Walkerton Tavern was built by John Walker in the mid 1820s. Across the years, it has served as a tavern, store, post office, polling station, and even a field hospital for wounded Union Cavalrymen during the War Between the States. The tavern is tended by Henrico County Parks and Recreation. They rent it out to all sorts of events. In July, 2012, Barack Obama held a campaign rallye here in gardens in the middle of a sudden thunderstorm.
Crump Park is a refreshing bit of nature and history amidst the suburbanisation of western Henrico County. Officially named General Sheppard Crump Memorial Park, this county park is complete with a duck pond (stocked with catfish), playground, and an open meadow for kite flying. The park's best part is Elizabeth A. Crump Manor, circa 1810, now part of the Meadow Farm Museum. There are nature and exercise trails, three ponds (one for fishing) wooded play areas with slides, tyre swings, etc. picnic shelters, an orientation centre, a 19th century living history museum. Meadow Farm, one of the last remaining 19th-century farms in Henrico County, is an 1860 living historical farm focusing on middle-class rural life just before the War for Southern Independence. On selected weekends, costumed interpreters provide insights into the lives of Dr. John Sheppard, the owner of Meadow Farm, and his family. They portray daily and seasonal activities in the farmhouse, barn, doctor's office, blacksmith's forge, kitchen, fields, and pastures.
The Courtney Road Service Station is a prototype of a canopy house which originated in 1916 by the Standard Oil of Ohio. It is the only restored early 20th century service station in Henrico County. It is an excellent example of a service station created for when the cars and trucks we know today were relatively new. Henrico County turned this defunct service station into a historical site as homage to its once rural past.