Emporia Travel Guide

Chester Fried Chicken
    Window from parking lot
    by grandmaR
    chicken livers, gizzards and sandwiches

Emporia Things to Do

by doug48 Updated Jul 2, 2011

pictured is the greensville county confederate memorial located on the grounds of the greensville courthouse. this memorial has a standing soldier motif which is common in the south.

confederate memorial

by doug48 Updated May 27, 2011

village view is a 1705 plantation house located in downtown emporia. in 1864 confederate generals w.h.f. lee and wade hampton met here to discuss plans on the defense of petersburg. village view is listed on the national register of historic places. village view is open to the public by tour.

village view plantation house general wade hampton CSA general w. h. f. lee
    • Museum Visits

by doug48 Updated May 27, 2011

downtown emporia is listed on the national register of historic places. pictured is main street in the downtown historic district. for those interested in antebellum and victorian architecture emporia is a worth while side trip off of I-95 in southern virginia.

main street

Emporia Hotels

Emporia Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Updated Jan 1, 2013

It got to be about 11:30 and I asked the GPS to show me some restaurants nearby and I picked a non-chain chicken place in Stoney Creek, VA We got off and the chicken place had turned into a BBQ place and it was closed. We got back on I-95 and then got off on the exit before Emporia and found a place called Chester Fried Chicken. So we stopped.

Definitely NOT a chain. At first glance a convenience store with a gas station (with very good gas prices). Bob went to the bathroom and I looked around. There were tables in the back.

Seems to be a local kind of place. As I left people were buying and scratching off their lottery tickets

Favorite Dish: There was a counter with fried chicken, fried potatoes, baked beans, and chicken nuggets,
    and ...What are these?" (pointing) Gizzards. And these? Chicken Livers. I was so intrigued by the idea of getting chicken livers at a convenience store, that I ordered them without consulting Bob and the medium box had so many that we didn't order anything else but just got a juice bottle and shared. And at that we couldn't eat them all. Cost $4.50

Window from parking lot chicken livers, gizzards and sandwiches Inside looking out medium box of chicken livers Another window in the front
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Emporia

Comments

Emporia Travel Guide
Map of Emporia