Herndon Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Herndon

Elements on Level One: Decent Buffet Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Mar 19, 2013

This is the in house restaurant of the Dulles Hyatt and where they offer breakfast. Tucked behind the lobby bar it hosts a fairly good sized buffet while also offering a decent menu selection as well. Offering plenty of seating in a couple smaller feeling rooms when not busy it can feel like you’re eating privately. We did enjoy this aspect actually on our last visit.

I will continue to explore the menu during our future visits and eventually will eat the buffet myself. Breakfast was about $50 for the two of us here although was included in our stay. Most weekends they offer a AAA rate with breakfast if you do not have Diamond.

Favorite Dish: I decided upon this visit to forgo the buffet and order off of the menu. My choice was the Blue Crap Benedict. This was a tasty choice but not one I’m likely to pick again. The crab and the eggs, although enjoyable separately did not mix well for me. I also ordered a side of bacon with my meal. The bacon here is a bit thick which is always welcome but was charred a bit that detracted from its goodness. I did greatly enjoy the hashbrowns that came with the meal and used these for the eggs and Hollandaise sauce while eating the crab and English muffin separately.

Liz decided to go with the buffet. Although her potatoes were not very good to either of us the buffet offered many excellent items. Our favorite was by far the pineapple. This was tasty and we both agreed we could have each made a meal of it alone.

Stone's Cove Kitbar: Mango & Tilapia

by Africancrab Written Aug 23, 2012

We had dinner on our last day in Virginia at the Kitbar. This was a first for me and I was pleasantly surprised. The interior was warm and welcoming, staff pleasant and helpful. It was not busy so we were seated right away and service began.

Mark and I shared an imported Guinness, I only had half a glass mixed with coke. My daughter ordered a cherry temple. The menu was quite simple.

I took the meal of the day which happened to be a Mango Tilapia over a bed of white rice. I did not know such a mix was possible, but it was delicious. The cilantro and black pepper added taste and flavor.

My daughter went with the flat bread with pepperoni, ham, tomatoes and Swiss cheese. It was incredibly delicious.

The price was decent. My only concern was the fact that the whole place has high bar sitting and it was a little inconvenient since we had our 6 month old with us.

Curry N Kabob: Mouth-burning, delicious Indian Food

Lamb Biryani

My family decided to go Indian this time; something spicy and hot! The Curry N Kabob Indian restaurant is located literally 6 walking minutes from where we live. It was gloomy and threatening to rain so we drove there. It was early 4:30 pm so there were no people at the restaurant. It looks more like a fast food place, with a seating area. We decided to dine in, instead of curry out.

We made our orders choosing from the giant menu on the wall; the photos are clear and names well written. Details of what you are ordering are printed finely so no mistakes are made. We made our orders choosing one meat, one vegetable and one fish. The order were processed pretty quick. They came on a tray, just like you would find at a cafeteria. Sides included flat bread, dips and hot sauce just in case the prepared food was not hot enough (smile!)
    The food was pretty spicy and hot. If spiced food is not your thing, this is not the place for you.

The negative aspect of our visit was the fact that the place was incredibly warm, the air condition was not running so they had giant fans blowing air around, but that did little to cool down the place. If you have eaten spicy foods before, you know that it make your body hot, so you do need a cool room. This part was not a good experience, nonetheless the food was nothing short of outstanding. I love Indian food.

Favorite Dish: The Palak Paneer (spinach curry) was my favorite.

TurCuisine: Great Turkish Food

Greek Salad

Tonight dinner was at the Turcuisine lounge and grill, a Turkish restaurant no doubt. Since we were unsure what to eat, I was happy when my husband mentioned there was a Turkish restaurant at the Worldgate Center. We headed there at 5:00 pm, which is an unusual time for me to dine. However since we had not eaten since two nights ago, my daughter and I were starving.

We were the only guests there so service was quite fast and personable. Our waitress was pleasant, taking our orders and delivering as fast as she took them. The menu was self explanatory with great photos of the meals to help you decide. I ordered the sampler plate with a variety of different dishes and a side of Greet Salad.

My daughter ordered the Kebab while my husband went with the more traditional as well as a side of Greek Salad. Turkish beer for my husband and mango juice for Desire.

The plates were reasonable, but I still did not finish my plate, not because it was too much, but because it was incredibly tasty and filling.

The interior of the restaurant is inviting with a blend of red, black and light decor. The amazing wine rack on a huge panel of the wall in front as one enters the restaurants creates a wow image, feast to the eyes.

Coming from Arizona, the price change definitely puts this one at expensive in my book with a plate at $18.00. But is is money well spent.

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

Generous George's Positive Pizza & Pasta: Generous Portions of Oven Roasted Pizza

Oven roasted pizza

Generosity is something the American knows about and uses. When you hear the name Generous George's, you probably think its just the name of a chain of restaurants, wrong! They are a chain of generous restaurants serving generous portions of food for a decent price.

They do carter for children very well I might add. Tonight at the Generous George located on the first floor of the AVE Furnished Residences where we are staying, I was seriously shocked when my order came in.

After an evening of hiking two trails at the Great Falls, we decided to dine out even though we have left overs from my last night's cooking. We did not need reservations, the restaurant was busy, but not enough to require reservations. We were greeted at the door by a pleasant young lady, and offered a seat immediately. We sat close to the kitchen, across from us was a table of a family with a birthday party with a few children. We did not mind the noise, they were about to leave when we began to place our orders.

Mark and desire ordered the roasted Pizza, I was curious to see what a roasted pizza looked like. Turns out it is earthen oven style cooked. Their dough is lightly brushed with an aromatic blend of minced garlic and olive oil, topped with roasted red peppers, sliced tomatoes, spinach, and provolone. The large was more like a giant pizza, Mark and Desire did not finish it, they at 2 slices each and the rest came home. the Pizza and their two drinks were less than $30

I ordered the Rosemary Chicken Florentine which included Spinach, mushrooms, red peppers, bacon, and
    chicken, sautéed in garlic and olive oil then tossed with bowtie pasta in a creamy white wine sauce with a hint of rosemary. Talk of tasty! Of course the portion was not only generous, it looked like a portion for three adults. I only at one third, the rest came home. My meal was only $16 and my drink $4.

The drinks were even more shocking, they were literally served in jugs. Each jug was good to serve three people.
    This is a great discovery for family dinners.

"If it looks Good, eat it" -Andrew Zimmerman

Favorite Dish: Oven Roasted Pizza

Executive Lounge (Dulles Hilton): Decent Free Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Jun 30, 2010

As a Diamond with Hilton I am entitled to free breakfast in the lounge. Breakfast in the lounge is quite good. They have a nice selection of juices, cereals, coffee, tea, bagels, toast, muffins, pastry, sausage, bacon, fruit, eggs and home fried potatoes. Other items such as french toast, pancakes and blintzes are served but not consistently.

Usually on weekends Mary is working in the lounge; she is a very nice lady. The food here is very good and I really enjoy the home fries and bacon. Liz usually gets her fruit along with a bagel and peanut butter. I also enjoy that they have my favorite Orange Blossom tea which is quite nice in the morning.

Angeethi: Wow...Incredible Indian Food

by cjg1 Updated Jun 21, 2010

Bengan Bharta

My wife and I literally discovered this place after searching for food close to our hotel. We are both big lovers of Indian Food so when we saw this restaurant we had to check it out for ourselves. This place is a real gem for both food and service.

The food here is incredibly prepared with flavourful ingredients and beautifully presented by friendly staff. They do the most excellent job at making each person feel welcome as if you are in someone's home. The restaurant is large but has that cozy feel to it. Each time we have been here we have been seated at a booth. I love that there are real cushions on the seats and not the cookie cutter diner styled booths. Another nice touch is the fresh flowers on every table.

The menu has the usual mix of Indian dishes and specialties such as Mulligatawny Soup, assorted Vindaloos, Masalas and curries. They also have Saturday and Sunday lunch buffets. The lunch buffet is an incredible spread of food. I felt as if I was at a wedding; there was just so much to choose from.

My wife and I have our favorites here and feel bad for not branching out to other items on the menu. I love their Methi Lamb..it is the best Indian food I have has had in this country. the Methi chicken is also spectacular. Both dishes have tender meat and the right amount of spice. My wife is not much of a meat girl soshe gets Benghan Bharta or some Aloo Saag. The Benghan Barta is a tandori roasted eggplant with onions, peppers and tomatoes served with a side of rice. It is very tasty and perfect for vegetarians and those who are not into a big kick of spices. The Aloo Saag is a nice vegetarian alternative with tasty potatoes in a curry spinach sauce.

We both love the Sabzi Pakoras and the Vegetable Samosas. The Pakoras are cooked perfectly and the Samosas are perfectly stuffed with potatoes and peas. Yum!!!! The garlic naan is incredible. I love the huge chunks of garlic along with the warm crispiness of the bread; it's perfect for dipping. For dessert there is a shredded carrot dish that is soaked in honey and has raisins...quite tasty and interesting.

The staff here is wonderful. Every time we have come here to dine we feel as if we are coming home. Everyone is so friendly and attentive. Your glass is always full and the service is top notch. The food is presented artfully on beautiful dishes and the portions are very large. Try the lunch buffet, it is incredibly with so many food options. We love a nice Saturday buffet with a little serving of all our favorites and some new ones.

If you want incredible Indian food, you must come here. You will be addicted and want more!

Favorite Dish: The Methi Lamb was excellent. The spices, the meat, everything was delicious. The rice was very good and perfectly cooked. The garlic naan was flavorful and perfect for dipping in the sauce of my entree. I also enjoyed that they had a large selction of Indian beers available. It was nice to have a Kingfisher to accompany such a delicious meal.

The Pakoras here are very tasty and cooked perfectly. The Samosas I have to say are the best that I have had anywhere. The potatoes and peas were perfectly cooked with just the right amount of spices. My Methi Lamb arrived with jasmine rice and garlic naan. The lamb meat was so tender and the sauce was incredible. Liz loved her Bengan Bharta. It was a tandori roasted eggplant with onions, peppers and tomatoes. I had a taste but it was not spicy enough for my taste.

The Lunch buffet here is excellent. We recently came here for the Saturday lunch buffet (12pm-3pm). There is so much food it's inbelievable....with so many options. They had a variety of curries with lamb, meat, vegetables and seafood, pakoras, different varieties of naan, Tandori chicken, chaat, Tiki Masala, Vindaloos and desserts. Liz and I ate some wonderful food until our stomachs gave up.

So far my wife and I have returned here six times for excellent meals.

The Cardinal Lounge: Incredible Calimari

by cjg1 Updated May 12, 2010

Club soda with Lime & Miller Lite

The Cardinal was the sports bar/casual restaurant of the Hilton Dulles in which we were staying. My wife and I stopped in for a drink and a snack before heading out to visit with family. The Lounge is a large space with plenty of bar seating , tables and comfortable chairs and couches throughout.

We took a seat at the bar and perused the menu. I decided to have a Miller Lite and Liz wanted a club soda with lime. The menu had the usual pub grub food along with some salads and heartier dishes. We decided to split an order of the fried calamari and pomme frites. The lounge was a bit on the crowded side with a conference there that day and a wedding that night but we felt comfortable regardless.

Our food came rather quickly despite the crowd. The calamari was served in a cone with two sauces; marinari and tartar for dipping. The pomme frites came with a large bowl of ketchup. The calamari were incredibly good with a tasty breading. The pomme frites were perfectly thin and crisp; a good choice as a side dish.

We had a good time in the lounge relaxing, enjoying our meal and discussing a future trip on our schedule. If I use this hotel again, I will definitely grab a quick bite here if I'm hungry.

Big Bowl: Great Asian Food

by olddude Updated Nov 13, 2007

Although it is a chain, It is one of the best Chinese/Thai places in the area. It is famous for it's big mongolian BBQ bowls, but other things on the menu are equally good. They have daily specials and the staff is good. I am allergic to peanuts and they got the chef to use a frssh wok for my meal just so there would be no chance of contamination. I was impressed as this was during a lunch rush. Yes I said rush because this place is almost always crowded.

Favorite Dish: The Szchezwan Beef and Beef and Broccolli are my favorites here. The potstickers as well as the ginger ale made fresh on the premises is also very good.

• olddude's Profile Photo

Hula Inn: When you need Chinese Food in a Hurry...

by olddude Updated Nov 13, 2007

As I was moving in here, I got a flyer about this place and just let me tell you that is is some of the best Chinese to be had in this area; especially from a local chain. It has never taken more than 15 minutes to received a called in order or more than 5 minutes for an order to be ready that I need to pick up. Everything is seasoned just right and always piping hot when I get it. I even received a free bamboo wall calender for Chinese New Year with one of my orders. One other thing...the portions are HUGE and the prices are low.

Favorite Dish: I have no favorite; everything on the menu is great. Some of the best shrimp toast I have ever had.

• olddude's Profile Photo

Tokyo Sushi: Boy, do I miss sushi!

by olddude Written Sep 11, 2006

This was my first foray into Japanese food since i moved frm japan to here recently and I must say, that this place really hit the bullseye with me. The sashimi and the sushi was awesome; as was the service and the atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: The sashimi platter with miso soup and plum wine.

Instant Answers: Herndon

Comments

Herndon Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Herndon restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Herndon sightseeing.