Herndon Nightlife

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Elements: Much Needed Drinks after a Long Drive

by cjg1 Updated Mar 29, 2013
    Sweet tea Lemonade

Elements is the bar/lounge of the Hyatt Dulles. My wife and I arrived later than anticipated to the hotel on a Friday night due to a tire blow out somewhere in pennsylvania (added almost two hours to the trip as we went to a Pep Biys for a new tire). After such a stress filled journey we decided to have some evening drinks before settling in for some sleep.

Elements is located in the lobby of the Hyatt. There is a bar area with bar seating as well as tables and couches surrounding a Koi Pond. They serve food here as well as drinks but we were only interested in the liquid refreshment. The food we did see being served looked very good (maybe next stay). I chose a Miller lIte and my wife decided to try their Sweet Tea Lemonade. My wife and I decided to relax at one of the couches by the Koi pond to enjoy our drinks.

My beer totally hit the spot; I so needed it to unwind after our journey. My wife enjoyed her Sweet Tea Lemonade; she said it was so good she'd order it again. We enjoyed relaxing on the couch and unwinding. After having our drinks we were definitely ready to hit the sheets for some much needed sleep.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Hilton Dulles Executive Lounge: Snacks, Drinks and Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Jun 30, 2010

Liz & I enjoying the lounge

As a Diamond with Hilton I'm entitled to Lounge access; which is a nice perk. The lounge is a nice size with a flatscreen TV, tables and couches. There are several stations set up with beverages, coffe, tea, snacks, hot food, cold food, cookies and alcoholic beverages.

My wife usually has her hot Jasmine tea and a cookie. My first visit to this lounge I ordered a JW Black; they don't have JW Blue here to my dissapointment. To my surprise I was actually charged for the drink (only $3) but I had never been charged for alcohol before in a lounge. It was a bit off putting and I will further investigate if this is a change chain wide or just for this location. The hot food isn't bad; I've had their penne. The cheese and crackers are also pretty good.

I like to grab a newspaper and catch up on events while Liz enjoyed her warm tea and cookie before heading back to the room for the night.

Dress Code: Casual

Instant Answers: Herndon

Comments

Herndon Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Herndon nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Herndon sightseeing.