Herndon Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Herndon

• olddude's Profile Photo

Deer Crossing

by olddude Written Dec 25, 2006

Now that I have been here for a few months I have noticed the abundance of deer; especially on my route home from work. I have even had them surrounding my car (like in the movie "The Ring 2") in the parking lot as I leave work at 11pm. With that in mind I was somewhat suprised at the lack of deer crossing signs in this area. I have had two close calls so far since I have been here and have learned to drive in the left hand lane to give me more of a buffer as deer emerge from the woods around here at night. So be awre around this area at night of the possibility of a deer running into your path unexpectedly. They will cause great damage to your car and of course kill the deer; not to mention scaring the bejesus out of you.

• olddude's Profile Photo

Driving

by olddude Updated Sep 13, 2006

Being that this area is known as the tech corridor of Virginia, I was not suprised at the number of people using their cell phone whie driving. What I am suprised at is the number of them that do not use any type of hands free device. Therefore there are many inattentive drivers here. I actually watched a guy plowed into the back of a tow truck during rush hour because he was on his phone. Luckily it was a tow truck because his car was totally disabled after the crash (no damage to the truck). There seems to be a lot of people here "using the force" to drive their cars. Just like I mentioned in my dangers tip on Korea, you must drive here with your head on a swivel constantly because you never know who is trying to shave, put on lipstick or read a map at 60mph here. finally, having some of the longest commutes in the nation doesn't help tempers behind the wheel either.

Instant Answers: Herndon

Comments

Herndon Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Herndon warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Herndon sightseeing.