of four restaurants in Deltaville that will come and pick you up at your boat and take you back afterwards. Apparently you can also get the food to-go, and even though this was a Wednesday, they were doing good business with local folks.

Favorite Dish: I had the fried crabcakes ($14.95) and there were two of them. I had broccoli with cheese (sharpish cheese and not the blander stuff, but soggy broccoli) and mashed red potatoes as my sides. Bob had the fried chicken $8.95 and his two sides were cole slaw and potato salad. We each had iced tea ($1.25 and they put a pitcher on the table for us) and they brought fresh yeast rolls and hushpuppies to start with. We each had piece of apple pie ($3.50). Bob brought home two pieces of chicken and I brought home a crab cake for lunch the next day.

We passed up the specials which were Early Bird 4p-6:30p Spaetti with Meatballs and Garlic Bread for $6.95 and Dinner Feature Spicy Seafood AuGratin with 2 sides for $12.95.

Pictured - bottom is Bob's fried chicken and sides. Right is apple pie and next to that a portion of the crab cakes and brocolli.

Collage of food and restaurant
    • Fishing
    • Sailing and Boating

Coffee Creations: Downtown

by grandmaR Updated Jul 5, 2007

This was one of the pictures I took when I was walking around in Deltaville. I don't know anything about the business other than what I can see from the street - we don't drink coffee so we don't usually visit coffee shops.

From the street
    • Business Travel

Two Honey's Sno Shack: No Linen Napkins

by grandmaR Written Oct 11, 2004

I haven't eaten here as I think it was closed for the season.

Favorite Dish: They advertise 32 flavors of shaved ice, pickles and chili cheese hot dogs.

Sno Shack
    • Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Deltaville

Comments

Deltaville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Deltaville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Deltaville sightseeing.